Old  June 10th, 2013, 8:15pm     #2431
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Monday's Message

Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye. Colossians 3:13 KJV

forbearing one another, and forgiving each other, if any man have a complaint against any; even as the Lord forgave you, so also do ye: Colossians 3:13 ASV

Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. Colossians 3:13 NIV

and for Supplementation:

So, chosen by God for this new life of love, dress in the wardrobe God picked out for you: compassion, kindness, humility, quiet strength, discipline. Be even-tempered, content with second place, quick to forgive an offense. Forgive as quickly and completely as the Master forgave you. And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It’s your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it. Colossians 3:13 MSG
  Old  June 11th, 2013, 12:59pm     #2432
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Tuesday's Blessings

Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. Psalm 46:10 KJV

Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth. Psalm 46:10 ASV

He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalm 46:10 NIV

and for Supplementation:

Attention, all! See the marvels of God! He plants flowers and trees all over the earth, Bans war from pole to pole, breaks all the weapons across his knee. “Step out of the traffic! Take a long, loving look at me, your High God, above politics, above everything.” Psalm 46:10 MSG
  Old  June 13th, 2013, 1:28pm     #2433
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Thursday's Spoken Word

If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him? Luke 11:13 KJV

If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him? Luke 11:13 ASV

If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!” Luke 11:13 NIV

and for Supplementation:

“Don’t bargain with God. Be direct. Ask for what you need. This is not a cat-and-mouse, hide-and-seek game we’re in. If your little boy asks for a serving of fish, do you scare him with a live snake on his plate? If your little girl asks for an egg, do you trick her with a spider? As bad as you are, you wouldn’t think of such a thing—you’re at least decent to your own children. And don’t you think the Father who conceived you in love will give the Holy Spirit when you ask him?” Luke 11:13 MSG
  Old  June 14th, 2013, 12:21pm     #2434
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Friday's Faithful Word

For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: Philippians 3:20 KJV

For our citizenship is in heaven; whence also we wait for a Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: Philippians 3:20 ASV

But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, Philippians 3:20 NIV

and for Supplementation:

But there’s far more to life for us. We’re citizens of high heaven! We’re waiting the arrival of the Savior, the Master, Jesus Christ, who will transform our earthy bodies into glorious bodies like his own. He’ll make us beautiful and whole with the same powerful skill by which he is putting everything as it should be, under and around him. Philippians 3:20 MSG
  Old  June 15th, 2013, 12:46pm     #2435
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Saturday's Sacred Words

The father of the righteous shall greatly rejoice: and he that begetteth a wise child shall have joy of him. Proverbs 23:24 KJV

The father of the righteous will greatly rejoice; And he that begetteth a wise child will have joy of him. Proverbs 23:24 ASV

The father of a righteous child has great joy; a man who fathers a wise son rejoices in him. Proverbs 23:24 NIV

and for Supplementation:

[ Buy Wisdom, Education, Insight ] [ 16 ] Listen with respect to the father who raised you, and when your mother grows old, don’t neglect her. Buy truth—don’t sell it for love or money; buy wisdom, buy education, buy insight. Parents rejoice when their children turn out well; wise children become proud parents. So make your father happy! Make your mother proud! Proverbs 23:24 MSG
  Old  June 16th, 2013, 9:33am     #2436
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Sunday's Scripture: Spoken Truth

Like as a father pitieth his children, so the Lord pitieth them that fear him. Psalm 103:13 KJV

Like as a father pitieth his children, So Jehovah pitieth them that fear him. Psalm 103:13 ASV

As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him; Psalm 103:13 NIV

and for Supplementation:

God makes everything come out right; he puts victims back on their feet. He showed Moses how he went about his work, opened up his plans to all Israel. God is sheer mercy and grace; not easily angered, he’s rich in love. He doesn’t endlessly nag and scold, nor hold grudges forever. He doesn’t treat us as our sins deserve, nor pay us back in full for our wrongs. As high as heaven is over the earth, so strong is his love to those who fear him. And as far as sunrise is from sunset, he has separated us from our sins. As parents feel for their children, God feels for those who fear him. He knows us inside and out, keeps in mind that we’re made of mud. Men and women don’t live very long; like wildflowers they spring up and blossom, But a storm snuffs them out just as quickly, leaving nothing to show they were here. God’s love, though, is ever and always, eternally present to all who fear him, Making everything right for them and their children as they follow his Covenant ways and remember to do whatever he said. Psalm 103:13 MSG
  Old  June 16th, 2013, 9:38am     #2437
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

I will have very unreliable and at times non existent internet & cell access for up to ten days.

It would be blessing during this time, if some of you who read this thread would post a favorite scripture, prayer, devotion, or an Amen or just mention how God is working in your life.

God's graceful blessings to you and your families.
  Old  June 26th, 2013, 3:58pm     #2438
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Wednesday's Spoken Word

Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the Lord. Leviticus 19:18 KJV

Thou shalt not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people; but thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself: I am Jehovah. Leviticus 19:18 ASV

“‘Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord. Leviticus 19:18 NIV

and for Supplementation:

“Don’t seek revenge or carry a grudge against any of your people. “Love your neighbor as yourself. I am God. Leviticus 19:18 MSG
  Old  June 27th, 2013, 12:08pm     #2439
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Thursday's Spoken Word

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. Matthew 16:25 KJV

For whosoever would save his life shall lose it: and whosoever shall lose his life for my sake shall find it. Matthew 16:25 ASV

For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. Matthew 16:25 NIV

and for Supplementation:

Then Jesus went to work on his disciples. “Anyone who intends to come with me has to let me lead. You’re not in the driver’s seat; I am. Don’t run from suffering; embrace it. Follow me and I’ll show you how. Self-help is no help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, my way, to finding yourself, your true self. What kind of deal is it to get everything you want but lose yourself? What could you ever trade your soul for? Matthew 16:25 MSG
  Old  June 28th, 2013, 6:12pm     #2440
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Friday's Faithful Word

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9 KJV

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some count slackness; but is longsuffering to you-ward, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9 ASV

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9 NIV

and for Supplementation:

[ The Day the Sky Will Collapse ] Don’t overlook the obvious here, friends. With God, one day is as good as a thousand years, a thousand years as a day. God isn’t late with his promise as some measure lateness. He is restraining himself on account of you, holding back the End because he doesn’t want anyone lost. He’s giving everyone space and time to change. 2 Peter 3:9 MSG
  Old  June 29th, 2013, 3:28pm     #2441
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Saturday's Sacred Words

The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O Lord, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands. Psalm 138:8 KJV

Jehovah will perfect that which concerneth me: Thy lovingkindness, O Jehovah, endureth for ever; Forsake not the works of thine own hands. Psalm 138:8 ASV

The Lord will vindicate me; your love, Lord, endures forever— do not abandon the works of your hands. Psalm 138:8 NIV

and for Supplementation:

When I walk into the thick of trouble, keep me alive in the angry turmoil. With one hand strike my foes, With your other hand save me. Finish what you started in me, God. Your love is eternal—don’t quit on me now. Psalm 138:8 MSG
  Old  June 30th, 2013, 4:28pm     #2442
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Sunday's Scripture: Spoken Truth

And the Lord shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one. Zechariah 14:9 KJV

And Jehovah shall be King over all the earth: in that day shall Jehovah be one, and his name one. Zechariah 14:9 ASV

The Lord will be king over the whole earth. On that day there will be one Lord, and his name the only name. Zechariah 14:9 NIV

and for Supplementation:

God will be king over all the earth, one God and only one. What a Day that will be! Zechariah 14:9 MSG
  Old  July 1st, 2013, 1:06pm     #2443
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Monday's Message

For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. Romans 12:3 KJV

For I say, through the grace that was given me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think as to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to each man a measure of faith. Romans 12:3 ASV

[ Humble Service in the Body of Christ ] For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. Romans 12:3 NIV

and for Supplementation:

I’m speaking to you out of deep gratitude for all that God has given me, and especially as I have responsibilities in relation to you. Living then, as every one of you does, in pure grace, it’s important that you not misinterpret yourselves as people who are bringing this goodness to God. No, God brings it all to you. The only accurate way to understand ourselves is by what God is and by what he does for us, not by what we are and what we do for him. Romans 12:3 MSG
  Old  July 2nd, 2013, 7:56pm     #2444
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Tuesday's Blessings

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings. Jeremiah 17:9-10 KJV

The heart is deceitful above all things, and it is exceedingly corrupt: who can know it? I, Jehovah, search the mind, I try the heart, even to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his doings. Jeremiah 17:9-10 ASV

The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it? “I the Lord search the heart and examine the mind, to reward each person according to their conduct, according to what their deeds deserve.” Jeremiah 17:9-10 NIV

and for Supplementation:

“The heart is hopelessly dark and deceitful, a puzzle that no one can figure out. But I, God, search the heart and examine the mind. I get to the heart of the human. I get to the root of things. I treat them as they really are, not as they pretend to be.” Jeremiah 17:9-10 MSG
  Old  July 3rd, 2013, 1:53pm     #2445
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Wednesday's Spoken Word

Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people. Proverbs 14:34 KJV

Righteousness exalteth a nation; But sin is a reproach to any people. Proverbs 14:34 ASV

Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin condemns any people. Proverbs 14:34 NIV

and for Supplementation:

God-devotion makes a country strong; God-avoidance leaves people weak. Proverbs 14:34 MSG