Old  January 12th, 2007, 6:38am     #1
positivelift
Senior Master Sweeper

2007 Convention Registration and Information
Hi everyone.

The schedule for the 2007 Hershey Mini Sweepstakes Convention is still being planned. However, we do know that it will be the last weekend of October. (October 26-28)

And, we do know that you'll have a lot of fun.

We wanted to keep a lot of things the same -- as Carol's 2006 experiment turned out to be a smashing success! The registration fee is $100 per person. The location is the same....Holiday Inn at Grantville, PA. And, the registration limit is still the same! We're accepting 250 of the most exciting and energized sweepers!

Registration is NOW OPEN! Please check out the website below to print out the form. And, if you send your registration form and fee by January 29th, you'll be entered to win back your registration fee! (Details on website)

I will be addressing questions on the website, but please keep in mind that we are still in the earliest of the planning stage. I can't wait until October!!!

http://www.hersheyminiconvention.com

Rob

Rob's 2014 wins
  Old  January 12th, 2007, 2:55pm     #2
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

Waaaa Hooooooo!!!
Wow what a nice website Rob! I can't wait for October to get here. We're in and check is on its way!!
  Old  January 13th, 2007, 5:53pm     #3
positivelift
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARAN52
Wow what a nice website Rob! I can't wait for October to get here. We're in and check is on its way!!

Thank you Carol! It will be great to see you again.

Rob's 2014 wins
  Old  January 15th, 2007, 6:50am     #4
positivelift
Senior Master Sweeper

I have posted detailed instructions on how to reserve your hotel room at the Holiday Inn. Our guaranteed rate is $103/night (plus tax).

You can find these instructions at http://www.hersheyminiconvention.com...servations.htm

Rob

Rob's 2014 wins
  Old  January 15th, 2007, 11:29pm     #5
semtaylor
Master Sweeper

Rob...I just want to be sure I am not missing something. I mailed my registration today (to go out tomorrow) and reserved my room for the 2 nights of the convention today.

My questions is...If I want to stay an extra night can I do it with the same link?......I do not think I can do it with the link we have for the special rate..At least I could not figure out how. If this is possible can you tell me how.

I am going to just call them tomorrow to make the reservation (I am sure will be a little bit highter rate) for adding an extra night.

Never been to any sweep convention before. Really looking forward to it.

Susan T
  Old  January 15th, 2007, 11:38pm     #6
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

If Rob doesn't get to you before you call the hotel, just ask them if you can still have the discounted rate for I would assume to be Sunday night's stay.

When I negotiated last year's rates I had the rate applied to Thursday as well as Sunday's room reservations. It was supposed to be set up the same way this year when I told them that we would be coming back to the same hotel this year. I then turned it over to Patty. If you have a problem or Rob or Patty has a problem please let me know so that I can get it straightened out. They promised me the same stuff as last year when we talked.

I will also be talking to them tomorrow for my own reservation to go up on Thursday to see my niece and get settled in.
  Old  January 16th, 2007, 7:11am     #7
positivelift
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtaylor
Rob...I just want to be sure I am not missing something. I mailed my registration today (to go out tomorrow) and reserved my room for the 2 nights of the convention today.

My questions is...If I want to stay an extra night can I do it with the same link?......I do not think I can do it with the link we have for the special rate..At least I could not figure out how. If this is possible can you tell me how.

I am going to just call them tomorrow to make the reservation (I am sure will be a little bit highter rate) for adding an extra night.

Never been to any sweep convention before. Really looking forward to it.
Good question Susan!

According to Holiday Inn, you may stay Sunday night at same rate guaranteed (no problem).

As for Thursday night, they only have 50 rooms available. They will be able to swing the $103 for Thursday night until they reach maybe 30 rooms available.

The best course of action is to make reservations for October 26,27 online and then call Holiday Inn directly at 717-469-0661 to add a night (or two).

I will add your question to the FAQ section of the website in an attempt to help others!

Rob

Rob's 2014 wins
  Old  January 16th, 2007, 10:32am     #8
semtaylor
Master Sweeper

Called the hotel and no problem adding Sunday night at the reduced rate....

Susan T
  Old  January 16th, 2007, 4:41pm     #9
Stephen
Senior Master Sweeper

Can't afford it, and it's too far away.

One of these years I'm going to make it to one, however.
  Old  January 17th, 2007, 5:26pm     #10
sweepergirl70
Senior Sweeper

Question I am so there
But my printer is broke. Can I write the info on a plain piece of paper and mail it to you?
Thanks!

I wrote about my mom, the link is on http://www.abazias.com/contests/ and hit View Contestants, she is the first on Susan Bogush.

I have never asked for any votes, but I have voted. Even if you don't vote, please read this story if you have a minute, I would really love it people would know just how great my mom is. The Story is under Susan Bogush. I believe it is now on page 1

Thanks,
Susan
  Old  January 17th, 2007, 7:03pm     #11
positivelift
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweepergirl70
But my printer is broke. Can I write the info on a plain piece of paper and mail it to you?
Thanks!
Contact me at hmcrob@gmail.com with your mailing address and I will mail you the registration form free of charge

Rob's 2014 wins
  Old  January 19th, 2007, 2:13pm     #12
positivelift
Senior Master Sweeper

I added a form for spouses, friends, and S.O.'s to attend the banquet only.

http://www.hersheyminiconvention.com...nformation.htm

Rob's 2014 wins
  Old  March 4th, 2007, 7:08pm     #13
biggggal
Junior Sweeper

Hi All!!! I'm new here... and have a question
Hi there everyone! I'm new to Online-Sweeps and came across this posting. Hershey is only about a 3 hour drive from me, so I was curious as to what the mini convention is??? I looked on the main page, but it doesn't really describe what it's all about.

Can anyone shed some light for me? It would be greatly appreciated!

Peace!

BiggggAl
  Old  March 5th, 2007, 6:12am     #14
positivelift
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggggal
Hi there everyone! I'm new to Online-Sweeps and came across this posting. Hershey is only about a 3 hour drive from me, so I was curious as to what the mini convention is??? I looked on the main page, but it doesn't really describe what it's all about.

Can anyone shed some light for me? It would be greatly appreciated!

Peace!

BiggggAl
Hey BigggAl,

Sorry about the confusion. It's a weekend full of fun! We're going to have giveaways (very nice prizes) all weekend! There will be informative speakers who will talk about sweepstaking. We're going to have vendors there selling everything sweep-related. Saturday evening we will have a special banquet with awesome food and even more prizes! Best of all, you'll meet a lot of cool people who have won some awesome prizes. You'll make some friends and have a great time.

Registration is only $100 for the entire weekend. This includes Saturday lunch and dinner, entries into all drawings, entertainment, and access to all events-- including speakers.

If you have any additional questions, please contact me directly via email. HMCRob@gmail.com

Thanks!
Rob

Rob's 2014 wins
  Old  March 8th, 2007, 11:21pm     #15
biggggal
Junior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivelift
Hey BigggAl,

Sorry about the confusion. It's a weekend full of fun! We're going to have giveaways (very nice prizes) all weekend! There will be informative speakers who will talk about sweepstaking. We're going to have vendors there selling everything sweep-related. Saturday evening we will have a special banquet with awesome food and even more prizes! Best of all, you'll meet a lot of cool people who have won some awesome prizes. You'll make some friends and have a great time.

Registration is only $100 for the entire weekend. This includes Saturday lunch and dinner, entries into all drawings, entertainment, and access to all events-- including speakers.

If you have any additional questions, please contact me directly via email. HMCRob@gmail.com

Thanks!
Rob
Thanks for the info Rob!!! Gonna check my calendar and see if I'll be able to make it down there.... sounds like lots of fun

Peace!

Al