Old  February 1st, 2006, 3:46pm     #46
kelpy14
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesslag
Ok guys I am having a crisis. Last week DH and I had sex. We used a condom when we were done it was nowhere to be found. I think I was ovualting at that time...(you know the whole cervical mucous thing) anyhow Bruno will be 8 weeks next thursday. I still didn't get my period yet and I am not breastfeeding. When did you guys get yours after giving birth? Also it has been only one week exactly since the incident how soon if I were pregnant would I get symptoms? My boobs don't hurt or anything and I am already tired. I don't feel sick at all but I did have heartburn yesterday and the ONLY time I ever get it is when I am pregnant. I am freaking out. Also, if I took a pregnancy test is it too early to tell??? Thanks guys.
I don't know either. Maybe you could call your doctor and ask??? All I have to say is YIKES and Good Luck! We had friends who did not wait the recommended 6 weeks before having sex. She was pregnant already when she returned to work from maternity leave. If her second would have been born 1 month earlier, their kids would have been in the same class at school.

With hurricanes, tornados, fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, "Are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?" ---Jay Leno
  Old  February 1st, 2006, 3:53pm     #47
kelpy14
Master Sweeper

Here is my baby at six weeks. He is still pretty small, but growing like a weed! I am in the process of having someone get me a new signature but thought I would post the pic anyway.

With hurricanes, tornados, fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, "Are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?" ---Jay Leno
  Old  February 1st, 2006, 4:36pm     #48
jesslag
Grand Master Sweeper

He is such a cutie!!! Great to hear he is doing so well.

Even the smallest envelope is heavy for an elf.
  Old  February 1st, 2006, 4:49pm     #49
LuckyBlueShoe
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Ok guys I am having a crisis. Last week DH and I had sex. We used a condom when we were done it was nowhere to be found. I think I was ovualting at that time...(you know the whole cervical mucous thing) anyhow Bruno will be 8 weeks next thursday. I still didn't get my period yet and I am not breastfeeding. When did you guys get yours after giving birth? Also it has been only one week exactly since the incident how soon if I were pregnant would I get symptoms? My boobs don't hurt or anything and I am already tired. I don't feel sick at all but I did have heartburn yesterday and the ONLY time I ever get it is when I am pregnant. I am freaking out. Also, if I took a pregnancy test is it too early to tell??? Thanks guys.

That's a tough one to answer. I don't remember when I got a period after the girls because I breastfed both. I was breast feeding a 10 month #1 and we were using the pull out method (not a very good one to use) when I got preggers with #2. I just thought I was sick and stressed from work & planning my wedding. To this day we still call her mystery baby because we don't recall doing it.

If you think you ovulated last week it's too early for a pregnancy test to catch.

Try to relax and not stress.

Thank you to all the voters
  Old  February 1st, 2006, 5:27pm     #50
boydbr
Master Sweeper

Quote:

Sorry about the condom MIA. I don't think that pregnancy will show up on a test until four weeks or so like usual. I think that symptoms can show up as soon as conception happens, it all depends on the person. Good Luck!
  Old  February 1st, 2006, 5:44pm     #51
boydbr
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleekarmin
Here is my baby at six weeks. He is still pretty small, but growing like a weed! I am in the process of having someone get me a new signature but thought I would post the pic anyway.
He sure is cute and looks healthy! How much does he weight?
  Old  February 1st, 2006, 10:23pm     #52
kelpy14
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbeck
To this day we still call her mystery baby because we don't recall doing it.
That is hilarious! We still wonder how we got pregnant with Kaden. Right around the time I was ovulating, I had bronchitis for over a week. Somehow we still got pregnant and we know that we didn't have sex while I was sick because hubby didn't want to get sick. We just figured that we would have to wait another month before becoming pregnant.

Old  February 1st, 2006, 10:24pm     #53
kelpy14
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by boydbr
He sure is cute and looks healthy! How much does he weight?
I am not sure. I have my 6 week follow up tomorrow and I am going to ask if I can weigh him somewhere in the office tomorrow even though it is my doctor's appointment and not his. I am really curious.

Old  February 2nd, 2006, 12:15am     #54
boydbr
Master Sweeper

Quote:
I am not sure. I have my 6 week follow up tomorrow and I am going to ask if I can weigh him somewhere in the office tomorrow even though it is my doctor's appointment and not his. I am really curious.
That's right, we are on the same schedule. I had my six week check up today. I have a little chunkarooo. She started out at 6#6oz and is a plump 9#10oz. Let us know if you get to weight him.
  Old  February 2nd, 2006, 5:02am     #55
kelpy14
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by boydbr
That's right, we are on the same schedule. I had my six week check up today. I have a little chunkarooo. She started out at 6#6oz and is a plump 9#10oz. Let us know if you get to weight him.
Holy cow! Now I really want to weigh him. He was 6 lbs 9 oz at birth. I was thinking he was maybe around 8 lbs too. Yours is 9 10 already - which makes me really wonder how much he really does weigh. Do you breastfeed or formula feed? Kaden was 3 weeks early which is normally not premature but his lungs weren't fully developed so we were in the hospital for 2 weeks. He never did "latch on" to breastfeeding. I give him 1 1/2 oz of breast milk mixed with 1 1/2 oz of formula at each feeding.

Is yours sleeping at night yet? Mine still wakes up every 3 hours or so to eat. Just wondering when it is normal for them to start sleeping at longer intervals.

Old  February 2nd, 2006, 1:41pm     #56
boydbr
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Holy cow! Now I really want to weigh him. He was 6 lbs 9 oz at birth. I was thinking he was maybe around 8 lbs too. Yours is 9 10 already - which makes me really wonder how much he really does weigh. Do you breastfeed or formula feed? Kaden was 3 weeks early which is normally not premature but his lungs weren't fully developed so we were in the hospital for 2 weeks. He never did "latch on" to breastfeeding. I give him 1 1/2 oz of breast milk mixed with 1 1/2 oz of formula at each feeding.

Is yours sleeping at night yet? Mine still wakes up every 3 hours or so to eat. Just wondering when it is normal for them to start sleeping at longer intervals.
I know, I was shocked even though I could tell that she was getting heavier by the day. My kids have been so different with weight. My first was 5 wks premie and was 3#15oz and that is what I took her home at but I don't think that she weighed 9# till she was 3-4 months old. You wouldn't know it now, she is the same size as all the kids her age. I am breastfeeding little miss chunkiness. All she wanted to do at first when her eyes were open is eat. She is just getting to the point of being content while awake as long as she has a full belly. I am still up a couple times during the night, usually around 1 or 5 give or take. I can't remember when I got longer intervals of sleep with my first but ya wish it would come sooner that later... right?!!!
  Old  February 2nd, 2006, 2:15pm     #57
kelpy14
Master Sweeper

Back from the doctor. Everything is great with me. I asked them to weigh Kaden and he was 9 lbs 7 oz! Holy crap chuncky butt! I thought 8 - 8 1/2! I couldn't believe it.

Kaden goes to sleep around midnight and I am still getting up about 3 and 6. He is usually wide awake from about 9 until midnight so there is no going to sleep. We have started a routine. My hubby is a night owl so I go to bed around 10 and he stays up with him. I then do the night feedings. I am going back to work on Feb 13 so if hubby thinks he is going to continue to not get up int he middle of the night, he has another thing coming.

Old  February 2nd, 2006, 4:55pm     #58
boydbr
Master Sweeper

Looks like you have a chunky baby too!!!
Well if you both have to work I would be pushing hubby to do night feedings also. No need for you to be the only one sleep deprived
Good Luck with everything when you go back to work!
  Old  February 5th, 2006, 12:34pm     #59
kdkdkd
Senior Master Sweeper

All right , I need advice ASAP. My 7 1/2 month old has teeth now and he has started to bite during breast feeding. His bottom two teeth are in and he is teething like crazy lately so I think some more are on the way. I take the breast away and try to give him a bottle or sippy cup but he just will not take them, he wants the breast. Last night he bit so hard I started bleeding. How do you get a baby to take a bottle or sippy cup? Anyone else go through this?
  Old  February 5th, 2006, 1:13pm     #60
LuckyBlueShoe
Senior Sweeper

kdkdkd

it works best if the bottle or cup comes from someone else the first couple of times. My girls wouldn't take a bottle from me but they'd take one from my husband. Other than that you'll just have to deal with the crying until he's hungry enough to take a bottle/cup from you.

teething may be the main reason for biting so maybe you could try giving him something to soothe his mouth before feeding.

Thank you to all the voters