Old  December 24th, 2005, 8:14pm     #16
LuckyBlueShoe
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesslag
My son will be 2 weeks old on Friday. Tonight his belly button thingie was bleeding a little bit, it is not close to falling off and there wasn't a lot of blood but still it concerned me. I think that the diaper was jsut irritating it, but did this happen with anyone elses kids? I can't remember if it happened with my first 2 kids.

I used belly bands for my girls so diapers and clothes wouldn't rub on the stump.

Thank you to all the voters
  Old  December 25th, 2005, 12:31am     #17
jesslag
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbeck
I used belly bands for my girls so diapers and clothes wouldn't rub on the stump.
What are belly bands? Like band aids?
  Old  December 25th, 2005, 8:45pm     #18
LuckyBlueShoe
Senior Sweeper

it's basically a wide stripe of soft cloth that goes around the waist and protects the belly button

http://us.st11.yimg.com/store1.yimg....1873_125959873

you can find them at dollar stores too

Thank you to all the voters
  Old  December 26th, 2005, 8:56pm     #19
cakegirl79
Master Sweeper

How were all the Babies' first Christmas?? We had fun and even though he has no idea what's going on it's still fun. We got him a Baby Genius DVD and CD with Lullabies on it, a little vibrating dog toy to hang on his car seat, and a cute little stuffed turtle that when you squeeze it's toe it giggles. From the baby we are getting decent amounts of sleep!! The best gift ever, he goes down around 9:30 and wakes between 5 & 7 but usually close to 6, then he goes back to sleep for 2-3 hours. He is such a great baby and he brings us so much joy!! Here is a pic of him on Christmas.

Last edited by cakegirl79; March 11th, 2007 at 4:06pm.

Old  December 26th, 2005, 10:35pm     #20
MidnightMoon
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakegirl79
How were all the Babies' first Christmas?? We had fun and even though he has no idea what's going on it's still fun. We got him a Baby Genius DVD and CD with Lullabies on it, a little vibrating dog toy to hang on his car seat, and a cute little stuffed turtle that when you squeeze it's toe it giggles. From the baby we are getting decent amounts of sleep!! The best gift ever, he goes down around 9:30 and wakes between 5 & 7 but usually close to 6, then he goes back to sleep for 2-3 hours. He is such a great baby and he brings us so much joy!! Here is a pic of him on Christmas.

OMG! Faith wore that same outfit yesterday! She's a really good baby too. I put her to bed between 9:30-10pm and she gets up between 5:30-7am. We got her some activity keys, my first winnie the pooh, some baby einstien toy that counts between 1-10 and says abc's, and a kick and whirl carnival. She has only opened 1 gift so far. We are waiting for daddy to get home to open the rest.

Your little boy is so cute

Old  December 27th, 2005, 12:41am     #21
jesslag
Grand Master Sweeper

OMG my son wore the same outfit yesterday too!!! As soon as I figure out how to put some pics on here I will lol. He slept all through Christmas, but hey he is only 2 weeks old. Santa brought him an Ocean WOnders bouncer seat. He likes the vibrations.
  Old  December 27th, 2005, 1:18am     #22
jesslag
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3
Our youngest was 5 wks old today (Monday). His 1 month checkup is Thursday. He's eating like a horse (like daddy and his 2 older brothers) and is smiling a lot.

He had some bleeding from his umbilical stump as well. It happened right before his 2 wk check, so we asked the doc about it (we didn't have this with our 1st two boys). She said it was just bleeding a bit because it was starting to come off a little too soon. She put some more of that blue dye stuff on it to dry it more.

But I don't think it's anything to worry about unless there's a lot of blood.

My middle baby is 17 months and he is a dare devil! Caught him trying to ride his rocking horse standing up. Yikes!

And my oldest "baby" is 5. Can't believe how fast he is growing! I remember sitting and rocking him like it was yesterday.
OUr experiences sound very similar. I have an almost 4 year old and an 18 month old. Both boys. I am outnumbered as are you!! Hopefully we can help to keep each other sane with all of the testtosterone floating around our houses!!
  Old  December 28th, 2005, 12:21am     #23
skpaw
Grand Master Sweeper

Do you need a signature?
I like seeing all the photos of your babies. If you want a signature made with a photo of your new baby, send me a PM and I will try to help you.

Old  January 1st, 2006, 1:17am     #24
jesslag
Grand Master Sweeper

So, I think the baby has thrush... How is everyones else's little ones doing? Skpaw I would love to take you up on the siggy offer, if only I could figure out how to post a picture on here lol
  Old  January 1st, 2006, 12:54pm     #25
skpaw
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesslag
So, I think the baby has thrush... How is everyones else's little ones doing? Skpaw I would love to take you up on the siggy offer, if only I could figure out how to post a picture on here lol
I hope the thrush is over soon. You don't need a fussy baby.

You could start with a digital or scanned photo. Once you have one, set up an account at www.photobucket.com and upload a picture there. Send me the link in a PM and let me know what you would like (colors, information etc.) Another free photo service is www.imageshack.com You could upload your picture there and send me a link and a PM. I would love to see your little guy. I know you have the hospital picture, but I bet he has changed since then.

Old  January 5th, 2006, 1:15pm     #26
cakegirl79
Master Sweeper

Here is a pic I took of David on New Years Day

Last edited by cakegirl79; March 11th, 2007 at 4:06pm.

Old  January 5th, 2006, 6:12pm     #27
mommamia
Senior Master Sweeper

cakegirl he is gorgeous! You should be so proud.
  Old  January 6th, 2006, 12:00pm     #28
MidnightMoon
Master Sweeper

My Faith has her 4 month check up on the 23rd. She's growing up to fast!

Old  January 6th, 2006, 3:03pm     #29
MidnightMoon
Master Sweeper

Here's a picture I took of Faith today
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IM000107.JPG (64.3 KB, 19 views)

Old  January 6th, 2006, 3:34pm     #30
jesslag
Grand Master Sweeper

Ok, so the thrush is gone and now had to take him to the doc this morning and Bruno has acid reflux. This was the 5 th night of him being up from 10 pm to 6 30 am. He is just miserable. so now I have to put some rice cereal in his bottles and see if that works. Hopefully it will but if it doesn't there are medicines to help. I just wish he wasnt so miserable and can get a little sleep. Yes sleep would be nice, thank goodness my other kids sleep till 11 30 usually so i get a few hours, but I wish that my mil or mom would take my other kids for a day so I can sleep when the baby naps.My other kids were such good sleepers, but in my case every kid has their own thing baby #1 cross eyed, #2 allergic to a bunch of stuff and has severe eczema and this one has acid reflux.... hope everything is going great for everyone else!