Old  November 23rd, 2005, 12:10pm     #1
MidnightMoon
Master Sweeper

Baby Support Thread
I thought I'd start this new thread for those of us who already have had our babies and want to share what they are doing or just need to vent or whatever.

Faith had her 2 month appiontment today. She weighs 15 lbs 6oz and is 24 1/2 inches long. Poor thing had 3 shots! She did real well tho. She only cried for about 1 minute. When she's on her tummy, she can already hold herself up with her arms. She smiles and talks to everything!

How are everyone elses babies?

Old  November 23rd, 2005, 4:54pm     #2
jesslag
Grand Master Sweeper

Glad to hear that you baby is doing so well!! Great idea for a thread!!

Even the smallest envelope is heavy for an elf.
  Old  November 23rd, 2005, 7:58pm     #3
bearbaby_26
Senior Master Sweeper

My little guy is 14 weeks now. He was born with a broken clavicle and nerve damage to his right arm (caused by an extremely rough birth). He wasn't able to move his arm at all until recently. We started on physical therapy with him about a month ago. He's doing great! He now can move that arm and lift it himself for short periods. The therapist is convinced that he will have a full recovery. So we have lots to be thankful for this Thanksgiving!
  Old  November 23rd, 2005, 11:05pm     #4
VSLibby
Master Sweeper

Is my baby still a baby?
Maria is thirteen months old, but on Thursday I took her for the first vaccinations she has had to have since she arrived home in April. She was MAD. I didn't tell her that we have to go back in four weeks for the other half of her flu shot.

Faith is a big girl! Maria weighed 22 lbs. at her appointment. She was SO tiny when she was born, and now she is in the 50th percentile for American children (which is pretty big for a Guatemalan girl).

Valerie

Valerie
  Old  November 24th, 2005, 3:28am     #5
Janir
Grand Master Sweeper

Lucky you all having a baby, enjoy, it doesn't last long! Kiss those chubby faces for Janir!

Old  November 24th, 2005, 2:03pm     #6
MidnightMoon
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSLibby
Maria is thirteen months old, but on Thursday I took her for the first vaccinations she has had to have since she arrived home in April. She was MAD. I didn't tell her that we have to go back in four weeks for the other half of her flu shot.

Faith is a big girl! Maria weighed 22 lbs. at her appointment. She was SO tiny when she was born, and now she is in the 50th percentile for American children (which is pretty big for a Guatemalan girl).

Valerie
Faith was 10 1/2 pounds at birth. I had the gestational diabetes with her. She's in the 95th percential in hight and weight. She's a loooooooooooong baby.

Old  November 26th, 2005, 2:54pm     #7
Faulkner99
Grand Master Sweeper

Thanks for this thread. That's great abou Faith holding her head up! Very impressive.

Baby did well at his last checkup - 27 inches and 20 lbs 15 ounces at 8 months. He has a visit scheduled for Tuesday at the doc. He's such a great kid, so easy to take care of and love.

Microlend! www.kiva.org
  Old  December 11th, 2005, 4:13pm     #8
MidnightMoon
Master Sweeper

How are everyones babies? I can't believe Faith is almost 3 months! She's already cut her first tooth! The corner of her tooth is sticking out of her gum. She's so much fun now. We play and she laughs and smiles at everything. I gave her some apple juice today and she looked at me like "what the hell is this?" She loved it tho! I can't wait for my husband to get home and see how big she has gotten. Not much longer now!

Old  December 13th, 2005, 11:25pm     #9
jesslag
Grand Master Sweeper

Hi all you moms. I have graduated now!! Yippee! Bruno is nuts. That is about all I can say.
He sleeps allllllll day only waking up to eat then once it hits 2 am on the dot he wakes up and stares at me until about 6:30...I need some sleep lol!
  Old  December 14th, 2005, 12:06am     #10
mommamia
Senior Master Sweeper

sending all the new baby parents good vibes!

My youngest baby is 2 years old now and giving me new trouble sometimes (argh on the tree ornaments), and I still sleeps with me half the time, but I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. They each had their own cute little words or phrases that are so adorable. First smiles and 'i love you mommy' words are out of this world... great.

potty training him is the next milestone I think.

Hugs to all !
  Old  December 15th, 2005, 9:29pm     #11
MidnightMoon
Master Sweeper

Here's a picture I took of Faith tonight

Old  December 16th, 2005, 12:51am     #12
jesslag
Grand Master Sweeper

What a cute picture Midnight Moon she is adorable.
  Old  December 19th, 2005, 1:30pm     #13
cakegirl79
Master Sweeper

I didn't know this thread existed!! So glad it does! Today David is 2 months old!!! Supposed to have an appt this morning but Dr had an emergency so we changed it to next week that way in case the shots bother him it won't be over Christmas! He is smiling and cooing like a maniac!! The last few days I've been just letting him decide when he wants to nurse & nap etc instead of trying to keep him on a schedule and he has done better at night!!! WOOHOO!! We have had 4 nights now where he doesn't wake up until 5 or 6, instead of 3 or 4, he goes to bed about 9:30 after 9:00 feeding. I better run DS #1 is hungry!!

Old  December 20th, 2005, 10:40pm     #14
jesslag
Grand Master Sweeper

My son will be 2 weeks old on Friday. Tonight his belly button thingie was bleeding a little bit, it is not close to falling off and there wasn't a lot of blood but still it concerned me. I think that the diaper was jsut irritating it, but did this happen with anyone elses kids? I can't remember if it happened with my first 2 kids.
  Old  December 21st, 2005, 5:49pm     #15
MidnightMoon
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesslag
My son will be 2 weeks old on Friday. Tonight his belly button thingie was bleeding a little bit, it is not close to falling off and there wasn't a lot of blood but still it concerned me. I think that the diaper was jsut irritating it, but did this happen with anyone elses kids? I can't remember if it happened with my first 2 kids.
Faith's did that. I would notice it on her clothes or diaper. Just keep putting the alcohol on it and it should get better.