Old  October 7th, 2005, 2:45pm     #61
Lavish304
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakegirl79

Lavish & Twopyrz - hope you two are feeling less sick!!
Thank you very much!!!

Here's to hoping you feel better too!!!
  Old  October 7th, 2005, 5:00pm     #62
kelpy14
Master Sweeper

I am feeling pretty good here in my last week of second trimester. I have started getting more swelling in my hands and feet, which I brought up to the doctor last week at my appointment. She said that it is entirely normal especially since I do a lot of typing for work. She advised that I can look forward to (ha ha) more swelling and probably pain in my wrists as the pregnancy coudl very well bring on carpal tunnel. I will be doing my gestational diabetes test on Nov 1. After that I will start going to the doctor every 2 weeks.

My hips are also hurting alot. I have always had hip issues and knew that when I did get pregnant it would be an issue. My chiro is helping me in this area and I also have to do stretches every day.

With hurricanes, tornados, fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, "Are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?" ---Jay Leno
  Old  October 7th, 2005, 5:28pm     #63
cakegirl79
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleekarmin
I am feeling pretty good here in my last week of second trimester. I have started getting more swelling in my hands and feet, which I brought up to the doctor last week at my appointment. She said that it is entirely normal especially since I do a lot of typing for work. She advised that I can look forward to (ha ha) more swelling and probably pain in my wrists as the pregnancy coudl very well bring on carpal tunnel. I will be doing my gestational diabetes test on Nov 1. After that I will start going to the doctor every 2 weeks.

My hips are also hurting alot. I have always had hip issues and knew that when I did get pregnant it would be an issue. My chiro is helping me in this area and I also have to do stretches every day.

I ended up with carpal tunnel this time, ick!! I sure hope you don't! As for the hips - mine have hurt too, constantly now that he has dropped!! I wish I had better news for you but the best news is that at the end you have a beautiful little person to love & cherish forever so it is totally worth it!!!!

Old  October 7th, 2005, 10:11pm     #64
jesslag
Grand Master Sweeper

Ihve been having the hip problems too and the other mornign I couldn't walk at all. I have to use a cane to get around my house now lol. But it will all be worth it in the end. I am glad everyone is doing well.

Even the smallest envelope is heavy for an elf.
  Old  October 10th, 2005, 2:01am     #65
Lavish304
Senior Master Sweeper

Does anyone have any good cures for leg cramps???
More at night than any other time of the day!!!

THANKS!!!

&

HAPPY TURKEY DAY!!!
  Old  October 10th, 2005, 9:20am     #66
MidnightMoon
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavish304
Does anyone have any good cures for leg cramps???
More at night than any other time of the day!!!

THANKS!!!

&

HAPPY TURKEY DAY!!!
Try taking a warm bath before you go to bed. That worked for me sometimes.

Old  October 10th, 2005, 1:43pm     #67
cakegirl79
Master Sweeper

The leg cramps - ick!! If you stretch your toes out and then flex them back it will help relieve the cramps, sometimes eating more potassium will help too, like bananas.

I hope everyone had a good weekend, I made hubby help around the house and get stuff ready. My folks are going to come down on Thursday and my dad will be here a week but mom is staying almost 3 to help out!! I am looking forward to it b/c I will be less stressed! DS is looking forward to it b/c Grammy & papa spoil him rotten!!! Have a great day!!

Oh and Happy Thanksgiving Lavish!! My SIL is Canadian and she usually reminds me about the Canadian holidays!!!

Old  October 10th, 2005, 10:48pm     #68
secular
Grand Master Sweeper

This is a great thread, just stumbled upon it. I hope all is well with everyone here. Leg cramps- I had them for nearly 2 weeks straight. HIGH potassium foods like bananas and potatoes (OJ if you don't have heartburn, yeah right like any of us do not!) and as for the hip pain I have been getting it for about 2 weeks now. I found this good article about sciatica and posterior pelvic pain which might be what most of of who do not have slipped disks or genetic hip problems have. I was taking the stairs at work to get more exercise but this article says it may make the pain worse. Heat and stretching help for me. http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/pre...alth/9402.html
I'll be in for my checkup this Thursday and see what the doc thinks.
Good luck to all!!!
  Old  October 11th, 2005, 10:17am     #69
MidnightMoon
Master Sweeper

We need a thread for post pardum depression.

Old  October 12th, 2005, 9:01am     #70
TWOPYRZ
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightMoon
We need a thread for post pardum depression.
You are right, we do! How are you doing today? Here is a *hug* for you... PM me if you want to chat/rant/vent/brag/anything!
  Old  October 12th, 2005, 10:45am     #71
MidnightMoon
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOPYRZ
You are right, we do! How are you doing today? Here is a *hug* for you... PM me if you want to chat/rant/vent/brag/anything!
Thanks. I'm runnin on 4 hours of sleep here. Just been a little depressed with my husband being gone

Old  October 12th, 2005, 10:47am     #72
kelpy14
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Thanks. I'm runnin on 4 hours of sleep here. Just been a little depressed with my husband being gone
Wow - a new baby and your hubby is in Iraq. I can't imagine what you are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your new baby and your hubby overseas.

With hurricanes, tornados, fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, "Are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?" ---Jay Leno
  Old  October 12th, 2005, 10:50am     #73
MidnightMoon
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleekarmin
Wow - a new baby and your hubby is in Iraq. I can't imagine what you are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your new baby and your hubby overseas.
He got to be here for her birth tho. It was doctor ordered that he be here for my recovery also but his unit wouldn't let him.

Old  October 12th, 2005, 10:54am     #74
kelpy14
Master Sweeper

Quote:
He got to be here for her birth tho. It was doctor ordered that he be here for my recovery also but his unit wouldn't let him.
Sorry to hear he couldn't be there to help with the recovery. At least he was here for the birth - I have heard of many others that didn't have that opportunity. Good luck to you! Do you know approx when he will be home for good?

Hey - just remembered that today is the first day of my third trimester!

Old  October 13th, 2005, 10:55am     #75
cakegirl79
Master Sweeper

MM - I can't imagine recovering from birth and taking care of two other kiddos all by myself, you are obviously a strong woman!! Make sure to get help with the PPD if you feel you need it!!

Well my folks get here today and they only get to stay for a week, which is a bummer b/c mom was going to stay til Nov 1 but she just found out she has cancer in her uterus and has to have a hysterectomy on the 26th. We just found out this week and so it's been a tough week for all of us but we're going to do our best to have a good time while they're here. It will probably be harder on my 5 yo DS b/c he was really looking forward to his time with Grammy (My folks took care of him for the first 3 1/2 years when I was a single mom so they have a really strong bond). So baby HAS to come this weekend so they can see him!!! I have faith that it will happen but it still makes me a little nervous!!

I hope you all have a great weekend, I'll try to check in once in a while!!