Old  September 29th, 2005, 12:31pm     #46
MidnightMoon
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakegirl79
Lavish - my doula (who is trained in massage) used that spot right below my ankles last night, but do you think baby wanted to cooperate? NO, he thought it was play time!

Ugh, I'm trying really hard not to stress over it but when ALL my help will be gone next weekend it's a little hard!! I think I'm going to call my midwife today and tell her the situation and see what she thinks. I am so ready to have him out, I have become an evil cranky woman and I can barely deal with myself, I feel sorry for my poor 5 yo DS.

I couldn't wait to get Faith out and now I miss having her in my tummy. He will come out soon enough tho
  Old  September 29th, 2005, 2:40pm     #47
Lavish304
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Lavish - my doula (who is trained in massage) used that spot right below my ankles last night, but do you think baby wanted to cooperate? NO, he thought it was play time!

Ugh, I'm trying really hard not to stress over it but when ALL my help will be gone next weekend it's a little hard!! I think I'm going to call my midwife today and tell her the situation and see what she thinks. I am so ready to have him out, I have become an evil cranky woman and I can barely deal with myself, I feel sorry for my poor 5 yo DS.

Good to know that it IS ok, but sorry that the little guy would not cooperate with you!!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU!!!
  Old  September 30th, 2005, 11:08am     #48
kelpy14
Master Sweeper

This week I have had to bring my wedding ring in to be resized (I just couldn't stand NOT wearing it for the next 4-5 months), I had to buy a new pair of black boots because my ones from last year are too small, AND I had to buy a new winter jacket to go around my growing belly! Guess I "popped" a little bit over the past few weeks.

I have my monthly doctor appointment today. My friend (who is due 4 days before me) said that last week they tested her for gestational diabetes. Not sure if I will have the test done today or not. It seems early compared to some of my other friends who are pregnant. I am not sure if I will start going every 2 weeks now or not. Always look forward to my doctor's visits though!

With hurricanes, tornados, fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, "Are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?" ---Jay Leno
  Old  September 30th, 2005, 11:40am     #49
cakegirl79
Master Sweeper

kellee - the GD test is usually done around 26 weeks. As for going every 2 weeks, that usually doesn't start til about 34 weeks or so then every week starting at 37 weeks. Hope your appt goes well!!!

Old  September 30th, 2005, 12:24pm     #50
kelpy14
Master Sweeper

Quote:
kellee - the GD test is usually done around 26 weeks. As for going every 2 weeks, that usually doesn't start til about 34 weeks or so then every week starting at 37 weeks. Hope your appt goes well!!!
I have 4 friends that are due before me and all of them started going every other week once they hit 3rd trimester (around 27 weeks). They went every other week until week 35 and then once a week after that. Again, that might vary a little depending on the pregnance and the doctor.

With hurricanes, tornados, fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, "Are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?" ---Jay Leno
  Old  October 4th, 2005, 4:32pm     #51
TWOPYRZ
Senior Master Sweeper

Just checking in to see if there was any news from cakegirl
  Old  October 4th, 2005, 7:43pm     #52
jesslag
Grand Master Sweeper

I guess not. hope she is popping out a kid!!

Even the smallest envelope is heavy for an elf.
  Old  October 4th, 2005, 8:08pm     #53
cakegirl79
Master Sweeper

Well, baby apparently likes the cozy warmth I am providing for him!! I am still 2 cm dilated and 80% effaced, and my cervix is somewhat posterior still. But I am ok with this, it looks like he will wait a couple more weeks which is ok b/c my midwife is going out of town on Friday and won't return until the night of the 17th, so I'm hoping he will wait that long!! I am going to try to rest as much as possible now (like you really can with a 5 yr old) and I have some craft projects to keep me busy. Plus my parents will get here next Thursday and that will be better for our DS anyhow, then we know he will be taken care of! So it will all work out no matter what. After deciding not to worry about it and just let it happen my blood pressure was much lower today!! The good news is that I have not gained any weight in 3 weeks and I'm still only 3 lbs over what I started at so that is a blessing for me!! Since I'm "plus sized" to start with it's not a problem b/c baby is still growing!! Hope you all are doing well!!!

Whenever I do go into labor I'll try to remember to post here before we leave!

Old  October 4th, 2005, 10:31pm     #54
kelpy14
Master Sweeper

I just saw that I passed the 100 day mark. 99 days to go!

Good luck cakegirl! If you don't post before you leave, we will understand - get your butt to the hospital!

Old  October 5th, 2005, 11:12am     #55
TWOPYRZ
Senior Master Sweeper

I was just wondering what (if any) pregnancy websites you all go to for pg advice and or forums. I used to belong to one when I was pg with DD but it was more geared towards first time pgs and its just not the same this time around.

Old  October 5th, 2005, 11:15am     #56
TWOPYRZ
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleekarmin
I just saw that I passed the 100 day mark. 99 days to go!

WOO-HOO!!!
  Old  October 5th, 2005, 11:38am     #57
cakegirl79
Master Sweeper

I go to www.babycenter.com they have all kinds of forums, I really enjoy it and I've met some neat gals!!

Old  October 5th, 2005, 12:06pm     #58
melalyssa
Senior Master Sweeper

I just stopped in (no I did NOT drink the water!) to check in on all my prego friends! Glad to see everyone is doing well, good luck Cakegirl, hope to see a "new arrival" thread soon!

Check out my WINS!!
  Old  October 5th, 2005, 2:30pm     #59
MidnightMoon
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOPYRZ
I was just wondering what (if any) pregnancy websites you all go to for pg advice and or forums. I used to belong to one when I was pg with DD but it was more geared towards first time pgs and its just not the same this time around.

You can try americanbaby.com

Old  October 7th, 2005, 1:05pm     #60
cakegirl79
Master Sweeper

Just wanted to see how everyone is doing, it's been a couple of days since we've all checked in!!

I am still very pregnant and getting more miserable by the day!! Blech, I used to feel ok until early afternoon and then I would start hurting all over, but now I wake up hurting all over!!! I think it's harder on your body the 2nd time around, I was not this miserable with DS! Oh well, not that much longer to go!! My folks get here on Thursday so that will at least relieve a little stress (if it doesn't cause more) b/c they will be taking care of Gabe (DS) who they helped raise for the first 3 years. I'm not even going to stress over cleaning the house like I usually do when they come b/c I just don't care at this point!!! Hopefully this baby will wait until the evening of the 17th before he decides to come out so my midwife will be back, if not at least I will still have a midwife for delivery (at the hospital - 80% of the births here are done by midwives at the hospital) At this point I'm not going to be too picky about when he comes but I do want him here by the 19th or my dad won't get to see him since he has to go back to KS to perform a wedding. I'm sure it will all work out, but the waiting is making me crazier!!!

Have a good Friday & weekend all!!!

Lavish & Twopyrz - hope you two are feeling less sick!!