Old  September 26th, 2005, 10:30am     #31
kelpy14
Master Sweeper

Just found this! Midnightmoon had her baby on Friday.

http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/fo...d.php?t=315129

With hurricanes, tornados, fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, "Are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?" ---Jay Leno
  Old  September 26th, 2005, 10:44am     #32
cakegirl79
Master Sweeper

I hope everyone is doing well. I had contractions all day yesterday, thought I might end up in the hospital last night but then they calmed down. Oh well I still have a few things to get done!! I have my Dr appt tomorrow, hopefully there will be good news!!

Old  September 26th, 2005, 12:41pm     #33
Lavish304
Senior Master Sweeper

WOOHOO, Cakegirl!!!

That is great!!!

I am doing OK!!! This have stopped so that must be a good thing. Just going to take it easy for a while, nothing too adventurous{spelling-???}!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
  Old  September 26th, 2005, 12:55pm     #34
kelpy14
Master Sweeper

Glad to hear you are doing better Lavish.

I was shopping all weekend in Minneapolis. Today my legs and hips are killing me Got tons of stuff for the baby though. Clothes, hooded towels, blankets, etc. All things to keep him warm during our freezing winters up here. I also got him a snowsuit for when we take him out of the house. At first the only one I could find that I liked was a Carters one for $65. I found one this weekend at Children's Place for $29.50. I was super happy about that! My hubby keeps saying that we have everything we need and then I start listing things that we don't have yet. I think the only thing that we do have enough of is clothes for his first few months. I think men sometime really have no clue!

We are having the baby shower after the baby is born. In my husband's hometown, this is the norm so everyone can see the baby. Most of our family and friends live 8 hours away so we will be having both baby showers (my mom and sister are throwing one and his mom is throwing another one) after the baby is born. So I won't get a whole lot of gifts before the baby is born so we have to purchase alot of that stuff ourselves. We are just getting the basics and then after the shower we will know what other stuff we still need.

With hurricanes, tornados, fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, "Are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?" ---Jay Leno
  Old  September 26th, 2005, 1:20pm     #35
cakegirl79
Master Sweeper

Lavish - be sure to rest alot!! Glad to hear you are doing better!!!

Kellee - You might think about having one of your showers as a diaper/wipes shower, b/c that is something you will have to have!!! Sounds like you had a great time this weekend!! I love Children's Place - they have the cutest clothes!!!

Old  September 26th, 2005, 2:47pm     #36
kelpy14
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakegirl79
Lavish - be sure to rest alot!! Glad to hear you are doing better!!!

Kellee - You might think about having one of your showers as a diaper/wipes shower, b/c that is something you will have to have!!! Sounds like you had a great time this weekend!! I love Children's Place - they have the cutest clothes!!!
Actually - that is a popular thing for guys to do with their friends. A big group of guys get together at someone's house for poker, football, whatever and every guy brings a thing of diapers. It is called a Diaper Party. It is fun to do for a male co-worker too. We had a meeting at work and all of us were called into the office (we all worked from home). I had everyone bring a thing of diapers and then we all brought some food. He loved it and went home with 12-15 packages of diapers. If you do plan to have one, make sure everyone tapes their receipts to the diapers so they can bring them back and exchange them if they are not the right kind.

Old  September 27th, 2005, 9:55pm     #37
jesslag
Grand Master Sweeper

So, how is everyone feeling today. Things are going great here. I just can't believe how fast it is going.

Even the smallest envelope is heavy for an elf.
  Old  September 27th, 2005, 10:01pm     #38
cakegirl79
Master Sweeper

I'm doing ok, had an appt today, was hoping for more progress but I'm still dilated to a 2 but I am 80% effaced. I aslo found out that my whole support system - my doula, and the 2 families that would take care of my 5 year old - are going to be out of town the weekend of the 7th - 9th not to mention that is when my midwife is gone!! So my doula is going to start massaging me tomorrow and I'm going to do what I can naturally, I was just going to wait and let it go naturally but I would be in big trouble if he came that weekend!!!

I hope you all are doing well and feeling good!!! I am so ready to have this baby, my body is killing me!!!

Old  September 27th, 2005, 10:03pm     #39
jesslag
Grand Master Sweeper

Wow everyone going at once, that would really suck. I bet you will go before that. Get your hubby to help ya out -if you know what I mean....

Even the smallest envelope is heavy for an elf.
  Old  September 27th, 2005, 10:18pm     #40
cakegirl79
Master Sweeper

Oh trust me he is helping out, he got me into this he'll get me out!!!!! Plus he is more than happy to help this time!!

Old  September 27th, 2005, 11:25pm     #41
kelpy14
Master Sweeper

I heard that if you massage your ankles, it is a pressure point that could start contractions. I have a prenatal massage once a month and my massage therapist keeps telling me that she is staying far away from my ankles because it could start contractions. So have your husband do - well, you know - and then have him massage your ankles. Good Luck!!!!

Old  September 28th, 2005, 12:03am     #42
cakegirl79
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleekarmin
I heard that if you massage your ankles, it is a pressure point that could start contractions. I have a prenatal massage once a month and my massage therapist keeps telling me that she is staying far away from my ankles because it could start contractions. So have your husband do - well, you know - and then have him massage your ankles. Good Luck!!!!

My doula is going to come by tomorrow and do massage to start contractions - she is also a close friend of mine so that is handy!! There are spots on your hands and feet that will also help start the contractions. And of course Hubby is going to well you know!!

Old  September 28th, 2005, 12:59pm     #43
Lavish304
Senior Master Sweeper

BECAREFUL LADIES!!!
Ther is a spot in in ankles that when massaged, is not good during any part of pregnancy!!!
I heard this at the health clinic, so I really don't know for sure, just watch yourselves!!!

I have another untrasound this afternoon to tell why I was bleeding last week, so I guess we shall see!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!
  Old  September 29th, 2005, 9:07am     #44
TWOPYRZ
Senior Master Sweeper

Just checking in. I cant believe I am 17 weeks already. I went to docs last week and lost another lb. That is sure to change. I wasnt able to even look at pasta for the first few months. Just this past week and a half I have eaten it 4 times. I cant get enough now. LOL... The carbs will surely help the weight gain. I go on the 19th for another ultrasound. DH doesnt want to find out sex so I think I have to go along with his decision. No way I could find out and not let it slip. We didnt find out with DD and it was a nice surprise.

Cakegirl, it wont be long now!! I am so thrilled for you! I will send you some speedy, pain-free labor wishes. I hope it all works out for you before your support circle leaves!
  Old  September 29th, 2005, 9:34am     #45
cakegirl79
Master Sweeper

Lavish - my doula (who is trained in massage) used that spot right below my ankles last night, but do you think baby wanted to cooperate? NO, he thought it was play time!

Ugh, I'm trying really hard not to stress over it but when ALL my help will be gone next weekend it's a little hard!! I think I'm going to call my midwife today and tell her the situation and see what she thinks. I am so ready to have him out, I have become an evil cranky woman and I can barely deal with myself, I feel sorry for my poor 5 yo DS.