Old  September 18th, 2005, 11:12pm     #1
kelpy14
Master Sweeper

Pregnancy Support Thread
I couldn't find one of these so I thought I would start one since there are tons of us who are pregnant.

How is your pregnancy going? Any complications? Any of us stuck on bed rest?

Just thought it would be neat for us to have a place to chat about our pregnancies!

With hurricanes, tornados, fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, "Are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?" ---Jay Leno
  Old  September 18th, 2005, 11:15pm     #2
kelpy14
Master Sweeper

I'll be first!

Mine is going great now that I am in my second trimester. Three more weeks and I will be in third trimester. I have started nesting and felt today like I could not get my bathtub clean My hubby's only complaint was our very high electric bills this summer because I was constantly hot.

I am having problems with my siatic nerve and maybe some of you have some advice on how to deal with it. Today was a bad day. It seems to come and go in spurts. I was laying in bed watching the Emmy's. I went to get up and could have screamed as the pain shot down into my leg.

With hurricanes, tornados, fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, "Are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?" ---Jay Leno
  Old  September 19th, 2005, 5:54pm     #3
Lavish304
Senior Master Sweeper

Sick, Sick, Sick.......................and O'ya SICK!!!!

I don't want to eat anything, everything tastes gross.
Everything smells gross.

Good luck to everyone else!!!
  Old  September 19th, 2005, 6:44pm     #4
cakegirl79
Master Sweeper

Kellee - I agree with Twopyrz, the body pillow has helped a lot of my pregnancy pain.

Twopyrz - I hope you get to feling better, I hope your appt goes good!!

Lavish - so sorry you are sick, have you tried hot mint tea or hot ginger tea??? Sometimes that helps.

Well I am quite a bit further than you all and I think I may have dropped in the last few days, I have so much pressure down there and everyone is telling me how "HUGE" I am. I have an appt tomorrow, I'm going weekly now I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!! I have actually had a lot of energy the past few days and I'm trying to get as much done as I can!!!

Thanks for starting this thread!!!

Old  September 19th, 2005, 8:15pm     #5
kelpy14
Master Sweeper

There is one thing that I have learned. From this point on, whether I am pregnant or not, I will no longer greet my pregnant friends with "Wow - you are really getting big!" I know I have said this before and after going back to my hometown for a wedding two weeks ago, I will never say this to anyone again. So many people came up to me and commented on my size. I know that it is completely harmless and I know what they meant, but still....

Old  September 19th, 2005, 8:16pm     #6
ciebien
Master Sweeper

Read my other post-Tubal Pregnancy.
  Old  September 19th, 2005, 9:55pm     #7
jesslag
Grand Master Sweeper

Thanks for starting this thread. I think my friends and family are getting sick of me talking babies all the time. I looked at my ticker thingie yesterday and was shocked that it said only 90 days to go. I have sooooooo much to do before then that i wonder if I will get it all done. For the most part I feel great with the exception of my hips killing me when I walk or sit or stand or lay ha ha ha. OH yeah and horrible heartburn, but it all is a small price to pay to be able to bring another life into this world. Hope everyone is doing well.

Even the smallest envelope is heavy for an elf.
  Old  September 19th, 2005, 10:11pm     #8
cakegirl79
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciebien
Read my other post-Tubal Pregnancy.

I just read that and I am so sorry, you & your 7 year old will be in my prayers.

Jesslag - have you tried a birthing ball or exercise ball for relieving the hip pain? My friend lent me hers and it has been a lifesaver, my hips have really hurt most of the time.

Old  September 19th, 2005, 10:17pm     #9
jesslag
Grand Master Sweeper

Birthing ball hmmmmn, I think I will try that. Thanks, can't hurt to try. The other morning I couldn't walk for a hour and had to crawl on my hands and knees, my kids were laughing at me.

Old  September 19th, 2005, 11:56pm     #10
kelpy14
Master Sweeper

The hip pain is really bothering me too. In the mornings and late evenings is when it is the worse. If I sit or stand or walk for long period of time it really hurts. If I lay on my back for any period of time (even a few seconds) and then try to get up, I get this really nice pain shooting down my right leg - siatica. I have an exercise ball and never even thought to use that. I am definately going to try that tomorrow.

Old  September 20th, 2005, 1:11am     #11
arose
Master Sweeper

I am not pregnant, but have lots of lovely pinched nerves.....horrible problems with my hips, and sciatic nerves. I am going to try one of those exercise balls myself, If it doesn't pop and go flat as soon as I get on it,LOL.
Thanks expectant mothers for the pinched nerve advice, and sending to all of you (and my dear friend who is preggers too!) that all goes well!

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier, One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
  Old  September 20th, 2005, 8:46pm     #12
cakegirl79
Master Sweeper

well I hope you all are doing well today!! I had my 36 week appt today and I've dilated to almost 2 already!! PLus it looks like the latest he will arrive is the 5th of October as my midwife is going out of town before then so we will be getting me going & delivered before she leaves. She also suggested lots of walking & intercourse to help thin out the cervix, boy is DH happy to help!!

So for those of you who are thinking 9 months will never get here --- it does!!!!

Old  September 20th, 2005, 10:19pm     #13
jesslag
Grand Master Sweeper

So, how is everyone doing today?? I am all right, I borowed my SIL's exercise ball and it does make me feel much much better. Cakegirl, congrats it wont be tooo much longer 2 cm already wow, nice to know only 8 to go and you had no pain so far. Lucky you.

Old  September 21st, 2005, 9:25am     #14
kelpy14
Master Sweeper

I am feeling pretty good this morning. I took a vow with myself last night that I am going to walk on our treadmill every day for at least 30 minutes. This should not be tough since I primarily work from home. My siatic nerve is acting up this morning and I have to travel locally all day today for a variety of appointments for work. Should be fun getting in and out of the car.

What I am really looking forward to is this weekend. Two pregnant friends and I are going to Minneapolis to shop for the weekend. Mall of America - here I come!!! I love that place. We generally get up there a couple times a year, but I still love it.

Old  September 21st, 2005, 9:36am     #15
cakegirl79
Master Sweeper

The walking is a great idea, you will be thankful in the long run. It really does help to make your labor easier. I'm trying to get myself motivated to walk now of course knowing the more I walk the more I will dilate helps!!

Mall of America sounds fun, I hope you have a wonderful time!!