Old  December 2nd, 2004, 10:45pm     #1
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Referral And Vote Requests Rules
The time has come to implement some rules and guidelines for the Referral and Vote Requests area. They are as follows:

To post a referral or vote request, you must be either 1) a registered member of Online-Sweepstakes.com (OLS) for 90 days with at least 30 posts; or 2) a registered member of OLS for 1 year with at least 1 post. If you don't meet this requirement, you will automatically be redirected to these rules when you attempt to create a new thread in this forum.

2/16/14 - Because this has been a huge problem recently - we will make this a bit more clear:

Until you have been a member for 90 days and have 30 posts you are prohibited from asking for vote requests in any capacity. This includes, but is not limited to, responding to others requests and linking yours, posting the information in your signature or any other thread on OLS. Vote requests are not allowed to be added via the add a sweep function.

To post a referral or vote request link in your signature, you must have been a registered member of OLS for at least 90 days and have made at least 100 posts. If you do not meet these requirements, your signature will be deleted.

ALL REFERRAL/VOTE REQUET THREADS MUST HAVE A SET END DATE!! Please list the contest end date, end time and time zone in the title. Threads with no end date, time and time zone listed in the title or no end date, time listed at all will be deleted

Affiliate and/or referral links are strictly forbidden.

If you continually bump your thread or have others bump it for you, you will lose the privilege of using this forum. Please limit your bumps to once every 24 hours to allow others links to be viewed. Bumping more than once every 24 hours will result in your thread being deleted.

PM spamming is not allowed. Nobody should be PMing OLS members they don't know for referral entries. You can PM your friends (those that you have a personal relatioship with, not those that are just generally on your friends list on OLS), you can post a request in the Referral forum for other members to contact you through a PM, and/or you can make the same kind of request in your signature. We ask that anyone who receives an unsolicited PM, please forward it to a moderator or admin.

Please limit your post to one thread per voting contest. All subsequent threads WILL be removed.

Referral request threads are only allowed in the Referrals Forum or Premium Referrals Forum. Posting referral threads in any other forum on OLS will result in your thread being deleted. This also applies to your posts in other threads, any post that includes a referral request outside of the Referrals and Premium Referrals forums will result in that post being deleted.

Requesting OLS members to "vote down" other contest entrants is not allowed and will result in deletion of your thread.

The moderators and myself reserve the right to remove any post we deem inappropriate or questionable.

If you request votes from others, please extend the same courtesy and vote for others in the forum.

These rules are subject to change at anytime as necessary.

OLS does not allow the postings of the "freeipod", "freetv", etc links to be posted on the site. Any threads about them will be removed without warning.

Vote requests are limited to OLS members and immediate family only (ie: member's spouse/significant other, children and pets are allowed). Vote requests for people outside of member's immediate family will be deleted.

Premium Vote Requests are NOT to be placed in the signature with a link to the contest or the premium forums. If it is not a premium contest, please put in the general forums - not both.

OLS rules still apply to signatures. You may not have a referral/vote request button for Winzy or Blingo or any other referral/vote request in your signature until you have been a member for 90 days and have 100 posts.

The Referral and Vote Request forums are a privilege, not a right, on OLS. Abuse and misuse of the rules set forth in this thread can lead to this privilege being taken away. Lets play by the rules and everyone will benefit!

This forum has helped many members win some wonderful things - I hope everyone will continue to have fun and abide by the guidelines set forth. GOOD LUCK!

KB

Last edited by GTBuzz; February 16th, 2014 at 7:27pm.
  Old  April 27th, 2010, 5:07pm     #2
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Its time for a bump as there are a lot of vote requests in violation of the rules.

Please make sure you bump your post just once in a 24-hour period (this includes replying to your thread thanking people for voting for you). Also, please post the end date in the title of your thread. Finally, you are allowed one vote request per contest. If your vote request is for a premium sweep, please post it in the premium vote request/referrals, if not, please post in this forum.

If your vote request is missing this could be why.

"Once we choose HOPE, EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE" ~ Christopher Reeve
Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.
  Old  May 28th, 2010, 1:32pm     #3
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Please follow the voting unspoken "honor code."

If you say you are voting for someone, please actually vote for them. Don't just say that you are to get your own thread out there. It is near impossible to vote for 20 people in less then one minutes time on here, yet their are individuals that are doing that.

Also, if the vote is a 1x only, please don't go into the thread and say "voted again" just to bump the thread, or again to get your own link out there. If you are bumping the thread for your friends, you are only hurting them.

Thank you.

Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.
  Old  May 31st, 2010, 1:01pm     #4
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Okay everyone, please read the rules of the voting requests forums.

~ If the sweep is a premium sweep or hasn't been validated yet, please post the request in the premium referral area.

~ Please do not post any links to a premium contest in your signature.

~ If the sweep is a listed as a freebie, please post it in the regular referral thread.

~ Please do not post a request in each forum for the same sweep.

~ Please limit bumping your thread to once every 24-hours (if you reply to your own thread before 24 hours has passed since the last time you replied/posted, it is considered bumping).

~ Also, we have a member that is bumping people's threads for them. This is NOT allowed.

The requests have become a free for all as of late and there are a few members that are not following the rules even after they have been pm'd in the past. Any vote request/signature that is in violation of any of the rules will be deleted.

Thank you.

Last edited by Karen_246; July 28th, 2010 at 8:53am.

Old  September 26th, 2010, 2:26pm     #5
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Time for a bumpity bump.

Please limit yourself to bumping your thread once every 24-hours (a reply to your own thread is considered bumping).

Please do not post direct links to premium sweeps in this forum. If you vote for someone in this thread, please put something like "please see my vote request in the premium referral and vote requests" thread.

ALSO, PLEASE DO NOT BUMP SOMEONE ELSE'S THREAD FOR THEM. We have members that are now doing this as well. Bumping for your friends is not allowed.

Thank you for following the vote/referral request rules.

Old  October 10th, 2010, 1:31am     #6
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbsocial View Post
PM spamming is not allowed. Nobody should be PMing OLS members they don't know for referral entries. You can PM your friends (those that you have a personal relatioship with, not those that are just generally on your friends list on OLS), you can post a request in the Referral forum for other members to contact you through a PM, and/or you can make the same kind of request in your signature. We ask that anyone who receives an unsolicited PM, please forward it to a moderator or admin.
Just bumping this as we know this has been a big problem today, thanks to those that forwarded on the PM, we have dealt with it accordingly. PM'ing people is also not a way to get around the rules - they are there for a reason. Happy voting!!
  Old  December 30th, 2010, 3:47pm     #7
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Time for a bump as we have a lot of newbies signing up and immediately asking for votes.

You aren't allowed to request votes until you have been a member for at least 90 days and have 30 posts. This includes piggybacking other vote requests.

Please stick around and enjoy the forums and get to "know" the members and win some nice giveaways.

Old  January 4th, 2011, 8:17pm     #8
GTBuzz
Grand Master Sweeper
Princess Yellow Jacket

Please note the changes to Referral Guidelines effective 1/4/11

Quote:
ALL REFERRAL THREADS MUST HAVE A SET END DATE!! Please list the contest end date, end time and time zone in the title. Threads with no end date, time and time zone listed in the title or no end date, time listed at all will be deleted

"We were meant to live for so much more. Have we lost ourselves?" - Switchfoot
Buzz's Trade List
  Old  October 5th, 2011, 10:53am     #9
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Bump time
A reminder:

You are only ALLOWED TO REQUEST VOTES/REFERRALS if you have been a member of OLS for 90 days and have at least 30 posts, or 1 year.

This includes: starting threads, piggybacking in other people's threads requesting votes or posting it in your signature. It does not matter if you are a premium or non premium member. All requests will be removed that violate that rule.

Thank you.

Old  December 10th, 2011, 2:20pm     #10
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Just a friendly reminder that you are not allowed to ask for votes until you have been a member for 90 days with 30 posts. If you are able to start your own thread in the referral and vote requests then you are good to go, until then, you probably don't have enough time. This includes asking for votes in other people's threads.

Old  February 16th, 2014, 7:03pm     #11
GTBuzz
Grand Master Sweeper
Princess Yellow Jacket

A reminder is in order.

You must be a member for 90 days and have 30 posts (or be a registered member for 1 yr) to post any referral.

Referral requests are not allowed in any forum on OLS except the Referrals Forums.

Vote/referral requests are not allowed to be added via the add a sweep function.

Repeated violations of the OLS rules will result in a ban from the forums.

Buzz's Trade List
  Old  August 8th, 2015, 9:21pm     #12
GTBuzz
Grand Master Sweeper
Princess Yellow Jacket

Time for another reminder of the rules.

You must be a member for 90 days and have 30 posts (or be a registered member for 1 yr) to post any referral (that includes replying to other member's threads asking for votes).

Members are only allowed to bump (reply to) your thread once in a 24-hour period (this includes any reply to your thread like thanking people for voting etc).

All threads must include the end date in the title of your thread.

Members are allowed one vote request per contest. If your vote request is for a premium sweep, you can post one thread in the premium vote request/referrals forum. If it's not premium, you can post one thread in this forum. Do not post the same request in the regular and premium referrals forums that is not allowed.

If your thread is missing, you violated a rule. Please be sure to read the rules before posting.

Buzz's Trade List
  Old  April 2nd, 2017, 11:27pm     #13
GTBuzz
Grand Master Sweeper
Princess Yellow Jacket

Time for another reminder.

You must be a member for 90 days and have 30 posts (or be a registered member for 1 yr) to post any referral.

All referral threads must have a set end date. Please list the contest end date, end time and time zone in the title. Threads with no end date, time and time zone listed in the title or no end date, time listed at all will be deleted.

Referral requests are not allowed in any forum on OLS except the Referrals Forums.

Vote/referral requests are not allowed to be added via the add a sweep function.

If your thread is missing, you violated a rule. Please be sure to read the rules before posting.

Repeated violations of the OLS rules will result in a ban from the forums.

Buzz's Trade List
Closed Thread