FAR Fewer prizes overall
fewer sweeps, and fewer sweeps with lots of prizes

it used to take me about 45 minutes to do my instants - now it's a few minutes
  Old  June 1st, 2017, 7:18am     #18
LuckySkunky
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBookie View Post
A long time ago, probably before 2008, members were switching browsers to avoid the referrer showing. There was a post from someone who had worked for a large company that administers sweepstakes, maybe EPRIZE. His view was that big companies are after name recognition, company loyalty. etc. and they don't care where they find it. The more traffic they got, the happier they were. Which is why so many big companies have daily entry sweeps. Like, I will be buying Nathan's Hot Dogs. It's a great daily with a long duration. I think you should ask Brent what he thinks and if times have changed.
This is why it complete blows my mind when companies have 1x only entries and their sweepstakes goes on for 6 months. I just can't fathom this ! The whole freaking point is to draw traffic to their company and websites. Some geniuses who think of / create these things are morons.

Give Kids the World http://www.gktw.org
  Old  June 1st, 2017, 9:03am     #19
louiseb130
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by highceiling View Post
fewer sweeps, and fewer sweeps with lots of prizes

it used to take me about 45 minutes to do my instants - now it's a few minutes
I agree. Instead of theories that companies are conspiring against sweepers, I think Occam's Razor applies (the simplest explanation is almost always the correct one).
  Old  June 1st, 2017, 10:08am     #20
cindy100
Senior Master Sweeper

Fewer contests = fewer wins for everyone
It seems that the bottom has fallen out of contests, samples, coupons, freebies. Social media has killed it all!

Old  June 1st, 2017, 10:34am     #21
cookiegirl123
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy100 View Post
It seems that the bottom has fallen out of contests, samples, coupons, freebies. Social media has killed it all!
Now that you mention that...... I remember the days when my mailbox would be slam full of free samples. Now, it's rare that I ever receive a free sample in the mail and if you do you have to write a review, post about it on Instagram, take 15 pictures of it, Tweet about it, etc.
  Old  June 1st, 2017, 11:37am     #22
dopey
Grand Master Sweeper

I remember going from freebies to reward programs to surveys and then to sweeping. It was like if one door closed another one opened, but what's really sad is that it doesn't look like another door is opening, at least not on the internet.

I know there are still surveys, but I got to burnt out on those and have no desire to go back.

Still really, really grateful for all that I've received over the years, especially when my kids were younger and I needed it the most.

https://ibotta.com/r/rztlcw
  Old  June 1st, 2017, 12:59pm     #23
bigskwinner
Grand Master Sweeper

I also never use shazaam, instead save the urls to my roboform and let the program do the rest

my wins 2014
MY 2016 wins
MY 2017 wins
you JELLY?
  Old  June 2nd, 2017, 6:23pm     #24
arouet
Grand Master Sweeper

I agree with dopey it's just that more people out there, ones that would have never gone looking for sweeps are being exposed to them, therefore more people entering.

I decided a long time ago that I didn't want to take any chance of being DQ'd so I also have my own stand alone sweep software (Sweepstakes List) so I am not leaving any kind of trail to a sweep site. I hand type all of my entries so roboform or other form fillers aren't an issue and I still rarely win anymore. So while there might be sponsors that will DQ for the above things, I think the real issue is just how many people are entering these days.
  Old  June 3rd, 2017, 1:06am     #25
suelee000
Senior Master Sweeper

It could be fewer sweeps, but more creative presentations
I used to have 450-500 mysweeps. These days, I'm lucky if I break 300. Right now my sweeps are sitting at 247. It will go up in the next few days, but not that much.

There are an awful lot of creative presentations. I've won the Bauer sweeps 3 times in the past few years, but... each win is almost exactly one year apart, so I'm going to quit those until my one year is up and then start entering again. With so many Bauer sweep clutter, I miss other good sweeps. I never put the Bauer sweeps in mysweeps, there were too many of them.

Sue

So many books, so little time.
  Old  June 3rd, 2017, 2:43am     #26
tawnjun
Senior Master Sweeper

I win far more on twitter than here. After I took the plunge and devoted more time to it, it is a breeze. Hardly win anything from OLS anymore. A few small instants here and there. Definitely not anything over $500.00 in a LONG while. But not from twitter either.

I remind myself that this is a HOBBY, because I will lose interest otherwise. Competition has definitely made things harder, the economy as well.
  Old  June 3rd, 2017, 6:42am     #27
allisonvano
Sweeper

Can you share the best way to find the Twitter sweeps?
Thanks!
  Old  June 3rd, 2017, 8:11am     #28
louiseb130
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonvano View Post
Can you share the best way to find the Twitter sweeps?
Thanks!
I belong to this FB group which posts Twitter sweeps every day:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1442788899310414/
  Old  June 3rd, 2017, 9:09am     #29
plazamama
Senior Master Sweeper

I think this started when the bottom fell out of the economy in 2008. 2 kinds of sponsors I was aware of just struggled to stay float; Sweeps sponsors, and NASCAR sponsors. There were probably others that did not affect me, so I wasn't aware. Then after some recovery, I think many looked for other ways to spend their advertising dollars. I remember Pepsi had a really fun racing fantasy game, but they started putting that money into college scholarships instead.
So I think the golden age of sweepstakes has passed.

Also I have read on here that some sponsors and some of the fulfillment companies really do hate us. I don't know if it's still true but when woobox came on the scene, I would read about their animus toward us. Don't know if they still do.

I don't lie about OLS on any site. If that is a specific question on a form, I don't lie.

Hope everybody who reads this enters something good today, and wins!!!

Old  June 3rd, 2017, 2:54pm     #30
gif10
Junior Sweeper

Roboform
Quote:
Originally Posted by elittle2004 View Post
I wonder if a AdBlocker dq's people also? I wonder if sponsors can even tell? I have been on a few sites and a banner will pop up telling me to turn off my adblocker. Maybe using RoboForm or a form filler dq's everyone also...perhaps that is why fewer of us win anymore...that would likely explain it since most users of OLS use RoboForm or some other autofill variant (I do).
I stopped using roboform a long time ago on the assumption that it would dq me. I don't think it has mattered.