Old  September 5th, 2014, 7:26pm     #1
vrl007
Sweeper

What prizes attendees won in orlando!!!
In case you wonder what attendees win at a convention; this year 687 attendees in Orlando netted 1,229 PRIZES!!!!!
I want to post especially for those wondering about attending BOSTON 2015 and what to expect in general at a national convention. Think many prizes and BIG ones at that!!

YOU (687 attendees) Won approx. 1,229 PRIZES!!!!!!!!:

A. 849 prizes: given away almost all FREE from convention, (with your registration) not including Sat banquet raffles and including vendor prizes with many computers, I-pads, cameras and CASH and so much more.

B. Shopper Service Entries /Raffles and prizes won (+ = partial winner):

33,487 postal entries = 66+ winners of 500 post cards EACH !!!!

51,000 post card stamps = 51 winners of 1,000 post card stamps EACH !!!

77,000 First Class Stamps = 77 winners of 1,000 first class FOREVER stamps EACH !!!

$19,618 of Lottery Tickets = 39+ winners of $500 in FL scratch tickets EACH !!!

$22,000 Gift cards = 44 winners of $500 in gift cards EACH !!!

$41,700 in Cash = 83 winners of $500 CASH EACH !!!

$46,800 Raised for the Car Drawing = 2 CARS, that's TWO CARS (cash option of $16,000 taken) plus 14+ winners of $1,000 EACH !!!!
  Old  September 6th, 2014, 5:55pm     #2
gacarol
Senior Master Sweeper

AWESOME indeed! Thanks to our hosts Dan & Mark and all the volunteers for their hard work.

Also want to thank all involved in honoring our service men and women, especially Mr. Ed Nelson. What an inspiring man! We would not enjoy this great hobby were not for these wonderful people who sacrifice so much for our freedom.

Who knew we have so many wonderful veterans and active service members in our hobby!

THANK YOU ALL! It was an amazing tribute!

Winners never quit and quitters never win!
  Old  September 6th, 2014, 6:09pm     #3
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Loved Ed, what a sweet sweet man.

"Once we choose HOPE, EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE" ~ Christopher Reeve
Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.
  Old  September 7th, 2014, 8:54am     #4
vrl007
Sweeper

Yes Ed Nelson is a class act; I am glad to call him my friend. I was overwhelmed by the response sweepers had to him and all our veterans. We did not know how well it would all go over, but I think most attendees would include Ed and the veterans tribute among the highlights of the convention. Thank you both for posting. Ed and his daughters are receiving this feedback as well as other thank yous. We are again so glad arrangements worked out so he could join us.

I wanted to add that of the 6 winners at the twitter party, one was 'at home' and won! Groundbreaking for a convention to try this!
  Old  September 7th, 2014, 9:31am     #5
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Yes, the tribute was awesome. Glad it was received as well as it was and glad that Ed and his daughters were able to join us.

"Once we choose HOPE, EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE" ~ Christopher Reeve
Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.
  Old  September 7th, 2014, 3:31pm     #6
uclafan
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrl007 View Post
Yes Ed Nelson is a class act; I am glad to call him my friend. I was overwhelmed by the response sweepers had to him and all our veterans. We did not know how well it would all go over, but I think most attendees would include Ed and the veterans tribute among the highlights of the convention. Thank you both for posting. Ed and his daughters are receiving this feedback as well as other thank yous. We are again so glad arrangements worked out so he could join us.

I wanted to add that of the 6 winners at the twitter party, one was 'at home' and won! Groundbreaking for a convention to try this!
Indeed Ed Nelson is a class act as you are too vrl007 and would love to see a similar tribute in Boston. Also a possibility would be to have attendees donate the hotel size shampoo, rinse, etc. to Operation Gratitude or a local organization that puts together care packages to send to our military.

See you in 360 days at the Sheraton Downtown Boston.

Please use the link below, help me earn extras swagbucks when naming me as the referral and then search so your "Swag Bucks" will begin adding up too. http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/meuclafan
  Old  September 11th, 2014, 5:36pm     #7
vrl007
Sweeper

Thank you for all these messages! The Nelson family appreciates reading them!