Old  September 4th, 2007, 8:40pm     #31
minera
Senior Master Sweeper

ooohhh just found something super cute! Not gonna tell! This one will be a surprise!

Old  September 4th, 2007, 8:48pm     #32
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Quote:
Originally Posted by minera
ooohhh just found something super cute! Not gonna tell! This one will be a surprise!

Me too! I have 4 super cute things so far (well, once they all get delivered) I can't wait
  Old  September 9th, 2007, 1:02pm     #33
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Three of my fantastic and unique items showed up this weekend They are SO awesome!!!
  Old  September 9th, 2007, 4:20pm     #34
MzAttitude
Master Sweeper

I ordered quite a few things last week, can't wait till they get here. I might have to keep a few for myself.

I'm getting so excited about attending my first convention!!
  Old  September 20th, 2007, 1:56am     #35
smokey4
Master Sweeper

I found the cutest little doll and was waiting it's arrival when the company sent me an email that the canceled my order because they depleted their supply and weren't getting any more because it was a deleted item. Now I'm back to square one. I can't believe how hard of a time I'm having finding unique hershey's items.

Damsel In Defense www.mydamselpro.net/todefendyourself

Doterra essential oils http://www.mydoterra.com/AmandaChapman2
  Old  September 30th, 2007, 6:05pm     #36
gracepap
Grand Master Sweeper

Checked out the Hershey's Times Square store today. Just bought candy for myself but I will be back to shop in a couple of weeks! Woo hoo!

"It's nice to be important...but it's more important to be nice"
  Old  October 1st, 2007, 6:36am     #37
positivelift
Senior Master Sweeper

The bonanza is going to be off the hook! Good job all you shoppers.

Rob's 2014 wins
  Old  October 1st, 2007, 8:55am     #38
CARAN52
Master Sweeper

Glad to hear you are out scavenger hunting!!!
Although with trying to get everything done for the convention I don't get over here to look around too much these days, I am glad to see that a lot of you are actually out there looking and ordering for some interesting and different things for the Bonanza.

The biggest question I am getting from the first-timers is "exactly" what does it have to say on the stuff. I can say "Hershey", "Reese's" "Twizzlers" and any of their other products. It just has to be a "licensed" item by the Hershey Corporation" and that is somewhere on the item by a tag or imprint in small print right on the item. That shows that the Hershey Corporation has allowed the producer of the item to manufacture and sell it.

Remember, there are tons of Hershey sweepstakes out there this year, and to avoid getting 100 or so of those promo T-shirts and baseball caps, anything won like that and submitted to the Bonanza will be "devalued" quite a bit. A good example is a baseball cap "won" will only be worth $3, but a baseball cap purchased at the store with tag on will be worth whatever the tag or receipt says. T-shirts will be only worth $5 (we are already aware of all of those Reese's Carmel T-shirts), but a store purchases T-shirt will be worth it's receipt value or tag value.

I hope that made sense. Here's the long and short of it all. You will be taking chances on winning a basket of the Herhsey items brought in. The reason we are stressing that you look for different types of items is because all that is brought in goes back out. If 200 people all bring the 2 or 3 T-shirts and baseball caps that the family has won and don't do the legwork to find different things, guess what you will be winning back??? Yup, a basket full of those same t-shirts and baseball caps. Maybe if you have a youth baseball team or soccer team that would be fine, but I don't think that's what you want.

The Hershey Bonanza was a brain storm I came up with last year as a way to collect some items for the winner to take home as souveniers for thier family instead of them having to go out and purchase anything. I thought we'd have about 5 baskets of stuff at the most. Not only did the 5 small laundry baskets get full, but my 12 collapsing hampers that I had to transport the regular prizes were confiscated and filled, and then about 5 or 6 of those plastic grocery baskets were confiscated to handle the rest of the prizes. I believe I had the numbers right, there were definately a lot of different items brought in.

One other thing: MAKE SURE IT IS NOT USED OR OPENED!!! I have reports that a couple of used coffee cups and wearing apparel got through in the mass of collectiing the items. Duh!! We will be having more folks at the check-in table this year and each and every item will be checked and rejected if used. Why stand in line to donate and be rejected in front of everyone. Just don't do it!! It's not worth it. Let's all have a good time with this and from the sounds of it, looks like some really nice prizes going to be brought in...wouldn't want to see anyone miss out...the committee's decision will be final in all collected items.
  Old  October 3rd, 2007, 2:56pm     #39
gracepap
Grand Master Sweeper

Just came from the Hershey Times Square store. Purchased some very nice items that say Hershey's Times Square on them. Can't wait!!!

"It's nice to be important...but it's more important to be nice"