Quote:
Originally Posted by alansax View Post
Sweepstakes List

I use Sweep! love it

MyWins
  Old  September 11th, 2017, 11:10pm     #47
jas11563
Master Sweeper

I also think that companies (other than cigarette companies) are not offering the prizes they use to offer.
I remember Christmas' with Nabisco and M&M and others where there were so many great prizes offered... now it is sad to compare the "BIG" holiday sweeps with those of just a few years ago.
I think the TV Shows with the sweep people winning hurt those of us who sweep, just like the Extreme couponers hurt those who use coupons.

I just stay thankful for the little bit I win (often with some help from my OLS friends), and keep dreaming of winning a big one again!
  Old  September 12th, 2017, 11:00am     #48
lbz1947
Senior Sweeper

Question
I've thought the same too about this. But I also use mail and zippo. I did think and its possible that since I signed up with online the same but I have also stopped with the good old snail mail. In over 2 years I have won once and it was an expired coupon from Snickers.
  Old  September 12th, 2017, 11:11am     #49
maureen2005
Senior Sweeper

Sadly, its not worth the $30 subscription anymore. Time to move on. Was fun years ago...at least you felt a win was just around the corner. Not now...
  Old  September 12th, 2017, 11:43am     #50
EllaBarns
Senior Master Sweeper

Besides not winning, has anyone else noticed the emails/newsletters are out of control. I always opt out, yet lately I am spending half of my sweeping time unsubscribing. It has never been this bad.
  Old  September 12th, 2017, 2:37pm     #51
coljim
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomar97 View Post
You mean I'm not the only slow one??? I use robo but it doesn't work as well on Mac but still helps... and there are plenty of days I don't do all my sweeps even though it's only maybe 100 a day max!

I only do a few FB and twitter.. and forget Instagram w/o cell service!
I'll tell you a secret. I'm going to be 79 on Friday lol... I sleep late and slow is probably optimistic. I weed out my sweeps regularly but I seldom finish either.

My Wins
  Old  September 12th, 2017, 3:17pm     #52
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by coljim View Post
I'll tell you a secret. I'm going to be 79 on Friday lol... I sleep late and slow is probably optimistic. I weed out my sweeps regularly but I seldom finish either.
In case I miss it.. happy birthday! I am a little bit your jr but I think my slowness is because I keep getting sidetracked into other things on that evil "web" !

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  September 12th, 2017, 3:23pm     #53
hspaperman
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewDog64 View Post
I have noticed that my wins have dramatically dropped off in the last few years. I thought it was due to me using a private mail box at one of those shipping and mail box stores, so i switched to my physical address. This did not change anything still no wins not even those little ones you get, just those instants. I also had been using disposable email addresses from yahoo throughout the time i was winning stuff and after I stopped winning, so I changed that to a normal email address. This still had no effect. Which brings me to the conclusion that most sweepstakes sites may be using what is included in each click of the mouse on any site. When you click on a link on any webpage the website that it links to gets certain information from that previous website. The main information is the website address that the link was on. All the sweepstakes people need to do is compare these "referrer" addresses to ones that are associated with sweepstakes sites like OLS and simply disqualify those that are on the list.

Now I have been using the OLS site for many many years and do not have anything against it or any other sweeps site. I think this referrer info needs to be dealt with though. I am not sure what could be done, but I am eliminating that problem for me. There are a few ways that this referrer info can be overcome. One way is to use referrer changers. These change the referrer information before it is sent to the other website. These can be add ons to browsers or standalone programs. Another way is to save the pages of the myseeps as webpage complete files and open them from your computer and enter that way. You can even use the shazam button. This way does not show any referrer and makes it just like clicking a bookmark. I dont know how brent would feel about this option. Another way would be to copy the address directly from the sweepstakes link and manually paste it into a new browser window. This however would make it take much longer to do your sweeps. In Firefox under the tools tab there is "Page Info" this shows some basic information on the webpage your are currently on and includes a referrer if there was one. You can check out the referrer info on each page your on to see what I mean. I dont use too many other browsers but many web tools add ons may have this info also.

I have worked with computers my whole life and have a degree in computer science, so I understand what tools can be used on websites and computers. Any website can get information of what browsers, add ons, operating system, and much more information about your computer and programs. Any sweepstakes website can use multiple things to disqualify entrants. What I am talking about the referrer info is just one of them. So this may or may not be why I am not winning even small things. Use your best judgment to make your own decisions.
I think the failed reality shows opened up millions of more people to the hobby, sluggish economy led to many more entering and more companies offering less, and less sweeps. I keep a certain dollar amount for a prize before I put in my "dailies". 10 years ago, I had twice as many sweeps as I do now. My wins are fewer and fewer, though I am sure some will say they are winning at the same pace, maybe they are, but I doubt it.

"Thank you for calling 9-1-1. What is
your emergency?"
  Old  September 12th, 2017, 7:36pm     #54
coljim
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomar97 View Post
In case I miss it.. happy birthday! I am a little bit your jr but I think my slowness is because I keep getting sidetracked into other things on that evil "web" !
Trending on Twitter??

My Wins
  Old  September 12th, 2017, 11:09pm     #55
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy100 View Post
It seems that the bottom has fallen out of contests, samples, coupons, freebies. Social media has killed it all!
Yes! It hasn't stopped me from trying though. If you don't enter you can't win!
  Old  September 13th, 2017, 1:03am     #56
alansax
Senior Sweeper

Don't think OLS has anything to do with it. 77 wins so far this year. 144 wins last year and 241 wins in 2015. More than enough to justify the $30 a year premium membership cost. Just renewed my premium membership.

My 2015 Wins

My 2016 Wins

My 2017 Wins
  Old  September 13th, 2017, 7:17am     #57
awssm
Grand Master Sweeper

Of course there are more people entering which decreases odds of winning. It has become so easy to enter:
We no longer sit at home filling out 3x5 cards. We don't even need a computer. Now phones do everything and can be carried anywhere.

America: Love it or give it back.
  Old  September 13th, 2017, 2:45pm     #58
swampfox28
Master Sweeper

Definitely something to think about...

Old  September 13th, 2017, 9:23pm     #59
jas11563
Master Sweeper

Look at the sweeps and the quality of the prizes being offered.
They have changed!
  Old  September 14th, 2017, 1:19am     #60
lolatoo2
Senior Master Sweeper

I seem to remember at least 10 pages of instant wins, that's where I used to win a lot. Now there are very few listed.