Old  February 23rd, 2014, 8:38pm     #1
vrl007
Sweeper

Thinking of coming to the National Convention? READ THIS!! :0)
Hello OLSers! My name is Valerie and I am part of the convention committee for the 25th Annual National Sweepstakes convention to be held in Florida 27 Aug -31 2014 also known as SPF25 Orlando. I have been to 12 conventions and enjoyed each one. I’ll be on this board willing to answer any questions you may have, so feel free to ask.
For those of you who have never been and are wondering if you might sign up for Orlando here’s some info. First off national conventions are run strictly by volunteers from this wonderful hobby of ours and they are planned two years ahead in different areas of our country, sometimes on different dates, and usually with the help of the local sweeps club. As Sweepers we enter sweeps at home or are members of small groups. Most of our friends and family members don’t even understand why we do what we do. But at a convention you’ll see hundreds of people who ‘speak your language’ and love the hobby! The energy and excitement of a ballroom filled with winners is fantastic! It was at national conventions that I met KB and Brent where they have regularly been big supporters. Lots of newbies join us every year and we love to meet them.
The convention follows a schedule: early arrival and registration (Wed 27th), registration and meet and greet on Thurs (the 28th), sessions with speakers and a lot of free drawings on Fri (the 29th), more sessions and free drawings and a banquet on Sat (the 30th), and sessions (2 sessions, am and pm this year) with speakers and free drawings on Sun (the 31st). Monday is Labor Day so plenty of time to get home or enjoy more of Florida!
Here is the convention website for you to look over including the registration form. The registration fee of $215 covers entry into all sessions, free convention drawings, and your banquet meal. Payment is made on-line with PayPal or credit card or by mailing a check with a downloaded form. NO ONE is considered registered without payment. The convention hotel this year is the Rosen Shingle Creek a stunningly beautiful resort with 13 on site restaurants, pools and a golf course. Free parking and free WiFi for resort guests included; double rooms are only $99 a night, a bargain. Be sure to include a clear email address on your registration. http://www.spf25orlando.com/
Here’s an easy action plan:
1. Register, see website.
2. Reserve your room, see website.
3. Plan your transportation; look for airline deals midweek or save up gas $$!
4. There you have it; so come on down and join the fun at SPF25ORLANDO!!