Old  June 7th, 2003, 8:12pm     #1
kellyc442
Senior Sweeper

Robo Form
Dear folks, I am back -and still pretty new. My mother got sick and passed after 3 weeks of illness-very sudden. I stayed with my Dad for 6 more weeks (he is 77-kind of frail and lives in the boonies) and will go back in a month.Mean while, can some body explain a little about robo form before I download?Where do I save it to,How does it come up-I have a Dell, and don't want to wear out my everlovin' fingers. Thanks Mamavand

carol
  Old  June 7th, 2003, 8:16pm     #2
sweepmama
Grand Master Sweeper

Oh honey I am so sorry about your loss. I lost my mom not too long ago- breast cancer. About the Roboform; It's pretty easy to downlaod and setup. I remember that it pretty much walks you thru it. Good luck to ya.

Old  June 7th, 2003, 8:46pm     #3
CatLover
Grand Master Sweeper

I downloaded Roboform not too long ago. Sweepmama is right - it pretty much does all the work for you. The programmers assumed that this would be used by "nonexperts" like yours truly!

Sorry about your mother. I lost both of my parents years ago, but it still hurts sometimes. It does get easier, though, so hang in there!

Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition. - Marilyn Monroe
  Old  June 7th, 2003, 9:21pm     #4
fullabull
Master Sweeper

Really sorry to hear about your recent loss. Hope your dad will be able to manage until you are able to get back there.

About roboform, it is easy to install and just takes a little set up to put in the info that you want for your entry forms.

There are some options as to set up, but it is fairly self explanatory when you go through the set up process that it will take you through when you install it.

Maybe entering some sweeps will help you keep your mind off of your difficult time that you are going through.

Good luck!
  Old  June 7th, 2003, 10:33pm     #5
kellyc442
Senior Sweeper

Thanks to all of you for your answers; will give it a try. Yes I do start a little sobbing sometimes because we were best friends. But I found a paper while going through her stuff(she did NOT file anything and kept EVERYTHING)that "Death is nothing. I am only in the next room.Keep speaking my name and loving and laughing." So ...we go on.Hugs and pats. Carol

carol
  Old  June 7th, 2003, 10:56pm     #6
gigi
Master Sweeper

Sorry to hear about you loss. I lost my Mom and we put her to rest the day before Thanksgiving last year, I lost my mother in law (also my mom only a month before her). I has been a tough ride for us also.

Good luck with robo - it will really help a lot once you learn to use it, make sure you save the forms as you fill them out- I believe you right click these and then when you go to enter again just go to fill form - it avoids a lot of rework. I usually file the date expiring by the name and then I delete when it ends.
  Old  June 8th, 2003, 2:46am     #7
fullabull
Master Sweeper

I really like the note that you found in your mom's stuff. My mom is 87 and her health is not so good these days. When she goes, I'm going to try to remember what is in that note.....
  Old  June 8th, 2003, 10:42am     #8
allie
Senior Master Sweeper

The other members explained Roboform well.

So sorry about your recent loss. {{HUGS}}
  Old  June 12th, 2003, 1:34am     #9
Dan
Sweeper

Roboform Question !!
Hi..Just wondering if any other roboform users might have a suggestion for a newcomer.

I have the free basic mode. I noticed that on some contest that require an inital birth date to gain access, Roboform won't enter it.

Also, is there a way to set it's memory so that all those questions that some contests ask can be asnwered so I don't need to look at every entry?

Many thanks!! Keep winning!

Winners happen everyday. It doesn't always involve a prize."
  Old  June 13th, 2003, 6:00am     #10
littlebit870
Master Sweeper
Founding Member

Hi Dan, I use the older free version of RoboForm v4.3.7. I tried the newer free version (not sure what that version number was) but switched back to the older one because of a couple of things I just did not like on the newer one (can not remember now what those were )

As far as filling in the initial BD for some contest it could be that the site you were at is a "shockwave flash page" Robo will not work on flash pages.

As far as saving your entry forms after you have filled the form out and checked it to make sure all your info is correct and before you submit your entry. On my version of RoBo I just right click my mouse and choose
#8- Save Forms
A save forms to passcard pop up will appear just click on save and the info will be there the next time you want to enter. Some sweepers have robo set to auto fill. I have mine set to find and fill with confirm. Everyone has the option of setting Robo to his or her likes and dislikes.
Hope this is what you needed if you have more questions feel free to PM me anytime!

Ms Dee Dee
"It is not your aptitude, but your attitude, that determines your altitude."
- Zig Ziglar
  Old  June 13th, 2003, 7:47am     #11
Cyrano_de_Texas
Senior Sweeper

Separate your sweeps into two sections: 1. Those that you CAN fill in with one click (these can be auto-filled and sent); 2. Those that require one or two spaces to be filled in manually (sometimes, an entry form is designed specifically to NOT allow RoboForm to complete it automatically - most common field that needs manual filling is birthdate). The second group you can click on "Auto Fill" (NOT "autofill and submit", and manually oput in what you have to. Then you can save the revised form in your passcards.

I've said this before, and I've seen my thoughts echoed by others: If you're even halfway serious about sweeping, spring for the lousy $30 and get the full version of RoboForm. You'll be glad you did...and your first win over $30 ARV that you get because you can complete forms 10 times faster will make it very much worth the small investment for this wonderful piece of software!

"Never tell me the odds!" -Han Solo
  Old  June 13th, 2003, 10:20am     #12
tommy
Grand Master Sweeper
Founding Member

sorry to hear about your mom kellyc442-- you jave my belated condolensces and i see our in house experts have answered your ? about robo -----------

good luck with everything kiddo
  Old  June 14th, 2003, 12:11pm     #13
kellyc442
Senior Sweeper

Oh my goodness gracious me!!! My life will never be the same. Thank you all! And goodbye to all that tedious typing

carol
  Old  June 14th, 2003, 5:56pm     #14
Dan
Sweeper

Roboform and The Missing Forms
Can any of you experts help me? I've just started using the Roboform passcards and while I love Roboform and it is a great help, I've noticed that some portions of what I've saved are not showing up on entry forms. Many times my age, zip code or birthdate won't be filled out. But on others forms I have no trouble!

Is this because some contest have anti-Roboform like forms that will block out certain Roboform info? I know I'm entering my info correctly. Or am I just screwing up!!!!

You help is greatly apprectiated. Thanks!
  Old  June 15th, 2003, 12:27am     #15
sjr1535
Senior Sweeper

I'm technically challenged but I have been using Roboform for some time and I have the same problem. I believe that whatever identifies a field to Roboform is missing or different in some forms. Some entire forms do not work with Roboform. It is still way better than typing in the info.

Good Luck!!