Old  June 13th, 2003, 11:55pm     #1
Chucky
Sweeper

news letters etc
For all you experienced sweepers out there, almost all sweeps
ask you if you want to sign up for the newsletter, club etc.
Do you feel if say yes to these it improves your chances or does it not matter.

What do ya'll think

Chucky
  Old  June 14th, 2003, 2:10am     #2
tjcontests
Sweeper

Hmm..
I don't think they can legally give you less of a chance, however I bet some smaller companies will do it anyway. With places like Kraft, and other large companies, I would assume they don't. I personally always say no, but my gut tells me some of 'em discriminate when they shouldn't.

Also, some of them make you sign up to enter, and make you stay on the list throught the sweep to be eligible to win. I pass on ones that do this.

Erica

MyWins: TWIX Bar Coupon(x17), $100 Ticketmaster GC, Tombstone Boxers/Free Pizza Coupon, Charlie's Angels Poster (x2), Spy Listener™ sunglasses (Crayola), Vans Warped Tour CD Sampler, $5 Music Cash™ (Crayola), Crayola Crayon Maker, Crayola Code Quest Mousepad, Crayola Twistables Crayons, Home Improvement 1-2-3 Book (Woman's Day), FreeLotto - $1, Incredible Hulk Xbox Game, Hanes ComfortLabs Underwear(x2), Goldfish Wallet
  Old  June 14th, 2003, 2:39am     #3
sweepmama
Grand Master Sweeper

I usually don't sign up for them. I had read awhile back on another sweeps site ( before I found this one) and in their "hints and tips" section, it stated that it's best to sign up for them and any other info they offer. I get too much email as it is.
  Old  June 14th, 2003, 3:05am     #4
allie
Senior Master Sweeper

I think it depends on the sweep. I usually don't sign up for them though.
  Old  June 14th, 2003, 4:07am     #5
Hope
Senior Master Sweeper

I NEVER sign up for them, and I do not feel that this has any bearing on who wins.

Know someone trying to sell a home in the USA? I can help!
Get Your House SOLD!
LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK
  Old  June 14th, 2003, 4:22am     #6
Brent
Webmaster

Let me put it to you this way- if signing up for a newsletter, making a purchase, or what have you, DID increase your odds for winning any particular sweep, would you really want to enter that sweep? If a sweep is going to cheat their entrants, why would they stop there? Why wouldn't they just make up a name out of thin air and make that person the winner (and therefore avoid awarding the prize at all)? IMO, it's a waste of time even worrying about it. Legitimate sweepstakes will not cheat. If you want to sign up for a newsletter, sign up, if you don't, don't. Most sweepstakes, especially the ones you'll find here, are fair and legit.

Brent

Please help your fellow OLS members win! - Referral and Vote Requests ~ Premium Referral and Vote Requests
  Old  July 9th, 2003, 5:35am     #7
robinlambert
Sweeper

Is Newsletter Sign Up Required?
Just wondering, if one of the required fields in a contest is newsletter sign up that offers the choice of yes or no, does that mean that newsletter sub. is required, or does it just mean that you are required to answer the question?

Thanks for any input.

Robin
  Old  July 10th, 2003, 2:31pm     #8
Dan
Sweeper

Some contest do require you to register for their newsletter in order to enter their contest (I know the recent Napa Wine Country contest does). If you cancel after entering, they'll drop you from the drawing.

I would assume that if they don't specify you must get the newsletter that you're safe not to suscribe to it. I don't take any newsletters and my entries seem to go thru. Anyoone know otherwise?
  Old  July 12th, 2003, 6:47am     #9
robinlambert
Sweeper

Thanks Dan!

Robin