Old  April 4th, 2003, 12:58pm     #46
lilac2467
Sweeper

The only one that I am familar with is RoboForm and I love it! It even remembers user ids and passwords so checking web based email is even easier (especially with id names with lots of underscores like mine). It fills the forms for you. Sometimes there are little glitches like more than one entry box for an email on one page (as is 'refer a friend) but those can be corrected by hand. It is so much faster to fill out forms. Occassionally I'll find a site that doesn't accept RoboForm, but I'd say 95% do accept it.
  Old  April 4th, 2003, 9:02pm     #47
teolson88
Sweeper

I am downloading roboform as I type this - anything special that I should know before I start using this?

Are there any other pieces of software that people use to help them with sweeping?

Thanks-
Travis

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. - Aristotle
  Old  April 5th, 2003, 11:22am     #48
WLAllen219
Master Sweeper

While we're on the subject
I, too, have been interested in downloading this but have a few questions myself.

I'm on AOL and enter sweeps thru AOL not Internet explorer. I'm almost computer illiterate but saw on the Roboform page that it doesn't always work well with AOL. Should I not be entering sweeps thru AOL? Any feedback on this?

Also, how do you keep sweeps separate that don't allow automated entries or is there a method on the software?

Thanks

Wendy
  Old  April 11th, 2003, 7:06pm     #49
Nowniki
Master Sweeper

I am using AOL (and also their browser, not IE). I used gator for a couple of years and loved it until I downloaded RoboForm. Robo is far, far better, fills out more areas and much simpler to use. No trouble with AOL and I wouldn't give it up!!!

Download Roboform - easy!
  Old  April 11th, 2003, 7:14pm     #50
artmarcia
Master Sweeper

Where do we go to download roboform?
It sounds like a lifesaver
  Old  April 11th, 2003, 7:26pm     #51
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Re: Where do we go to download roboform?
Quote:
Originally posted by Marcia Scurfield
It sounds like a lifesaver

www.roboform.com

You'll wonder how you lived without it
  Old  April 27th, 2003, 9:45am     #52
mitan
Sweeper

robo will only let me have 3 identiites
Ok I just rececently been having trouble with robo. Hes only letting me have 3 names for fill or I have to buy. Anybody else having this trouble. And I only get 30 passwords. This never happened before and wonder if someone else is having the same problem. Thanks
  Old  April 27th, 2003, 10:01am     #53
gigi
Master Sweeper

I believe that the 30 passwords is a limitation. I never tried more than 1 identity.
  Old  April 27th, 2003, 10:12am     #54
JOYWIND
Master Sweeper

Hello Mitan

I used roboform forever without any restrictions until about a month ago when it started to limit my passcards.

If believe they are slowly beginning to intergrate the differences between roboform and roboform pro (the paid software).

Here is a link to the differences between the two:

http://www.roboform.com/why-pro.html

I bought it because I'm a diehard and a very lazy sweeper and can't live without a 150+ passcards.

Hope this helps.

There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. Albert Schweitzer
  Old  April 27th, 2003, 10:26am     #55
CatLover
Grand Master Sweeper

I very quickly ran into limitations on pass cards. Never tried more than two identities, though. I went ahead and shelled out the bucks. They give you just enough capacity with the free program to let you really appreciate it!

Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition. - Marilyn Monroe
  Old  April 27th, 2003, 10:48am     #56
mitan
Sweeper

thanks for the response
I was just wondering cause I had my whole family on the identities. I have 3 kids I used to sign up for all the kids stuff and of course hubby.

It also mentioned about being able to go download the old version, I belive it said 4,6,8 to go back to unlimited identities and passcard, I just couldn't find it.
  Old  May 3rd, 2003, 5:25pm     #57
dj
Senior Sweeper
Founding Member

I currently have 5 identities and over 150 passcards with version 4.3.7. It's an older version but does everything I need so I've never upgraded and best of all, it's free. You can still get the older versions of robo at their site, there's 4.6.8 available also.

If you want one of the older versions, go to http://www.roboform.com/faq.html and click on How can I revert to the old version of RoboForm?
  Old  May 4th, 2003, 8:52am     #58
mitan
Sweeper

thanks
thanks DJ

Are computer crashed and had to reformat. So I have to go and redownload everything today, which your response is great timing, got rid of the knew robo(no choice) and in with the old(which is better). Thank-you once again
  Old  May 17th, 2003, 10:10pm     #59
bjoyce
Sweeper

robo forms
hi when downloading the robo forms why does it ask for ss nomber and also drivers license # am always leaty about giving out those #"s . thanks
  Old  May 17th, 2003, 10:12pm     #60
noelleray
Senior Master Sweeper

i always assumed
it was a optional thing,i never entered mine and never asked for it on a sweeps except once when i received a affy.