Old  December 17th, 2002, 10:27pm     #31
suelee000
Senior Master Sweeper

I've never tried Type It In, but I love RoboForm. It remembers passwords and user names. It might miss a field once in a while, but it's great.

Odds. I've been entering internet contests since 1995 (or 1996, I'm not sure which). My winnings so far include speakers for my computer, $150 GC from Sharper Image, a few T-shirts and other assorted items.

However, last December, I started using sweeps software. I've gone from entering maybe 20 contests a day to over 125 per day. The winnings this year are small, a tagless t, pencil, candy etc. But there was that one day when 2 prizes arrived from Fed-Ex at the same time. I'm optimistic about the December prizes because there are so many of them. We'll see.

Read the winners forum. Some people have only been sweeping for a few days and weeks and already are winning things. Sometimes big stuff. It's the luck of the draw.

Happy sweeping

Sue

So many books, so little time.
  Old  December 17th, 2002, 10:42pm     #32
groovyguru
Senior Master Sweeper

Gator Bites
I had used the gator in the past, and while it works, it also is a time waster with all its ads and popups, etc. I recently started using Roboform in combination with online-sweepstakes.com and find that it is very fast to complete many sweeps. To save time, I will click from o-s.com 10-20 entry forms, then let them download, and switch between pages using roboform to fill them in.
  Old  January 20th, 2003, 9:40am     #33
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Is roboform detectable???
Okay, I know this is a silly question - but I was wondering if it is detectable?? I looked through the FAQ's and I can't find it, though I am sure someone asked the question before. You see it quite a bit on entry forms, and I was wondering if they use a program to detect whether or not a "bot" is being used.

Thanks,

Karen
  Old  January 20th, 2003, 10:07pm     #34
Roadkillray
Sweeper

now .. is that the latest free version one or the one you have to pay for ???
  Old  January 20th, 2003, 10:54pm     #35
groovyguru
Senior Master Sweeper

It is possible to infer automated entry if the system on the other end of the browser records start of transmission (date & time) to receipt of entry form (date & time), and the time is so fast that it is humanly impossible to enter in the elapsed time. I do not know if any sites do this, but it is a relatively easy thing to do on their end.

To avoid this, you just have to start several sweeps at the same time and let them load up before you use roboform to fill. Then submit by clicking the button and enough time should elapse to negate the high speed form entry detection.
  Old  January 22nd, 2003, 11:12am     #36
hwnhrt
Sweeper

I don't know if this is the appropriate thread to post this question , but I've been reading the forums and have not heard anyone mention this feature yet....does anyone have the feature on their computer that remembers what you typed ?

I have a compaq 5000 us series and when I fill out entries, it remembers names, addys, ph #'s,etc. All I have to do is double cllck in the space and a drop down menu shows up with all the names or addys that need to filled in. I just chose the person I want to enter and click, it fills in the blank.

I have alot of time(please go to newbie forum for my intro)to enter sweeps and enter 10 people daily in several sweeps, lottos,etc. This feature saves me tons of time and it's free! I've read about Roboform alot and I suppose the difference is Robo fills out the whole entry. I have to manually click to fill in the blanks but I feel its just as good as robo cause I save lots of time typing and I don't need to worry if the entry will be accepted because of auto. It takes me about 10 seconds or less to fill out an entry. It's a sweepers dream! The one thing I like about it is the email address will always be correct...this feature has all the email addys listed so I can't do a typo error in that blank and miss out on a win notification !

Would like to hear from others who has this feature on their puter...
Good luck to you all and always remember to enter, enter....enter!!!!

Aloha,
hwnhrt

"just another day in paradise..."
  Old  January 22nd, 2003, 1:07pm     #37
gcomstock
Grand Master Sweeper
Founding Member

HawaiianHeart-

Internet Explorer does have an autofill feature, which in combination with its History records, allows you to double click most any entry cell and produce a drop down containing items you've previously typed.

BUT...Roboform allows you to create separate identities, so you could actually set up "accounts" for the other folks you enter, which included their birth dates, addresses, phone numbers etc.

Also, be careful...most sites have the ability to track IP numbers (the unique number that identifies YOUR computer account) of all visitors. So make sure that, regardless of the names / addresses you enter, that you're not potentially being DQ'd. READ the individual rules to decide.
  Old  January 22nd, 2003, 1:42pm     #38
hwnhrt
Sweeper

gcomstock,

thanks for the info, i appreciate it. robo sounds like a good tool to use entering sweeps. I guess I'm so used to entering using the IE feature and am comfortable with doing it that way, guess I'll just stick to it.

You're right also in the fact that IP addys are tracked by most sweeps to keep people honest. I invest a good amount of time reading the rules to the sweeps I enter. I do that so I don't get anyone DQ'd. Per person,per addy, per household, per email are key words I look for and follow to the letter. Although I enter sweeps for 10 people, it doesn't necessarily mean all 10 will be entered into all that I do each day. One per household means just that. Everyone gets a turn each day. To me, this is the most important part of sweeping....read the rules first. I do it religiously.

I also created a system where I can track what sweeps I've entered, and who I entered and how many entries I did for each person. They are all my nieces and nephews and sisters and there hubbys. Just family. I have in my favorites special folders for the sweeps entered and another with just the rules. I also never start to enter any sweeps unless I have my daily "bible" where I note down what I entered and who I entered. I then use the info from that "bible" and put it in my file box where I have index cards #'d and filed so I can look up any sweep that I entered, who's entered and how many times. It took awhile for me to set up, but once I figured out what to do or how to do it, it's fairly easy for me to update.

Good luck in all your sweeps!
Aloha,
hwnhrt

"just another day in paradise..."
  Old  March 6th, 2003, 7:42pm     #39
happy sweeper
Master Sweeper
Founding Member

Robo Identities
Has anyone else had problems with loosing their identies in the passcodes. When I check the file by right clicking the mouse they are in the folder but do not show up to fill & send. Can anyone help me. I emailed Roboform but they weren't any help.
Thanks!
  Old  March 27th, 2003, 12:16pm     #40
ebargain
Junior Sweeper

Hi there - I'm new here, but I am using the FREE roboform and after 30 days use it reverts from the FULL version to the FREE version, which means it only lets you have three identities, less passcards, etc. HTH
  Old  March 31st, 2003, 9:07am     #41
teolson88
Sweeper

Has anyone had any computer trouble after downloading roboform? I have looked at it but haven't downloaded it yet. My computer is my baby and I am very careful about what I add to it.

Travis
  Old  March 31st, 2003, 9:28am     #42
mnsteph
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Editor

I had to take roboform out after installing it, my computer downstairs the fast one probably would have been OK with it, but the one networked upstairs that I had it on crashed , locked up, pretty much all that fun stuff...
But then I am running on a Pentium 233 upstairs ( a piece of " " )and Roboform seems to be a bit of a memory hog.
Oh well. If you have a good computer you should be fine.
  Old  March 31st, 2003, 9:29am     #43
jeanmarie
Master Sweeper

I felt the same way, and loaded it on one of our extra (old) computers - did not have a problem, so I have since loaded it on my good machine, with no ill effects. Hope that is helpful. BTW - for comparison purposes, I am running a Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600 (not really a great machine) with WIndows 2000 OS.
  Old  March 31st, 2003, 2:26pm     #44
ajs1971
Senior Sweeper

Roboform versus Gator?
Hi all
I am a newbie. What is the difference between Roboform & Gator. I have been using Gator for years to fill in my forms. Does anyone know 1st hand the difference between the two?
  Old  March 31st, 2003, 2:36pm     #45
SSquared1980
Master Sweeper

Gator is a marketing software that tracks what sites you visit. It's called spyware. They use it to target popups to your interests. Personally, I don't appreciate companies tracking me so I removed it right away. From an IT standpoint - it interferes with log on scripts and prevents some pages from loading...

Roboform is not spyware and does not track what sites you visit. It's just a form filler. I use it all the time - otherwise I wouldn't have time to enter all the sweeps...

Hope this helps!