Old  November 23rd, 2002, 1:15pm     #16
Texsweeper
Senior Sweeper
Founding Member

Everything I have won has been the result of robo-form entries.

Tex
  Old  November 23rd, 2002, 2:15pm     #17
kbsocial
Grand Master Sweeper
Administrator
Queen Peep

Me too! All roboform!
  Old  November 23rd, 2002, 3:56pm     #18
Dixiebelle31
Master Sweeper
Founding Member

Yup, I've won with Roboform as well.
  Old  November 24th, 2002, 7:32pm     #19
viperlily
Master Sweeper

This is what I meant
Hi guys! Gee, I know now to be careful of my subject description!

"roboform disqualifying you" is a terrible subject, especially since I

had a question about it, not me saying that! Anyway, I

appreciate all the SAFE comments, but this was in the comments

of one of the unlimited entries hawaii trip.

Comments: Enter as often as you like provided that mechanically reproduced multiple entries or multiple entries submitted by means of software-generated or other automated processes will be disregarded.
I believe Roboform is ok.
official rules Open to residents of the U.S. 18+ (void in NY)
expires Sunday, December 22, 2002 @ 11:59pm ET Started on 11/18/02

I have seen that in other rules, (usually big prizes) and that is exactly what I meant.. I see it says "I believe Roboform is oK"...
So roboform is not software-generated or automated processes???
Thanks everyone!
  Old  November 24th, 2002, 10:40pm     #20
Katie Scarlet
Senior Master Sweeper

No Roboform is a form filler only.

It does not load the page for you and fill out the form for you and submit the entry for you. Nor does it by pass loading the page at all and just "email" your form information to the form email box. It doesn't capture the url and display it within a seperate "program" frame so that the visit is never logged because you never really visited but rather just filled out the form in sort of a "ghost" way and submit it with out a fresh page load of the sponsors page.

Those are all examples of automated or scripted entries. Anything that can submit the entry without interaction by you, or visiting the page IS an automated entry. Any service that provides these types of entries for you is an automated service and quite possibly will disqualify you.

Robo however, does none of those things. It just saves you a bit of typing. You have to manually visit the page and manually submit the entry. You're ok if you use it.

Katie

PS... I can change the title of this thread and did! LOL
  Old  November 26th, 2002, 10:45pm     #21
InterplanetJanet
Senior Master Sweeper

Problems with Roboform?
Is anyone else xperiencing problems with Roboform causing IE errors or am I doing something wrong? I switched from Gator but am considering switching back. It is really a pain because I have to shut down and restart my computer approximately every 10 minutes or so.

Please let me know and thanks
  Old  November 26th, 2002, 11:21pm     #22
Dixiebelle31
Master Sweeper
Founding Member

Wow no problems here. I am running version 6.026 of IE.
  Old  November 26th, 2002, 11:57pm     #23
Cyrano_de_Texas
Senior Sweeper

I'm having some problems - but I don't think it's roboform...'cause it only happens at certain sites. I'm thinking that IE 6 just may not be as stable as its predecessor.

Then again, I'm operating a dinosaur, and I desperately need more memory!
  Old  November 27th, 2002, 12:04am     #24
cowleyh
Grand Master Sweeper

Ummm, yes. I lost everything on my laptop two days ago because of roboform. I will now have to reformat the whole thing and start anew. I lost all mail, documents, pictures and sweeps info. I try to start up IE, and I get an error saying that roboform is doing something and it won't allow it to happen. Lovely... As much as I like the way it fills things for me, I do not like the way it totally screwed up my system and information. Luckily, we have other computers, but I have lost my precious stuff. Isn't there something out there besides irritating gator or disasterous roboform?
  Old  November 27th, 2002, 12:58am     #25
Cyrano_de_Texas
Senior Sweeper

There's Type-It-In...but it's not completely automatic...It'll only fill inb one space at a time (e.g., name, e-mail address, etc.). I use it for the sites that roboform won't work at. You can get it at http://www.wavget.com/
  Old  November 29th, 2002, 8:56pm     #26
InterplanetJanet
Senior Master Sweeper

roboform
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I went to the Roboform site and it said that if you have an older version of McAfee Virus Scan, it may cause problems with Roboform. I have an older version and do not want to invest in a newer one right now because I will be getting a new computer in a the next couple of mos., so I am turning off the virus scan when entering sweeps. I am still having similar problems, but it is much better (less frequent). (Of course I make sure that the virus scan is turned on for email attachments). For info:

http://www.roboform.com/faq.html#faq_virus_scan

I also disabled autocomplete from IE as Roboform stated this may cause problems

Happy sweeping!

Last edited by misaacmom; December 2nd, 2002 at 2:06pm.
  Old  December 12th, 2002, 10:38pm     #27
melhasty
Junior Sweeper

Roboform Vs TypeItIn??? Help - I am a new one!
hi!
I am new here too - and had a Question for yall.
Is Roboform much better than Typeitin? Or are they basically the same? I downloaded that the other day - and it is SO much better than manually typing everything - but if roboform is better than I will change to that!
Also - does anyone know the odds --- how long do you have to play before you win SOMETHING? Ha - I don't want to get discouraged - but I've been doing this for a couple of mos on my own - and haven't won a thing!
Thanks!!
  Old  December 12th, 2002, 11:03pm     #28
nanadebc50
Senior Sweeper

roboform
Hi I'm new also(3 days)roboform was recommended by several. I downloaded free version and I think it's great.. Last night I got done in 15 minutes what it had been taking to do in an hour. So I would really recommend it. But I'm not familiar with the other program you mentioned so I can't compare. Good luck in your wins...To be honest with you, I really don't care much if I win or not. I've already met some terrific people here on this site and lots of wit, humor, and intellect. So winning will just be an added bonus. I am an insomniac so for me it is a wonderful place to be at 3am. It beats tossing and turning!!!

DEB C
  Old  December 17th, 2002, 3:28pm     #29
alwitmayer
Master Sweeper
Senior Editor
Grand Pooh Bah

Founding Member

I have Roboform (which is free) on my home computer, and TypeItIn (which used to be free, but now costs $15(?)) at home and at work. Sometimes Roboform misses a field or two when filling a form; that's where TypeItIn comes in. TypeItIn is always there on the right of my screen so I can click on the button corresponding to the missing or incorrect field left by Roboform.

At work the "default" buttons on TypeItIn have work related information for filling out official documents; "personal" buttons have my home NAZT etc. for entering sweeps during lunch (if I wanted to). But I usually wait until I get home to enter sweeps, since Roboform works so much better.

PS TypeItIn has other sweeps software you might be interested in. WARNING - my personal opinion - do not install Gator to fill forms.
  Old  December 17th, 2002, 8:10pm     #30
Chucky
Sweeper

I've been using Roboform for about 4 months and I have won 2 grand prizes with them. No problems here.
I would recommend it highly

Chucky