Old  August 15th, 2002, 4:12pm     #1
rettaf
Senior Sweeper

Is Roboform Killing my Chance?
If it is how do I disable it for certain entries?
  Old  August 21st, 2002, 7:43pm     #2
Snoopofsc
Sweeper

Retta ...I do not know if Robo will disqualify you or not with some sweeps. Sandy at Sweepsheet said it would and other sites have said it would not. So really do not know.

When Robo pops up to fill an entry form .... just click on the X and close it or just ignore it and fill the form in manually.

HUGS
  Old  October 25th, 2002, 12:27pm     #3
Donna344
Senior Master Sweeper

Robo Form?
I was wondering about Rob form, I tried Gator, but had trouble with it, so was just wondering how this worked?
Thanks for your help.
Donna
  Old  October 25th, 2002, 1:17pm     #4
Katie Scarlet
Senior Master Sweeper

Roboform is the best. I highly recommend it.

If you had gator installed before it was spyware and was tracking your every moment on the web without you knowing it. Even if you have deleted it, it leaves behind silent software that still sends them your surfing habits.

You can get gator out of your system *and any other spyware you might have picked up along the way* by downloading a program called AdAware. I run it every week and get rid of all the nastys I have picked up too.

If you search the forums here for the term spyware, you will get lots of info and all the urls to down load the AdAware program.

You'll be surprised at all you have picked up without knowing it!

Katie
  Old  October 29th, 2002, 1:56pm     #5
Donna344
Senior Master Sweeper

Thanks !
I am going to try the robo form! I think I probably need to do the spy one too. Where do I go to find that one?? Thanks again!
Donna
  Old  October 29th, 2002, 2:07pm     #6
gcomstock
Grand Master Sweeper
Founding Member

Donna, you can download AdAware free at its developer's website:

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
  Old  October 30th, 2002, 11:36am     #7
Donna344
Senior Master Sweeper

slow?
Have been trying to use the robo form, but my computer seems to be running so slow, also the robo form was at the top of my screen and now it is gone and only the little icon at the bottom is there, do I need it at the top? Any one else have this problem??
Donna
  Old  October 30th, 2002, 1:22pm     #8
oldbear
Sweeper

Donna
Roboform will only pop-up when the page is done loading. It pops up automatically when there is something to fill in. Some pages take a long time to load, therefore roboform takes a long time to pop-up. Some pages that are written in flash will not activate roboform at all....then its back to typing. Hope this helps.

Old Papa Bear
  Old  November 5th, 2002, 9:26am     #9
Shellih6301
Sweeper

Roboform, automated entry?
I am an avid user of Roboform and would recommed it to anyone, however, I was curious if it was considered to be an automated entry device? If so, Ive disqualified myself from 1,000's of entries. Does anyone know if this is ok to use or not?
  Old  November 8th, 2002, 5:06pm     #10
patflyaway
Sweeper

This is how Katie Scarlett answered a similar question (thank you Katie Scarlett!)
Short answer - No it doesn't. Roboform is not a macro or a script. It is a program but it is not the type of "automation" that they are referring to.
Long answer- The type of automation that they mean is, the type where the "script" can run without you even being there. Or the type of site that you pay to have THEM enter for you.
The main reason a site holds a sweep is to generate traffic to their site, heighten consumer awareness of their service or product and make a sale or two along the way. If your computer is entering for you without any input from you, they know they are not going to gain a customer or make anyone aware of their products.
Roboform, as well as autocomplete, require action on your part to do what they do. YOU must point the broswer to the site, it doesn't just automatically go there on it's own, fill the form an move on to the next site. Some automated sites or programs capture the entry form information and just send a completed form to the site without ever visiting the site more than once.
It's not good business for the site or for sweepers to use these types of programs or sites. If the sponsor doesn't see an increase in traffic, interest or sales of their goods, they will cease to offer the great prizes.
Since autocomplete and robo are both interactive software plugin/programs, then they won't disqualify you for using it.
Katie
  Old  November 13th, 2002, 9:50pm     #11
viperlily
Master Sweeper

roboform disqualifying you
Hi everyone. I was just curious to know if there were more of you
out there who have noticed in the rules that automation entries are prohibited to some sweeps. Do they mean roboform? If it is, then that is very discouraging after you know you entered some without "checking' the rules..oops. So just make sure to check out the very fine print to make sure of that (if that is what they mean)

Holly
  Old  November 21st, 2002, 3:59am     #12
babatjie
Junior Sweeper

good to hear that roboform is safe, but
(1) what makes you so sure?
(2) what are they talking about that does disqualify you if we use it?
  Old  November 21st, 2002, 8:19am     #13
Firehawk915
Senior Sweeper

Mr
What they mean is that they do not want you to come up with some sort of script that will automatically enter you everyday. They want you to have to manually go to their site and log your information.

Later,
Tom
http://sleepingonthejob.wordpress.com
  Old  November 23rd, 2002, 12:18pm     #14
dolls123
Master Sweeper

Has anyone here won anything using roboform ????
  Old  November 23rd, 2002, 12:46pm     #15
marilyn lux
Gone Camping

I have