Old  August 4th, 2003, 2:36pm     #46
suzim
Junior Sweeper

Using Roboform
I use my roboform all the time to enter contests. Does anyone know if or how often these entries are thrown out or disqualified for use this program? I hope they are pretty liberal when it comes to this I sure enjoy filling out my sweeps forms so quickly.

Old  August 4th, 2003, 3:11pm     #47
allie
Senior Master Sweeper

Re: Using Roboform
Quote:
Originally posted by suzim
I use my roboform all the time to enter contests. Does anyone know if or how often these entries are thrown out or disqualified for use this program? I hope they are pretty liberal when it comes to this I sure enjoy filling out my sweeps forms so quickly.

There has been many discussions on OS about this very thing..

http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/fo...threadid=68712

http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/fo...threadid=23356
  Old  August 4th, 2003, 3:27pm     #48
pksoz
Master Sweeper

Hey Allie~ last week I mentioned I downloaded the new version, but when I clicked on fill forms, I would lose that window, and go back to the 'my sweeps' page. I uninstalled it, and re-downloaded the older one, and it worked fine for a while, but now it's happening again ....it's very aggrivating!! Is this happening to you or anyone else?? Not sure what I should do.
  Old  August 4th, 2003, 3:38pm     #49
allie
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally posted by pksoz
Hey Allie~ last week I mentioned I downloaded the new version, but when I clicked on fill forms, I would lose that window, and go back to the 'my sweeps' page. I uninstalled it, and re-downloaded the older one, and it worked fine for a while, but now it's happening again ....it's very aggrivating!! Is this happening to you or anyone else?? Not sure what I should do.
So what *exactly* does it do?! And have you installed or done anything to your computer other than browsing the internet or playing regular games since installing that newer version (and then uninstalling and reinstalling the old version)? I am wondering if you installed something and it's in conflict with Roboform - which I somehow doubt but anything is possible.
  Old  August 4th, 2003, 7:08pm     #50
pksoz
Master Sweeper

I haven't done anything else I can think of. Actually, the only time this happens is when the little fill form window doesn't come up by itself. Then I click the icon, and when I click fill forms, I'm losing the sweepstakes page I"m on, and it's bringing me back to my 'my sweeps' page. It never did that to me until I clicked 'yes' to update to a newer version. I sure don't want to have to type in all my info on all my sweeps!!!!! ... maybe I'll just have to start over again.??
  Old  August 4th, 2003, 8:00pm     #51
allie
Senior Master Sweeper

Hmm. Did you completely uninstall the other Roboform before installing the old version? Did you go through the Control Panel and Add/Remove Programs as well and then restart your PC?

I'd start over, keep your passcards if you can but get rid of it completely and then shut down, boot up, reinstall the old version again and move your passcards back to the folder and see what happens.
  Old  August 4th, 2003, 8:33pm     #52
pksoz
Master Sweeper

I did go to the control panel and remove it. But I'll try again......it'll be worth it to get this taken care of. Thanks, Allie!!!
  Old  August 4th, 2003, 9:33pm     #53
allie
Senior Master Sweeper

I'm wondering if it didn't remove it from your registry .. But anyway, the folder that it installs in (most likely C:\Program Files\) I'd make sure the folder itself is gone along with all of the "friends" inside after you do the remove programs. Always run the uninstall that comes with the file first, then see if it shows up in your Add/Remove programs and if so, remove it from there as well. Then make sure it's gone completely and if not, manually delete as your last option.
  Old  August 5th, 2003, 8:27pm     #54
kmermel
Sweeper

Roboform Broken?
I just sent email to Roboform but was hoping that someone here would know the answer.

Until today, my copy of Roboform was working. Today it won't fill any fields at all on specific sites. If I don't have a specific (passcard I guess you call them) it works. But it I have something specific it doesn't. The information is still there because I can see it when I click on edit.

Help, please!

Karen Mermel, Information Technology Manager
  Old  August 5th, 2003, 8:35pm     #55
allie
Senior Master Sweeper

So it was working on certain sites and now it won't work on those sites today?

What is one of the sites? Just as an example if you could?
  Old  August 5th, 2003, 8:53pm     #56
Katie Scarlet
Senior Master Sweeper

Are you past your 30 day trial limit on the lastest version?

Katie
  Old  August 6th, 2003, 11:47pm     #57
Ziggywag
Senior Master Sweeper
Senior Editor
Rock Goddess

Hi,

Hope you got it working..look to see if it saved your old passcards wth a different file extension. This happened after I downloaded the new version - it saved the old ones with a different extension and copied them as new into the new version so I actually had duplicate passcards. So unless you unistalled them, they should still be somewhere on your PC. It you find the old ones, you may have to change the file extensions to .rfp and move them into your Siber Systems Roboform folder. If all else fails, contact them.

Can I offer a speed up tip? You can really speed up your sweeping bigtime by turning off that pop-up thing - go to options and choose do not auto-fill and also click Do not offer to autofill. On the advanced button select fill forms without asking. Now, when you open your roboform passcards just highlight each sweep you saved and click on the Login button at the top. It will go to the sweep, fill and submit for you. (some sites you have to use Go and Fill instead of login and then hit the submit button manually because Roboform will say it doesn't know which form to submit - Bella sweeps are one example of this)

I created folders within roboform where I save my dailies, weeklies and monthlies seperately and I just go down the list and I can enter hundreds within an hour. Disabling that pop up window made it much quicker. Now if only they could come up with a way to fill those annoying flash forms LOL
  Old  August 7th, 2003, 12:05am     #58
InterplanetJanet
Senior Master Sweeper

Mine was messing up because I had my internet explorer set to "auto complete". Once you install Robobform you should disable this function.

www.momanthology.com