Old  May 8th, 2019, 10:16am     #1
Qncterra
Senior Master Sweeper

WARNING - Upcoming Premium Renewals
It is sad to see so many unsuspecting members paying, only to find that they have to go through the painstaking process of trying to recover the payment.

Originally Posted by reg036 View Post

There is NO current method to get Premium Membership!

Do not send any payments by any means!

If you have already paid, then immediately file a claim with the payor, PayPal, or credit card for refund.

There is no one to credit PayPal payments into Premium Membership.
Autorenewals will not credit into Premium Membership.
There is no one monitoring any of the OLS emails or mailboxes.
The volunteer mods/admins/editors have no other information on payment statuses.

Read here for our only source of info:http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com....php?t=1442225 current situation is . . . payment by any means will not result in a membership renewal.

Last edited by Qncterra; July 9th, 2019 at 12:09am. Reason: update message for more clarity.
  Old  May 12th, 2019, 10:40pm     #2
DoveBran
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadingzone View Post
Oh man, I wish I had found this post before I renewed my membership last week!!! At least I know why Brent hasn't read any of my PM's...my payment was accepted but OLS is telling me I have less than a week until my membership expires.

Guess I'll be on the phone with PayPal tomorrow filing a complaint and getting the charge reversed. Sad ending after years of membership....

Brent, if your dead, then I'm sorry. If you just skipped out, you're a bastard.

Loadingzone

Same here, I just renewed May 10 and two payments were taken out.

KellieLor
WINS:
MYWins
  Old  May 13th, 2019, 4:23am     #3
d7dot
Gone Camping

It is sad to see so many unsuspecting members paying, only to find that they have to go through the painstaking process of trying to recover the payment.

I am re-posting this information link under a new heading in hopes of saving some fellow member the heartache or headache, as the case may be.

http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com....php?t=1442225

IN ADDITION TO STANDARD PP PAYMENTS, as d7dot has added if you have automatic renewal then go to the payment/renewal section and "STOP/UN-CHECK any Recurring Payments that you have in place. Neither will be effective or processed."

Recurring?

By checking this box, your subscription will automatically be renewed through PayPal.

Last edited by Qncterra; May 10th, 2019 at 4:46pm. Reason: add automatic renewal info from d7dot

Note: This is bumped because it is obvious that not all members are getting the message

Last edited by d7dot; May 13th, 2019 at 4:25am. Reason: Correct link and add note
  Old  May 13th, 2019, 4:44am     #4
jldbrooklyn
Senior Sweeper

So what happened?
Forgive me, if this question has been answered elsewhere, but why is the site no longer being managed. If it's going under or closing up why is the membership page still active at all. Why are they accepting google ads? Why are people still bothering to add new sweeps?
  Old  May 13th, 2019, 4:52am     #5
d7dot
Gone Camping

Read this post and countless others in this thread. They do not have answers to all your questions, but that's all we have.

Old  May 13th, 2019, 11:08am     #6
Qncterra
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomar97 View Post
People still care about the site and there are those who still have premium membership.. but basically, as long as the members can keep the site going, it will.. it still works for many.
I agree 100% with this statement. People care and like this format. New sweeps are still being added and some sweeps are still being classified as Premium. Finally, (at least for the time being) some of us still have unexpired Premium memberships.

Those are statements of fact, without bias to either side of any discussion, but it seems that we are currently on auto-pilot, until we run out of gas, or a rescue team shows up for a safe landing.
  Old  May 13th, 2019, 11:42am     #7
stah
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by d7dot View Post
That is Incorrect~ All payment methods are broken. Do Not submit payment by any means unless you want to jump through hoops to get it back.
Thanks! It is sad to watch the demise of a site that was once so awesome. Yeah, I've been around a very long time and won many great things.
  Old  May 13th, 2019, 3:45pm     #8
ResourcePress
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by stah View Post
Thanks! It is sad to watch the demise of a site that was once so awesome. Yeah, I've been around a very long time and won many great things.
VERY very sad

Wishing & hoping & thinking & praying, planning & dreaming... and entering!
  Old  May 13th, 2019, 8:30pm     #9
java007
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldbrooklyn View Post
Forgive me, if this question has been answered elsewhere, but why is the site no longer being managed. If it's going under or closing up why is the membership page still active at all. Why are they accepting google ads? Why are people still bothering to add new sweeps?
As long as the domain name is not expired and the hosting bills are paid - both of which could be on autopay, at least for a while - the site will probably continue on. The owner is either not capable of doing the required updates or not interested in doing so. Given that the PO Box is closed, yet that remains listed as a payment option (it is not), my guess is the owner is incapable of making the change for some reason.

In the mean time, many members who are premium now and do not bother with the forums are continuing to enter as usual and add new sweeps, probably oblivious to the situation. On the present course, by mid to late summer, the majority of members will be non-premium and new sweeps submissions will fall to a trickle. Even then, with the outdated subscription information unchanged there will be members futility trying to renew. Wish there was some way to alter the direction, but I'm not seeing an alternate scenario as likely. The slow train wreck continues to play out...
  Old  May 14th, 2019, 3:02am     #10
d7dot
Gone Camping

I am re-posting this information link under a new heading in hopes of saving some fellow member the heartache or headache, as the case may be.

Also, as d7dot has added if you have automatic renewal then go to the payment/renewal section and "STOP/UN-CHECK any Recurring Payments that you have in place. Neither will be effective or processed."

Recurring?
By checking this box, your subscription will automatically be renewed through PayPal.

To further clarify, unfortunately the current situation is . . . payment by any means will not result in a membership renewal.

Last edited by Qncterra; Yesterday at 10:59am. Reason: add automatic renewal info from d7dot
  Old  May 14th, 2019, 11:02am     #11
stah
Master Sweeper

My last day as a paid member. I think I am all set. Sigh... Tomorrow will be a really sad day for me.
  Old  May 14th, 2019, 4:32pm     #12
jboyan
Sweeper

Despite the difficulties this site still has many more online sweeps listed than most others. I will stay till it is gone. I almost never post, but after checking several recommended and well known sites I hope somehow this one gets a reprieve.
  Old  May 14th, 2019, 4:37pm     #13
Bshaw75015
Senior Sweeper

Smile
I've always like this sweepstakes site the best-very easy to enter, forums and just winning even if they are small prizes. I won't leave until the site ceases. I hope it will continue for years.
  Old  May 14th, 2019, 4:58pm     #14
stah
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jboyan View Post
Despite the difficulties this site still has many more online sweeps listed than most others. I will stay till it is gone. I almost never post, but after checking several recommended and well known sites I hope somehow this one gets a reprieve.
Oh, I'm not leaving, it's just going to be harder is all.
  Old  May 14th, 2019, 5:05pm     #15
baxter1
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadingzone View Post
Oh man, I wish I had found this post before I renewed my membership last week!!! At least I know why Brent hasn't read any of my PM's...my payment was accepted but OLS is telling me I have less than a week until my membership expires.

Guess I'll be on the phone with PayPal tomorrow filing a complaint and getting the charge reversed. Sad ending after years of membership....

Brent, if your dead, then I'm sorry. If you just skipped out, you're a bastard.

Loadingzone
I had just renewed so I contacted my cc company and they reversed the charge immediately.