Old  March 29th, 2011, 5:40am     #1
bean_cat
Senior Master Sweeper

Anyone ever ordered from www.vetmeds4pets.co.uk?
I am just wondering if anyone here has experience ordering from www.vetmeds4pets.co.uk

I know that frontline combo from the UK is the same except cheaper than frontline plus in the USA. I found this site that seems to have fantastic prices and reasonable postage. I searched online and found a couple references to it but not too much. I was hoping someone from here had experience with them to make me feel safer ordering. I don't think the prices can be beat but I just want to be sure they are legit.

Of course if you know of a place where I can buy frontline plus for a similar price or even cheaper let me know. Thanks!
  Old  March 30th, 2011, 6:44pm     #2
bean_cat
Senior Master Sweeper

bump
  Old  March 30th, 2011, 7:02pm     #3
bluenude3
Senior Master Sweeper

1800 pet meds has a price match policy.

I always order from them and then find the cheapest site online to price match.

Simone

Old  March 30th, 2011, 7:03pm     #4
fayefaye5
Master Sweeper

have only ever used petrx and 1800pet meds, but your right their prices do look cheaper.

did a google search and cant find too much about it. No good, no bad, so may be a fairly new site.

Schmargle Blargle Foomilargle
  Old  March 30th, 2011, 7:04pm     #5
fayefaye5
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenude3 View Post
1800 pet meds has a price match policy.

I always order from them and then find the cheapest site online to price match.

Simone
but since its not a USA based site i dont think they will price match
http://www.1800petmeds.com/pricematch.jsp

Schmargle Blargle Foomilargle
  Old  March 30th, 2011, 7:06pm     #6
monkeybaker
Master Sweeper

I get mine from thefleadoctor on ebay. I would check to make sure that the price at the site you are looking at is in US dollars and not their currency rate It could make a huge difference
  Old  March 30th, 2011, 7:29pm     #7
chinchilla
Senior Master Sweeper
Senior Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fayefaye5 View Post
have only ever used petrx and 1800pet meds, but your right their prices do look cheaper.
Haven't ordered from the UK site but use 1800Petmeds regularly (and I save extra if I remember to shop there through Ebates).

Might be worth a single order to try them out if you're unsure! And if international shipping isn't too bad.
  Old  March 30th, 2011, 7:47pm     #8
implode
Master Sweeper

As with human meds, be concerned with counterfeiting. That is a big business...I would rather buy from a well known site then risk a family member. To me a pet is a family member.

Hall of Fame Winner of a trip to NZ!!!
Hall of Fame Winner of $10,000!!!
Hall of Fame winner of Super Bowl Trip!!!
  Old  March 31st, 2011, 5:00pm     #9
Stephen
Senior Master Sweeper

Just because of the unprofessional sounding domain name, I wouldn't order anything from them.
  Old  March 31st, 2011, 5:21pm     #10
bwanas
Master Sweeper

not them but canada has www.budgetpetcare.com and they ship fast although last year my dog and house got full of fleas while on frontline I bought through amazon.com so after reading all the bad comments on frontline I switched meds and no more fleas. those uk prices are pretty good though
  Old  March 31st, 2011, 11:22pm     #11
bean_cat
Senior Master Sweeper

I am not at all worried about buying the UK product vs the US product. I have bought frontline from Australia before and it was perfect. At the time the price was very good because the US dollar was worth a lot more than the Australian dollar. Now the Australian dollar is worth more so it's not any cheaper getting it there.

The products in other countries are all the same just have different branding. The same company makes all the products (Merial) and they are located in France. The price seems to be lowest all around by buying the product from the UK but because they require a prescription in the UK for the flea meds most of the sites require you to send one in to them regardless of where you are located. I have found a few that don't require it for people in the USA but it does make me wonder why there are so few. I don't know if it is poor website design or if it is a sketchy practice? Does anyone know?

Does anyone have experience buying pet meds from the UK at all? If so what website did you buy them from?

I want to be careful with my pets they are dear to me but money is tight. I also don't want to be intimidated to only buy USA meds when meds from most other countries are perfectly safe. It's ludicrous to believe that drugs from countries like the UK, Canada, Australia are not safe. The have regulating bodies that protect their citizens too.

FYI the price including shipping is about 1/2 that of 1800petmeds. 1800petmeds is cheap only compared to the vet. If you do a little shopping around you can find much cheaper meds (USA only if you prefer) elsewhere
  Old  March 31st, 2011, 11:31pm     #12
bean_cat
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwanas View Post
not them but canada has www.budgetpetcare.com and they ship fast although last year my dog and house got full of fleas while on frontline I bought through amazon.com so after reading all the bad comments on frontline I switched meds and no more fleas. those uk prices are pretty good though
Thanks... I checked them out. Their pricing isn't bad. I will keep them in mind. It's certainly better pricing than most of the USA sites I have seen.

I haven't had any problems with frontline at all but I did just move. I have heard that there are areas of the USA where it doesn't seem to work as well though. I will have to pay attention to make sure it isn't as issue here. I have multiple pets so I have to be careful about which product I select. It needs to be safe for both cats and dogs so I can just buy the bigger size and measure out the right dosage. I know frontline and advantage both work this way but you get more for you rmoney with frontline. What meds are you using now?
  Old  March 31st, 2011, 11:45pm     #13
skpaw
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean_cat View Post
It's ludicrous to believe that drugs from countries like the UK, Canada, Australia are not safe. The have regulating bodies that protect their citizens too.
Each country sets their own standards for human medicines. We have the FDA other countries have their own version that does the same thing but they don't all come up with the same answers to each question. Just thinking about anti-inflammatory drugs some that are sold here are not available in the UK (Celebrex) but they have some that we don't (Diclofenac) and some where both countries use similar medicines they will have different formulations and you can't get a precisely equal medicine common to both places.

The pet meds could be the same. Each country would approve what they think is the right formula and the supplier would make a version for each country so they will approve for sale. Double and triple check your formulations and if they really are the same then it's just a matter of finding a reputable company.

I don't take chances with drugs. They are a lot of counterfeits out there and the only way to know for sure is to take them to a lab for testing. Most of us can't/won't do that so I buy from my vet. I know I could get them cheaper somewhere else but I don't want to risk getting a knockoff. It could have no active ingredient or much worse it could be toxic and could harm my pets. They are worth it to me, I wouldn't forgive myself if buying cheap heartworm pills hurt them. (That's all mine need)

Old  April 1st, 2011, 1:19pm     #14
bwanas
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean_cat View Post
Thanks... I checked them out. Their pricing isn't bad. I will keep them in mind. It's certainly better pricing than most of the USA sites I have seen.

I haven't had any problems with frontline at all but I did just move. I have heard that there are areas of the USA where it doesn't seem to work as well though. I will have to pay attention to make sure it isn't as issue here. I have multiple pets so I have to be careful about which product I select. It needs to be safe for both cats and dogs so I can just buy the bigger size and measure out the right dosage. I know frontline and advantage both work this way but you get more for you rmoney with frontline. What meds are you using now?
k-9 advantix I use now i got a second dog and both are on it.frontline did refund a whole years worth even though i had 7 tubes left that i sent back with receipt so can't say what went wrong I was scared I'd overdose her trying to kill the fleas. I used frontline for many years loved it then i think the fleas got imune it was aweful my poor girl maggie and my house were infested after switching within a day or 2 major difference after a week they were under control
  Old  April 1st, 2011, 1:48pm     #15
Tricia316
Senior Master Sweeper

The drugs may be made in another country, but their standards may be different than ours. OR the website is just a warehouse that actually gets the drugs from some other source that may or may not be legit. An expose on "60 Minutes" the other week about human drug counterfitting was very eye opening. The people in charge of checking the drugs were amazed at how close the fake stuff was.

I have four pets, and I know how much it is going to cost them for regular care/food/meds. I will skip somewhere else in my budget to make sure they get legit meds.

Just my two cents.
Tricia

Practice Random Acts of Kindness!