Old  March 16th, 2008, 12:00am     #16
crackercrumb
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellenholder View Post

The funny thing is, last week they had a sale on pizza rolls 10 for $10 and I did the same thing and purchased 10 boxes of pizza rolls for $3.00 total. The cashier I had then was cool and impressed at my coupon smarts.

:
GOOD DEAL on the pizza rolls! I'd be impressed to if I were the cashier. I always love saving $.

MY BLOG: http://www.sirthriftalot.blogspot.com [updated: October 29th, 2012!]
  Old  March 16th, 2008, 12:14am     #17
Jellenholder
Master Sweeper

The Coupon Nazi's BOSS Has a CRIMINAL PAST!!
Yep the owner of this store has a criminal record. I was talking to my husband about things this evening and we decided "well lets find out who owns that store" Well the name of the store is "Seaway Market" and it is owned by a man named Eddie Aboona. We found his LLC papers and they are under the name of EDDI ABOONE. Right there that is a red flag for me. In the line of work I do, I just KNOW how to spot a FRAUD.

So I do a little digging and find out his REAL name is actually EDDIE ABOONA and has a criminal past which includes a "Seinfield type of pop can scam"

I will just post the link to one of the news stories I located with him being involved in this Pop can scam.. Interesting read http://cc.msnscache.com/cache.aspx?q...n-US&w=67917a5

So what do you all think about me standing outside his store "exposing" him? LOL
I dont think I would do it but I am soooo peeved about this whole thing. I knew that I smelled a rat!

"Even when I'm dead, they'll have a hell of a time nailing the coffin down"
  Old  March 16th, 2008, 12:20am     #18
bearbaby_26
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellenholder View Post
No the store is called Seaway Market. They took over when Farmer Jack went out of business here in Michigan. I heard that Seaway is a small chain that started in Ohio and only has a small amount of stores. I could be wrong on that though, I never researched it.

The manager was trying to argue the fact that because they double coupons up to .50 and I would be saving a $1.00 on each box he wouldnt be making a profit. He would loose money. OK if that is the case DONT have 10 for $10 sales on popular items that are sure to have coupons available. He also stated that the "coupon policy" was clearly stated at the customer service desk and in the circular. I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS IN THE CIRCULAR! And why would I be checking the customer service desk while I am at the store just getting some food for my family? The policy WAS NOT CLEARLY STATED! LOL

The funny thing is, last week they had a sale on pizza rolls 10 for $10 and I did the same thing and purchased 10 boxes of pizza rolls for $3.00 total. The cashier I had then was cool and impressed at my coupon smarts.

The sale on cheesy potatoes ends tommorrow and I DO plan on using the rest of my coupons. I refuse to let coupon Nazi get me down! I wish that I had 50 coupons so I could terrorize her and the manager all day tommorrow! LOL What are they going to do? Call the cops because I am using too many coupons!!
Ugh, sounds like Seaway stinks. I moved in 2004 when it was still Farmer Jacks. I didn't realize they had gone out of business. Weird, they just built a new one in Saline right before I moved.
Anyhow, I researched a bit. Seaway started as a small chain from Maumee, Ohio but is now part of a big conglomerate called Spartan Stores that in 2000 had revenues of $3.8 BILLION. I think we can safely assume they won't go bankrupt for accepting your coupons. I would definitely go back and take every darn coupon I had.
http://www.allbusiness.com/banking-f...6482265-1.html

When illusion spin her net, I'm never where I want to be. And liberty, she pirouette, when I think that I am free.
Albainn gu brąth
  Old  March 16th, 2008, 12:22am     #19
orangebuddy
Senior Sweeper

I don't like the word "nazi".

http://www.winzy.com/orangebuddy
  Old  March 16th, 2008, 12:27am     #20
Miki
Grand Master Sweeper

Coupons for me is difficult to come by unless I purchase them online, get them from others who are tossing them, etc. since they only drop off about 5 sunday papers to certain stores from the big cities and they sell out quickly.

Anyways, I have more problems using my free product coupons than anything. I try to save them up and go in when I do some shopping to fill up my freezer/cabinet more for nothing more than tax $$ on the coupons, helps a lot. Some people can be so rude when you use them and they don't believe you when you tell them they came directly from the manufacture. Walmart is the worst about it. Once, I took in about 10-15 free product coupons to Kroger and they were so impressed that they wanted to know how to get them also. We even got into sweeping and I think one of the cashiers actually joined under me here but, I don't know. I haven't heard about them or seen anything yet.

Anyhoo, some people will never fully understand how much coupons can help a family. If there is a limit I do as others have mentioned, I take my stuff to the car and come back in if they don't let me do 2 separate transactions. There is nothing they can do about that, you are a customer at 2 different times.

I just wish they doubled coupons here!

SWAGBUCKS
"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
  Old  March 16th, 2008, 12:39am     #21
Jellenholder
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearbaby_26 View Post
Ugh, sounds like Seaway stinks. I moved in 2004 when it was still Farmer Jacks. I didn't realize they had gone out of business. Weird, they just built a new one in Saline right before I moved.
Anyhow, I researched a bit. Seaway started as a small chain from Maumee, Ohio but is now part of a big conglomerate called Spartan Stores that in 2000 had revenues of $3.8 BILLION. I think we can safely assume they won't go bankrupt for accepting your coupons. I would definitely go back and take every darn coupon I had.
http://www.allbusiness.com/banking-f...6482265-1.html
Actually Seaway Marketplace is owned by Twin Value, LLC. As I looked into it more Seaway Food Town is seperate from Seaway Marketplace. I found out there are only 3 stores. 1 in Ohio and 2 in Michigan. Thank you so much for looking into this though

Old  March 16th, 2008, 12:59am     #22
tamiwami
Grand Master Sweeper

Recently, Albertsons has Sobe Vitamin Water on sale for $1 a bottle. My youngest son loves this stuff, so I told him to grab a few bottles for soccer practice and such (normally, a bottle is like $1.60).

We noticed that there was a .50 cent off sticker on the bottle, so we used it and each bottle turned out to be free because my Albertson's doubles coupons up to .50.

I decided to take advantage of this, so I went and got like 4 cases of the stuff. I stood there at the self checkout, used my coupons, and walked out of there with 4 cases of free Vitamin water. The cashier saw me do that and told me I was smart.

The store you went to sounds dumb. I would be annoyed. Good grocery stores would be happy you got a deal. I mean, it's not like your few boxes of potatos are going to break them financially. WOW! Bad business if you ask me.

"IF YOU CAN'T BE THE POET....BE THE POEM" - DAVID CARRIDINE
  Old  March 16th, 2008, 1:06am     #23
Jellenholder
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiwami View Post
Recently, Albertsons has Sobe Vitamin Water on sale for $1 a bottle. My youngest son loves this stuff, so I told him to grab a few bottles for soccer practice and such (normally, a bottle is like $1.60).

We noticed that there was a .50 cent off sticker on the bottle, so we used it and each bottle turned out to be free because my Albertson's doubles coupons up to .50.

I decided to take advantage of this, so I went and got like 4 cases of the stuff. I stood there at the self checkout, used my coupons, and walked out of there with 4 cases of free Vitamin water. The cashier saw me do that and told me I was smart.

The store you went to sounds dumb. I would be annoyed. Good grocery stores would be happy you got a deal. I mean, it's not like your few boxes of potatos are going to break them financially. WOW! Bad business if you ask me.
AWESOME deal and I am actually thinking about using the self checkout tommorrow......

Old  March 16th, 2008, 1:20am     #24
CheckedOut
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebuddy View Post
I don't like the word "nazi".
how about the coupon bushy , lol

yeah, definitely find the non-career checkers when checking out (usually the teens or part timers). but try to avoid new employees cuz then they will ask on everything.

ive actually had good luck at target with coupons, but they dont double..
  Old  March 16th, 2008, 1:44am     #25
CalicoGirl
Master Sweeper

I like coupons and coupon saving stories. Here is mine. I had a Rx that I needed to refill and I found a coupon for a $30 gift card for Longs Drugs. So I go there last Saturday and get my refill and the $30 GC for transfering the Rx. Then I found another ad for a $25 gift card at CVS. So I went there today (CVS) and transferred the Rx again and got my $25 GC. So all in all, I made $55 off my Rx that I needed anyway. I have done this one other time with a different Rx and Rite Aid. I just love getting free stuff and stretching my money!
  Old  March 16th, 2008, 2:02am     #26
Curr4001
Master Sweeper

At one time we had an Albertson's and they would occasionally triple the coupons. I went in one day and paid about $50 for $150 worth of purchases. The people behind me in line were so cool about it because the poor cashier had to swipe each coupon 3 times so it took forever.
Everyone was really impressed - then Albertson's left town and no one even doubles coupons any more.
  Old  March 16th, 2008, 2:14am     #27
mygoodcents
Senior Sweeper

I coupons too!

That's funny so many of you say go to a teenager because my husband laughs at me but I scan all the cashiers before I check out... I always have a load of coupons and I want the least possible hassle... and it's true the younger the better...

The Kroger store here is called Ralphs... I love Ralphs because they double coupons up to $1.00... we can use as many of the same coupons as we want BUT they will only double the first one... so if there is a really great deal, like free I would have to make several trips through the line... Vons (our Safeway) is the same way with the coupons.

I spend next to nothing for groceries (besides fruits and veggies), household, and personal items... Coupons are great!

Win cash with me at Instant Cash Sweepstakes
Join Big Crumbs to earn cash back on your online purchases plus your referrals purchases!
  Old  March 16th, 2008, 2:49am     #28
inspiringmind
Senior Master Sweeper

KMart seems to have these fab deals. Lots of $10 for $10 mix and match and really good deals on other stuff. But then they put these crazy low limits on them. (Limit of 2 or 4) Hubby and I do our shopping when the kids are in school so we have split up and gone as separate customers to be able to get the deal with more of whatever it is that is on sale. It drives me crazy though. Why have a sale and then put a limit on how many you can buy? Isn't the whole point to sell more of that item even if it is at the lower price?
  Old  March 16th, 2008, 3:21am     #29
connie123
Master Sweeper

Red face
My husband George does all of the house food shopping, and I can't tell you how happy I do not have to do it!!
  Old  March 16th, 2008, 3:21am     #30
crackercrumb
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspiringmind View Post
KMart seems to have these fab deals. Lots of $10 for $10 mix and match and really good deals on other stuff. But then they put these crazy low limits on them. (Limit of 2 or 4) Hubby and I do our shopping when the kids are in school so we have split up and gone as separate customers to be able to get the deal with more of whatever it is that is on sale. It drives me crazy though. Why have a sale and then put a limit on how many you can buy? Isn't the whole point to sell more of that item even if it is at the lower price?
Like everything else, "a few bad apples" ruined it all. Stores only ship so much of one item for a sale, & if there was no limit, customers would be buying by the 10's & there wouldn't be enough left for other customers who came later in the week. This, then, would piss off the customer who wasn't able to take advantage of the sale for whatever reason & start going elsewhere for their products. At the stores near my house, they only put out a certain amount everyday & if they run out during the evening, there is usually more in the morning.

MY BLOG: http://www.sirthriftalot.blogspot.com [updated: October 29th, 2012!]