Old  November 7th, 2007, 3:33pm     #1
MrBigShoes
Junior Sweeper

PCH Lotto is a sham?
I've played the PCH Daily $1 million Lotto almost every day for years now. A couple of weeks ago I saw on their website's results page that I had correctly matched the seven winning numbers for the previous day's drawing. Later that day, after I'd sent them an e-mail asking about the results, I found that the results for the drawing in question had changed. I've made numerous requests for an explanation, each without the courtesy of a reply from their customer service people. I am posting my experience, here and everywhere else I can find, to let the public know that I believe that the PCH Lotto is a fraud and a sham that seems to be rigged to prevent there ever being a winner. No one should bother playing or wasting their time clicking on any of their advertising.
  Old  November 28th, 2007, 2:26pm     #2
MrBigShoes
Junior Sweeper

My other reason for posting here is that I was wondering if anyone else had a similar experience with PCH Lotto where a prize was won but they didn't pay. I'm also wondering if anyone knew if their jackpot has ever actually been won. Thanks.
  Old  November 28th, 2007, 4:47pm     #3
nekkidfish
Master Sweeper

I steer away from them because of all the crap they send you. It just isn't worth it to me.

HUGz and GL! Jules

Today is the day to live! Yesterday is gone, and I cannot change it. Tomorrow is not yet here, nor do I know if it will come.

Therefore, let me make the most of today.
  Old  November 30th, 2007, 5:57pm     #4
elittle2004
Senior Master Sweeper

The PCH Lotto is a sham. The odds of wining anything from them is astronomical. You will have better odds winning something from the Powerball/state lottery than you have of winning a prize from PCH. Plus they send out spam, unwanted phone calls and a ton of junk mail.
  Old  December 1st, 2007, 10:53am     #5
eileenfar
Senior Master Sweeper

another bad experience
Very soon after it was introduced I was a "winner." But they claimed they hadn't meant to release any winning messages that soon as they claimed it was still in Beta, so they sent a "so sorry." Evidently I wasn't the only one and somebody offered to take their azzez to court, so they sent an email offering some supposedly $200-valued substitute prize.

I never accepted it. Perhaps I should have but I was very unwilling to sign the release they wanted for the "$200" alternate. Possibly I could still find the email but my recollection is there was a choice of 3 or 4 non-name brand objects in lieu of $5,000. I've never felt the same about PCH since. Haven't bought from them since or wasted time at their site, either.

Never meant to issue a win pretty much says it all.
  Old  December 7th, 2007, 6:37pm     #6
MrBigShoes
Junior Sweeper

Thanks to all for the info. And still no reply from PCH. As soon as we find out where they're incorporated, for jurisdictional purposes, we'll send a demand letter and threaten to sue for fraud. We don't plan to let them off the hook.
  Old  December 10th, 2007, 7:38am     #7
roxsthunder
Junior Sweeper

Angry Yes PCH lotto is a scam!
I have had the same eperience.... I played PCH lotto daily for about 6 months and they posted small point wins all the time ,then in early sept. i received the email showing I had won 2000 points ! Yes! enough to redeem for something ,well it didn't get posted ! and surprise surprise, every email I sent over the next 2 months was ignored and I sent at least 6 to all different departments on theier website. They SUCK
  Old  December 26th, 2007, 8:48am     #8
dtaylor98
Master Sweeper

I have been unable to play PCH Lotto for months. I guess they don't want me to play. Whenever I go to their site there are no banners on the right to click. At first I thought it was my computer. But I have also tried on my work computer with the same results. So I have had no choice but to give up on them.

Last edited by dtaylor98; December 26th, 2007 at 8:53am. Reason: typo
  Old  January 25th, 2008, 6:33pm     #9
outwardspace
Master Sweeper

PCH throws your entries in the trash.
I watched and read a follow-up on a new show that showed how PCH threw thousands of snail mail entries into the trash. It turns out they were pulling one massive scam. When the got caught, they blamed it on some poor office guy and made a lame apology. I never trusted them before and I certainly never trusted them for one second after that fiasco. Beware. They are pit bulls.
  Old  April 19th, 2008, 3:03pm     #10
MrBigShoes
Junior Sweeper

Thanks for all the info. I still have not seen a reply from them, so we're proceeding with legal action. Fraud, unfair and deceptive trade practices, the whole bit. I'll let you all know what happens....
  Old  September 9th, 2008, 9:27pm     #11
fayefaye5
Master Sweeper

how has your process been with the legal action?

Schmargle Blargle Foomilargle
  Old  September 9th, 2008, 10:03pm     #12
john1948
Master Sweeper

Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigShoes View Post
Thanks for all the info. I still have not seen a reply from them, so we're proceeding with legal action. Fraud, unfair and deceptive trade practices, the whole bit. I'll let you all know what happens....
You want to file a report with the FTC
  Old  September 24th, 2008, 10:49am     #13
BeautifulPromise2621
Master Sweeper

Before I started online sweeping I wasted stamps sending back the mail-in forms. What crap.