Old  October 16th, 2006, 3:01pm     #1
msbabedoll
Master Sweeper

Sweeper Profiles - Keep the Faith!
I thought it would be fun to do some profiling on some of us sweepers for the newer ones and also those who are in a rut. I Find it inspiring to read about other sweepers, how they got started, their win history and how they do it. So I'll start it out:

HOW DID YOU GET STARTED SWEEPSTAKING?

Well, almost one year ago I got bored at work and found the Old navy Instant win game oniine, I registered and spun the wheel and before I knew what was going on a screen popped up that said "CONGRATULATION YOU'VE WON $50.00 CASH" Well at first I was like, YEAH RIGHT!" and then the confirmation screen came up and I was like OH Maybe this is for real!! And from that point on I was hooked! I found Online_sweepstakes and joined right away.

What prizes have you won?

Well my biggest prize so far has been a Redhead hunting suit worth 400.00. My favorite and most usefull win has been my XM roady. I've won gift cards, itunes downloads, T-shirts, hats, shoes, coupons for free stuff, video games, DVD's, CD's Movie tickets, the list just goes on and on and all this in less than a year!

How many sweeps do you enter and how much time do you spend?

Well I try to enter all my dailys at LEAST every other day, but if I can get to them everyday I try to. I spend about two hours or so a day entering sweeps and I do try some to enter mail ins too.

Do you have any tips?

The only tips I can give is to enter at different times of the day, especially on your instants. And try not to get discouraged. Always keep in mind that no matter how long you do this, if your persistant YOU WILL WIN, eventually!

Wins I have yet to win that I really want?

I REALLY want a digital camera and a trip for the whole family. I'd LOVE to take my kids to Disney World.
  Old  October 16th, 2006, 3:13pm     #2
CathyVeester
Grand Master Sweeper

I actually started sweeping more than 25 years ago.
I got started by entering and winning a department store drawing - a trip to Las Vegas (all expenses paid). Then that got me started on snail mails - I won lots of prizes including a trip to The Netherlands - a $1000 Tiffany GC and much more.
I got on three game shows and won a lot of prizes/money but then for some reason I decided to take a 20 year vacation. Been back at it for four years now.

During my early years, I won thousands of dollars worth of prizes/cash on the 3 game shows.
Trips to LV/The Netherlands and the $1000 Tiffany GC. Many smaller prizes, too.

Over the past four years, I won a diamond pendant, a jeans wardrobe, a Netflix GC, Regis Hairsalon GC and many small prizes that I have enjoyed.

I enter a very small, select # of sweeps - and only for items I really want to win.
I spend about 30 minutes a day (max) on online sweepstakes (no snails). I just don't have the time or inclination to enter any more than that.

Do you have any tips?

If you (a) do not plan to spend hours a day as an avid sweeper OR (b) are not especially lucky - keep your expectations realistic about winning online sweepstakes. LOTS OF COMPETITION!

Try snails - and contests - better odds.

Either decide you are going to be a real committed sweeper and spend hours a day at it (as many do) OR just enjoy yourself by entering as little or much as you have time or inclination to do. Have fun at it.

A Spa trip, SUV Crossover, HGTV Dream Home and an IPOD for my DD.

Old  October 16th, 2006, 3:20pm     #3
jofo3511
Grand Master Sweeper

I started to sweep through a freebie site after I said I would never go there. I started the instants first and won a snuggle bear. Then I was hooked & found OLS.

TV, poratable dvd player, i-Pod, mp 3 player, gift cards, cash, trip to the sweepstakes convention, books, dvds, cd's and the list goes on.

I do my instants everyday but lately do not sweep too much( few times a week) & never do dailys . Some sweeps that I would like to win I bookmark.

Do you have any tips?

Keep entering and don't get discouraged. You'll win when you least expect it.

Stay out of the OLS forums, they are easily addicting. The higher your post count the less sweeping you'll get done like me.

Family vacation, alot of cash, kitchen remodel

Old  October 16th, 2006, 3:29pm     #4
Rokki
Grand Master Sweeper

luvey (a current member) and I had become good friends for a couple years on another website (we played literati together). Well in Yahoo games, there is a chat section, and we would be playing in tournaments, and luvey would type in chat, OMG UPS is here, or I got "such and such" today in the mail, it was a great mail day. Af first I didn't take her serious, but finally she talked me into coming over and trying it out and I have been here ever since.

Grand Prizes - 1 - A National Geographic trip to Machu Picchu, Peru (with 9 other OLS'ers) One of my all time favorite vacations

Other prizes include 2 iPods, HEB gift cards (4), jackets, retail gift cards (Apple store, TJ Maxx, others), Brawny paper towels (huge box ) t-shirts, CD's, movies, free food items etc etc

I have approximately 250 dailies, but never do them all. I am a week behind at the moment with the new sweeps. My time here varies quite a bit, depending on how bored I am in real life.

Do you have any tips?

Stay out of the forums and sweep instead, it seems like the biggest winners in the HoF subforum often have relatively few posts.

- Football related trip win (ESPN Gameday guest, College Bowl trip, Super Bowl trip etc.)
- TV Show trip (A sweep that includes a guest spot on a show, or a day of seeing it filmed, or tickets to a TV talk show)
- Hawaii Trip
  Old  October 16th, 2006, 3:30pm     #5
tamiwami
Grand Master Sweeper

My profile....

I saw an Oprah show about a lady who made a living doing this, so I started. This was about 8 years ago. I did it for 2 years/won barely anything/got burned out and stopped. I just started again 14 months ago and have won MANY things.

Loads of things. However, my favorites have been a NASCAR trip to Detroit where I rode in a pace car and met Adam Sandler; an autographed baseball signed by Roger Clemons; and just recently, an IPOD Shuffle for my son.

I do sweeps every single day (online only, no snails as I hate to deal with paper). I have about 90 dailies and do the new ones that come out each day as well.

Do you have any tips?

Just don't give up too easily. It takes time. Be patient.

Money, a car, electronic items for the kids, a guitar.

"IF YOU CAN'T BE THE POET....BE THE POEM" - DAVID CARRIDINE
  Old  October 16th, 2006, 3:37pm     #6
okibrat
Master Sweeper

i started out as a freebie hunter when i got my computer in 1998. i soon found that there were lots of upstart sites having contests as promotion so i started entering when i saw ones with prizes i wanted.

a dvd player, a dishwasher, a gold coin, $1000 crate and barrel g.c., my ds won a trip to baseball camp this year, and lots of t shirts, some video games, some movies, a number of different gc's, books, toys, makeup,etc.

i usually have about 6 pages of dailies, and i try to enter them most days--takes me about 30-40 minutes. i try and keep it right around there for dailies so i don't burn out on them.

Do you have any tips?

enter only for the stuff you really want...otherwise you waste time entering for stuff that you might win and not like. and just keep entering!

would love to win an ipod, any one of the newer video game systems(nintendo wii, xbox 360, even a ds lite!), a nice big tv and home theater system! ooh, and CASH! cash is good!
  Old  October 16th, 2006, 3:39pm     #7
kaiminani
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbabedoll

I saw and ad for a sweep that led me to EZ Sweeps so I joined there and won $50 which was really cool but the site led to too much spam so I went searching on the web and found OLS which was a much cooler site.

My biggest prize I actually didn't find on OLS. It was a $200.00 gc to a beading site that I use to buy beads. Here my biggest prize was a diamond heart necklace from Lucky Magazine. Otherwise a lot of small but fun stuff: soup bowls, face cream, a heart monitor for my hubby, a lithograph, mmmmm candy.

I spend maybe an hour a day on sweeps. I only enter for things I really want and am willing to pay taxes on. Right now I am focusing on appliances and stuff to help build/outifit my new house. Cash is ALWAYS good. Or things I could use as gifts for my family.

Do you have any tips?
Just patience and enter, enter, enter

I really want a new stove and refridgerator. Plus the perennial favorite - CASH!!!!
  Old  October 16th, 2006, 3:48pm     #8
dovie
Senior Master Sweeper

I have always been lucky at those boxes in the market where you drop in the entry forms so I've done that for several years. Now that I have found online this is my hobby.

Trips, cash, gc's, gift baskets, food, clothes, toys, household goods and I am super lucky with electronics- phones, ipods, mp3 players, gaming things for my kids, tvs and the like.

This varies for me. I don't enter when I don't feel like it or when the kids are on vacation or anything- if it feels too much like work I want no part of it. That being said sometimes I get in a mood and can sit here for a few hours going through and getting really excited about all the different things you can win. I didn't enter for 7 months except 5 times for the dream home in Jan and still have racked up a nice selection of prizes for this year.

Do you have any tips?
If it isn't fun, it's not worth it. Don't waste time entering for prizes you don't want or can't use as gifts. Read and follow the rules. I am grateful for everything good in my life, including wins and I think the more you appreciate the more you are given to appreciate. Sweeping is a fun enjoyable hobby with a potential for payoff, but if you are desperate for money, this is not the best way to get it as there are no guarantees.

Jeep or Mustang Convertible, backyard makeover, the dream house would be nice, and the new game systems for my kiddos- oh and a gaming computer, a laptop for mom, a trip to the wsop for dh and like everyone else, cash lots and lots of cash would be just fabulous. I know how greedy this sounds but it is not like I want to take from anyone else, or for someone else to have less or not win, just things I would like. We have been through our years of hard times with humongous medical bills and no child support and truly apprecaite the big things and the small in our lives

MY LOONYVERSE
TIPS ON WINNING
  Old  October 16th, 2006, 3:50pm     #9
rebel2003
Master Sweeper

It all started when I was 10 years old and won a local radio contest. I started sweeping as a pure hobby in 1996 when I won a Games Magazine T Shirt. I was hooked.

Tons of t shirts, hats, CDs, video games, gas cards, gift cards. Big ticket items include a home theater system(no TV) trip to Holland to play poker, London to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Houston for the Super Bowl, and Spain in about 2 weeks from now. I have also won $10,000 from Iwon.com.

I spend about 1 hour a day entering dailies. I usually mail out my mail ins about twice a week.

Do you have any tips?

Yes, I have a few. Local sweeps are key. I have won my three European trips through local sweeps as well as my trip to the Super Bowl. Also, be patient. People think that by being here you will win automatically. It will happen.

Well, there are a few things. I would love to win a trip to someplace warm to take my SO, I would love to win a trip to Japan. A Plasma TV and a car would top my list.

Jason Block
  Old  October 16th, 2006, 3:55pm     #10
Luana2sea
Master Sweeper

Talking
When I was 11 I won radio call ins for record in the 80's I have been a sweeper for 30 years.

I also saw how my grandparents won all the time! So It runs in our family.

We have the can do attitude!
  Old  October 16th, 2006, 4:05pm     #11
liaisanangel
Senior Sweeper

Talking

About two-three years ago I started sweeping online through this site. Before that I would occasionally do snail mail entries from magazines or enter local sweeps through drop-off boxes.

Trip to NYC, cell phone, cds and dvds, giftcards, toys. I haven't won alot but it is the small surprise wins that keep me going.

I don't keep count. Some days I sweep, some days I don't. The days that I do I might dedicate a half hour to hour. To me, it is a nice hobby or more like an escape...

Do you have any tips?

Have fun entering!

Automobile, cash, trip for my entire family
  Old  October 16th, 2006, 4:14pm     #12
KylesArmyWife
Grand Master Sweeper

My MIL has been a member of this site for a while & got me addicted to OLS.

An 8day, 7night trip for 2 to London, A Brittany Murphy DVD Prize pack ($150) & A LOT more stuff

I have 98 dailies, and 552 sweeps total. I spend 2 hours sweeping a day.

Do you have any tips?

Do not give your hopes up. Keep entering - keep trying!!

HDTV, HGTV House!!
  Old  October 16th, 2006, 4:17pm     #13
brushes
Senior Master Sweeper

Mrs
I started out on I Won (stay away as it is a spyware nightmare) and figured there must be more sweepstakes online so I did a search and Whamo! I was overwhelmed by it. I started out on Huron online then and entered sweeps every day. I won a trip right away and have been hooked for almost 9 years now.

Lots but my favs have to be my ps2 and xbox 360 with a flat screen tv.
It varies from day to day but about 250 dailys and 100 weekly or so, monthly about 50 i guess. I spend as much time as it takes to enter every day. Before robo I used to hunt and peck and it took at least 8 hours every day.

Do you have any tips?
Several, unless you are dedicated and enter reguarly don't bother. Enter for what you really want for you and family. READ RULES!!!! very important. Don't get discouraged as it takes time to win but you will if you enter regularly. BE ORGANIZED! pick a time that you can spend mostly uninterupted, do weekly and monthly on certain days. Save all win notices in your e-mail for future refference if needed. I have a folder for my wins so they don't get misplaced.
HAPPY SWEEPING!!!!

Large cash,car,house and a ps3 would be awsome!

Every day Obama is president it is one day
closer to when he is not. To know him is to dislike him.
  Old  October 16th, 2006, 4:23pm     #14
*Harriett*
Senior Master Sweeper

I had entered a contest with an email entry for a autographed magazine. That is my first prize that I can remember winning. But i still didn't pick up sweeping as a hobby until i joined OLS in August of 2005. At first i just found it as a way to kill time at work (i am a secretary/office asst.). Then I came to realize that this was tge real deal and there are millions of prizes to be won. I was hooked. Costs nothing to enter and the prizes are too good. I figure if every one else can win, why not me.
I don't think i would be the avid sweeper that I am if it was not for OLS and all the great people here! The forums are great!

Check out my win list on my siggie.
I have been very blessed!

I do my instants and daily prize drawing sweeps everyday. Make sure to catch the new ones and expiring ones. I am down doing my dailies only about once a week. I do all of my weekly and monthlies when the time come. It varies.
I am not a snailer unless the odds are good.

Do you have any tips?
Don't give up and think positive. Patience is definately the key.
Dream Big!
Luck comes in spouts.
Try changing up your entry times.
Visit the forums often to see what people are saying. Also making frineds and posting often makes it more enjoyable.
If you are getting burn out, put it down and come back in a few days. Don't try too much too often. Find a number and spend an amount of time that works for you.
Be organized with your wins, I keep a spreadsheet.

A huge cash prize (car/house)
Plasma TV.

Old  October 16th, 2006, 4:26pm     #15
Miki
Grand Master Sweeper

I have always entered offline drawings at local stores, radio stations etc. I have also always been addicted to lottery scratchers. A few years ago I started looking for sweeping online and found this site, I didn't enter very often but, eventually started entering more often and about 6 months of semi-solid online sweeping I won a $50 Blockbuster GC. I became very serious about sweeping and this has been my hobby since.

Ipod mini, vegas trip (traded for $1000 cash option since it was offered to me), A car (I had to sell it so would love to win one I could keep!), small GC's, and various other prizes I have really enjoyed winning. I get a thrill over any win! All of my wins have been instants except for the vegas trip, DVD, and a pair of movie tickets.

I don't spend as much time as I use to on sweeps because i try to spend less time online while my kids and dh is home. While online I do enter all of the instant win games, some dailies, etc. I try not to go overboard on daily sweeps because I get burned out easy on them.

Do you have any tips?
Just keep entering! Don't give up, it takes awhile for most people to start winning anything.

Several lol, currently I really want to win some amazon GC's, a vehicle I could keep, GC's to stores for xmas gifts or groceries, and so many more.

Goodluck to all!!

SWAGBUCKS
"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley