Old  May 23rd, 2020, 3:32pm     #106
plazamama
Senior Master Sweeper

We're never going to see new cases decrease until everybody takes this seriously. My state has seen over eleven hundred deaths in just a couple months. That's a 1.3% death rate. There is still no change in the trend of new cases rising. Our gov started allowing certain businesses to operate with restrictions, and getting ready to go into phase 2. I hope it's not too soon, like some states have seen spikes in new cases after lifting restrictions. 100,000 American families are grieving alone the unexpected losses. I wish some people would just grow up and think about somebody besides themselves for 15 minutes. Such a waste.

"All You Need Is Love"

Lennon-McCartney
  Old  May 23rd, 2020, 4:25pm     #107
Peachesncream887
Sweeper

Our state has re-opened all retail with restrictions. The store parking lots are so packed it looks busier than a normal day in May. Looks like it is Christmas time. I am going to continue what I am doing by only going out for necessities, ordering what I can online, not seeing family, etc. I may have to return to work in retail though
  Old  May 23rd, 2020, 4:35pm     #108
plazamama
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachesncream887 View Post
Our state has re-opened all retail with restrictions. The store parking lots are so packed it looks busier than a normal day in May. Looks like it is Christmas time. I am going to continue what I am doing by only going out for necessities, ordering what I can online, not seeing family, etc. I may have to return to work in retail though
sorry to hear that. I feel so bad for people who have to work. I once cashiered in a grocery store, and I would get some serious infection every year, like bronchitis, or flu, or sinusitis. I had thought grocery stores were very clean places, but learned they are not. People will cough right in your face, they will take merchandise out of their teething babies' mouth and hand it to you to ring up. Kids would lick cart handles and edge of checkout counter. ick. But I guess you know all about it lol. And so many people are not taking any special precautions. New cases are still trending upward.

"All You Need Is Love"

Lennon-McCartney
  Old  May 24th, 2020, 2:09pm     #109
judyv01510
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnybrook View Post
I had thought that even before the virus, that there were just to many stores in this world , just to darn many. I just do not think that it evens out, seems like it is that we have more stores than people can shop at. Basically there is a pharmacy, Hair Salon, nail salon, clothing store, bank, etc. on every corner. I am sorry to see some stores shut down but some should have long ago, when I went into JCPenny, there would be so few people there, and I love to shop there. I just think so stores that have been in trouble of a long time have taken this crises the opportunity to just go ahead and shut down.
Maybe if we close stores the credit card debit will go down and people would get back to necessities. No need for this consumerism. I had hopes that this pandemic would reset the nations priorities. But nope. Still out there mobbing the stores without masks, shoulder to shoulder. Selfish society.
  Old  May 24th, 2020, 3:30pm     #110
plazamama
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by judyv01510 View Post
Maybe if we close stores the credit card debit will go down and people would get back to necessities. No need for this consumerism. I had hopes that this pandemic would reset the nations priorities. But nope. Still out there mobbing the stores without masks, shoulder to shoulder. Selfish society.
Yes. For a lot of people today, shopping has become a lot more than acquiring the things we need. When this started, my friend was not happy about it, he is a very get out and go person. Ever the optimist, he told me he thought that this break would change peoples' behaviors in positive ways. He was thinking more along the lines of the consumerism and instant gratification giving the environment a break, and when people saw the positive changes, they would modify behavior. I, being a realist, told him nope, it won't change anybody's behavior. They'll just be champing at the bit, rushing to return to all the old behaviors. Since then, I've been proven correct. Some people want to be able to continue as before, even refusing to mask, such a simple thing to do to reduce risk to all. I have seen a lot of people in my town stepping up, though, making sure people are eating, getting help with rent, and getting what they need.

"All You Need Is Love"

Lennon-McCartney
  Old  August 1st, 2020, 11:04pm     #111
Rhozalea
Grand Master Sweeper

Dunkin Donuts is closing 600~800 stores

I cried because I had no shoes. Then I met a man who had no feet

Persian Proverb
  Old  August 12th, 2020, 7:07pm     #112
Rhozalea
Grand Master Sweeper

Goodbye Steinmart

GameStop

ATT closing MANY B&M stores

Pizza Hut

Last edited by Rhozalea; August 19th, 2020 at 4:45am. Reason: Additional

Persian Proverb
  Old  August 12th, 2020, 10:00pm     #113
CalicoGirl
Master Sweeper

I hate to say this, but come mid Nov things might go very poorly! Keeping my fingers crossed 🤞 for new leadership!
  Old  September 14th, 2020, 4:05pm     #114
Rhozalea
Grand Master Sweeper

Century 21 all 13 stores

The discount store, not the realtor

Persian Proverb
  Old  October 12th, 2020, 11:57am     #115
plazamama
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeHillo View Post
it's one thing when you see vacant storefronts and a completely different thing when your store is bankrupt. I lost my business due to the coronavirus, and to be honest, I still find it hard to believe.
I'm sorry to hear that.

"All You Need Is Love"

Lennon-McCartney
  Old  October 21st, 2020, 12:50pm     #116
judyv01510
Master Sweeper

I starting reading this thread in 2019. It started with all the store closings in real time,not pandemic times. Trumps claim that the pandemic is the cause of the economy failing is not correct. The economy, except for rich cornies, was failing at least a year before. Totally based on this thread, a history of failure.
  Old  October 22nd, 2020, 11:44am     #117
plazamama
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by judyv01510 View Post
I starting reading this thread in 2019. It started with all the store closings in real time,not pandemic times. Trumps claim that the pandemic is the cause of the economy failing is not correct. The economy, except for rich cornies, was failing at least a year before. Totally based on this thread, a history of failure.
He makes lots of false claims.

"All You Need Is Love"

Lennon-McCartney