Old  November 6th, 2018, 1:11pm     #1
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Ups
Had a pkg pick up from a company put in Friday and was told Friday or Monday.. so stayed home Friday.. no one.. Monday stayed by the house again.. no one!

I FB messaged UPS Monday night .. they needed the tracking # that I didn't have.. so I called the company this morning. They said it should have been picked up Monday and gave me the tracking number .. and to call them if no one picks it up today.

I sent the info to UPS .. they said to expect a call within an hour.. of course a call comes right away.. no UPS . so I extended the 1 hour time slot..

Finally got the call. No idea what happened, but now our UPS is coming from a different hub, so the label could have gotten mis-directed to the old hub!

So have to sit around tomorrow and wait again! She said not to worry if we aren't here, there is a 3 attempt pick-up on it. She said I could leave the pkg on the steps, but I don't feel right doing that unless it's cheap stuff.

Hoping the new driver finds us.. I had google maps corrected to our location when the forestry couldn't find us.. but I know everyone uses a different mapping system. Our zip covers 5 towns and google maps had us several miles east in another town.

It'll be interesting to see if we get early or late delivery now.. we used to get the truck at noon - could almost set our clock to it.. then 1:30 .. then the past year or so closer to 4:30 pm - which in the winter time becomes the dead of night darkness and difficult to pick up on dirt driveways!

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  November 7th, 2018, 6:56pm     #2
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Ugh! Still no UPS!!

They said wait until 8 PM . but this is getting ridiculous!

At least this will eventually get us on the radar so if I ever do win something that ships UPS, he'll know we exist!

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  November 7th, 2018, 11:31pm     #3
jas11563
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomar97 View Post
Ugh! Still no UPS!!

They said wait until 8 PM . but this is getting ridiculous!

At least this will eventually get us on the radar so if I ever do win something that ships UPS, he'll know we exist!
How far are you from their depot?

Trucks have to be back there by 8:30 unless they are on special shift, which is not normal pickup.

If you are an hour form the hub, the latest they can pick up is 7:25 - yes I know, I can tell time and add, but I am giving them time to pick up package, get it in truck, scan it and get out of driveway!
  Old  November 8th, 2018, 7:46am     #4
Ashook
Senior Master Sweeper

We get UPS packages transferred to USPS and they don't deliver so it's a 20 minute drive one way to pick it up (grrr) Is it possible it was transferred and is at your local USPS office?

Old  November 8th, 2018, 10:00am     #5
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas11563 View Post
How far are you from their depot?

Trucks have to be back there by 8:30 unless they are on special shift, which is not normal pickup.

If you are an hour form the hub, the latest they can pick up is 7:25 - yes I know, I can tell time and add, but I am giving them time to pick up package, get it in truck, scan it and get out of driveway!
It's over an hour from the hub .. It's probably about the same distance as the other hub was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashook View Post
We get UPS packages transferred to USPS and they don't deliver so it's a 20 minute drive one way to pick it up (grrr) Is it possible it was transferred and is at your local USPS office?
No, it was a label to pick up a package.

Well, he finally came around 6:20 last night. He had two labels, the original one which we determined went to the old hub and got forwarded to him, and the new one made up when I called Tuesday.

He worked with both labels.. gave me the stub of one .. and when I asked about the new route he said he's got two more towns further to the east of us. And went through a routine of how his route used to go this way but now he goes that way.. which sounds like he comes up north from his hub, then swings further north and east of us to the extreme east, then comes back to us.. so basically we are even further back on the delivery route!

He told me that UPS is trailering packages that are still going to the old hub to a point on his route for him to pick up.. I can imagine it will add a couple days for deliveries.

And now I look up the tracking number he gave me and it says UPS is awaiting package.. but the original tracking number says package is being returned to the shipper... but on my UPS calendar it only says delivered with no new dates or info.

Old  November 9th, 2018, 10:35am     #6
triple*eee
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
This has happened a lot to me. Frustrating.
  Old  November 9th, 2018, 2:17pm     #7
Ashook
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple*eee View Post
This has happened a lot to me. Frustrating.
It really is, and our slack off mail lady puts the slip in the box the day it is to be returned to sender..I have sent SO many complaints, I'm guessing they are related in some form so it gets ignored.. I'm at my whits end with it all..

Old  November 9th, 2018, 2:19pm     #8
Ashook
Senior Master Sweeper

Good grief-hope they get their shizzie together before Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomar97 View Post
It's over an hour from the hub .. It's probably about the same distance as the other hub was.

No, it was a label to pick up a package.

Well, he finally came around 6:20 last night. He had two labels, the original one which we determined went to the old hub and got forwarded to him, and the new one made up when I called Tuesday.

He worked with both labels.. gave me the stub of one .. and when I asked about the new route he said he's got two more towns further to the east of us. And went through a routine of how his route used to go this way but now he goes that way.. which sounds like he comes up north from his hub, then swings further north and east of us to the extreme east, then comes back to us.. so basically we are even further back on the delivery route!

He told me that UPS is trailering packages that are still going to the old hub to a point on his route for him to pick up.. I can imagine it will add a couple days for deliveries.

And now I look up the tracking number he gave me and it says UPS is awaiting package.. but the original tracking number says package is being returned to the shipper... but on my UPS calendar it only says delivered with no new dates or info.

Old  November 9th, 2018, 2:36pm     #9
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Good grief-hope they get their shizzie together before Christmas
Right! If he's here at 6:30 on a regular day, can you imagine on a busy day??

Well.. other than purchases, I think UPS might have come here once for a win this year, maybe.. we're lucky if we get them here once a month now.

Old  November 9th, 2018, 8:15pm     #10
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Well, I know where ours gets dropped of.. in the town next to us because our post office closes 11:30 daily.. and then it gets driven to our post office.. and they do deliver. It was late once because the carrier from the other town didn't deliver them to our post office one day. But USPS does deliver those surepost ones or whatever UPS calls them

Tracking is finally updated and we can see where the package is on it's way to the company!

Old  November 12th, 2018, 1:43am     #11
Miki
Grand Master Sweeper

Do you have a UPS store near you? I have a My Choice account, and I usually try to have packages routed to the nearest UPS store when I know they are coming. It is 15 miles away, but I would rather pick it up while I'm in town than it getting ruined by animals or the weather.

SWAGBUCKS
"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
  Old  November 12th, 2018, 12:57pm     #12
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miki View Post
Do you have a UPS store near you? I have a My Choice account, and I usually try to have packages routed to the nearest UPS store when I know they are coming. It is 15 miles away, but I would rather pick it up while I'm in town than it getting ruined by animals or the weather.
Nothing.. the only one I knew which was over an hour's drive isn't there anymore.. and basically a little further to the UPS hub.

We had a place that took FedEx pkgs 1/2 mile away and that's gone now too.. that's why my choice of shipping is USPS, USPS, USPS LOL!!

The rurals of the country stink for any amenities!

Old  November 12th, 2018, 1:47pm     #13
Barbg18
Sweeper

Usps
Yes USPS for me too love our daily pickup so easy and you don't have to leave the house!