Old  September 13th, 2018, 1:01am     #16
socisujo
Junior Sweeper

My puppies!
My babies are Saban & Earl. Saban is an Alaskan Sled Dog who just turned 6 & Earl is a ... well... I don't know exactly. She's some sort of terrier mixed with... something else. I don't know how old she is (vet guesses about 8). It doesn't matter. I love them both immensely.
  Old  September 13th, 2018, 9:02am     #17
Brittles
Master Sweeper

Loving all these stories. Glad to see so many with multiple pets. I will have one or more so long as I'm physically and mentally able to. The longest I've ever gone without one is about 3 months between a loss and getting a new pet and that time without is torture to me.

I know a few people who have lost a pet and never get another one because they either can't handle going through another loss or they were so attached to the animal they feel like they can't replace it and that's true. You aren't replacing a beloved pet when you welcome another one into your home and heart, you are just opening yourself up to a new relationship while still remembering, loving and missing the old one.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
  Old  September 13th, 2018, 9:30am     #18
lassss
Master Sweeper

my 2 luvbugs
Rosie (on the left) is a 13 yr old Staffordshire. She was rescued from a PA animal rescue and Bandit is a 3 yr old boxer/pit that was rescued from a DE animal rescue.

They are both quirky and so loveable. They play hard and sleep even harder. They follow me everywhere. Rosie knows every word I am saying and follows commands very well. She was diagnosed with Addison's disease and needs a shot ever 25 days. They are expensive but she is such a great dog that I don't care how much it costs, she is worth it. I rescued her in 2009

Rosie was named that because she is a red nosed pitty. Bandit looks like he is wearing a mask. His shelter name was Gambit but I didn't like that. He also likes to hide toys in his cage. Bandit always has to be touching me when we sit on the couch. He is either up against me or has a paw on me. I rescued him in 2016 to keep Rosie active
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1535282104802 - Copy.jpg (100.9 KB, 6 views)

PR Proud, My Wins
  Old  September 13th, 2018, 10:00am     #19
Brittles
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lassss View Post
Rosie (on the left) is a 13 yr old Staffordshire. She was rescued from a PA animal rescue and Bandit is a 3 yr old boxer/pit that was rescued from a DE animal rescue.

They are both quirky and so loveable. They play hard and sleep even harder. They follow me everywhere. Rosie knows every word I am saying and follows commands very well. She was diagnosed with Addison's disease and needs a shot ever 25 days. They are expensive but she is such a great dog that I don't care how much it costs, she is worth it. I rescued her in 2009

Rosie was named that because she is a red nosed pitty. Bandit looks like he is wearing a mask. His shelter name was Gambit but I didn't like that. He also likes to hide toys in his cage. Bandit always has to be touching me when we sit on the couch. He is either up against me or has a paw on me. I rescued him in 2016 to keep Rosie active
They both have such sweet faces!

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
  Old  September 13th, 2018, 10:04am     #20
SweepingBeauty
Grand Master Sweeper

Guess what I have...

Fighting Thyroid Cancer http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com....php?t=1248254
  Old  September 13th, 2018, 5:30pm     #21
lou51
Senior Sweeper

I have four cats that were taken in at different times as strays ! Love them all.Own my own house so there is room for them all but it is work but they bring a lot of fun to my life,There all females that vary in age from 3 years old two of them to 12 years old and they really don't get along that well LOL.Everyone wants to be the top boss !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180120_140045.jpg (86.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 20180805_135237.jpg (90.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 20171222_161046.jpg (96.2 KB, 11 views)

LJW
  Old  September 13th, 2018, 6:35pm     #22
judyv01510
Master Sweeper

This year has not been good for my fur babies. I lost my Bear in March. I found him in a ditch 16 yrs ago on Christmas Eve day. Needed the fire dept;s help to get him home. No Vet was available for 2 days. but the big lug wouldn't give up and loved me for another 16 yrs.
Then in June I lost Rex, a rescue from a breeding farm. He was paralyzed with eye infection, ear infection and kennel cough. I got him 3 weeks later as an emergency foster home. But still loved him for more than 15 years.

I , still, have a crazy dog, Maxine, also a rescue. She brightens my days with her antics. Maxine is only 7 and will hopefully be with me for the rest my my life.