Old  November 13th, 2017, 10:47am     #3466
Brittles
Master Sweeper

How I'm going to get through the next 7 weeks. Today would have been my dad's 95th birthday and it's the first one he's not here to celebrate. Having a tough time today and I don't even know how I'm going to get through Thanksgiving, Christmas, my birthday (which is the 1 yr. anniversary of his passing) and New Year's Eve. Especially when I don't expect my only family (brother and his wife and daughter) to be there for me.

Wish I could just snap my fingers and find myself already in 2018.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
  Old  November 13th, 2017, 5:15pm     #3467
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittles View Post
How I'm going to get through the next 7 weeks. Today would have been my dad's 95th birthday and it's the first one he's not here to celebrate. Having a tough time today and I don't even know how I'm going to get through Thanksgiving, Christmas, my birthday (which is the 1 yr. anniversary of his passing) and New Year's Eve. Especially when I don't expect my only family (brother and his wife and daughter) to be there for me.

Wish I could just snap my fingers and find myself already in 2018.
Holidays are going to be tough for me too this year after losing my husband. I know though that I have grandkids that are going to want to have a nice holiday season and that's what it keeping me focused and driven. Life goes on for the living.
  Old  November 13th, 2017, 7:16pm     #3468
Brittles
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcclave View Post
Holidays are going to be tough for me too this year after losing my husband. I know though that I have grandkids that are going to want to have a nice holiday season and that's what it keeping me focused and driven. Life goes on for the living.
I'm sorry that it will be tough for you too, glad you have the grandkids to focus on. When my mom passed 12 years ago my niece had just been adopted a month before, so it helped to have her to focus on that first year. But now I've got no relationship with her thanks to my brother and sister-in-law being jerks and I'll most likely be either all alone or with friends and their families.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
  Old  November 14th, 2017, 12:43am     #3469
cdengler
Senior Master Sweeper

Old  November 14th, 2017, 12:35pm     #3470
plazamama
Senior Master Sweeper

My sympathy to all who are mourning this year.
I know it just sounds like a flat over-used platitude, but it does get better as time passes.
  Old  November 14th, 2017, 2:10pm     #3471
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittles View Post
I'm sorry that it will be tough for you too, glad you have the grandkids to focus on. When my mom passed 12 years ago my niece had just been adopted a month before, so it helped to have her to focus on that first year. But now I've got no relationship with her thanks to my brother and sister-in-law being jerks and I'll most likely be either all alone or with friends and their families.
I'm sorry. Have you ever considered volunteering somewhere. Just about every city or town has a soup kitchen type place that puts on a big Thanksgiving dinner for the homeless or just people with no place to go. It can really give you a sense of purpose. Might be just what the doctor ordered.
  Old  November 15th, 2017, 3:24pm     #3472
dopey
Grand Master Sweeper

MY son has been walking to Wal-Mart every day for 2 weeks to see if the have any mini SNES's in stock and today after unsuccessfully trying to snag one online, he called and they have them in stock. Crossing my fingers and toes hoping he manages to walk down there and get one before they're all gone.

Last edited by dopey; November 15th, 2017 at 3:34pm. Reason: He got it. :)

https://ibotta.com/r/rztlcw
  Old  November 16th, 2017, 8:47am     #3473
LindaKay
Senior Sweeper

Christmas Swap
I just noticed that the deadline for signups for the Christmas Swap is Sunday the 19th - I love this swap and can't believe I came this close to missing it!
  Old  November 17th, 2017, 2:03pm     #3474
dopey
Grand Master Sweeper

Went to Walgreens to pick up a perscription, she said it would be ready in an hour and 45 minutes ( one pill). Walked around the grocery store for half an hour, now trying to sit at Starbucks for another 30 minutes before walking around the grocery store for another 30. Fun day.

Old  November 17th, 2017, 6:53pm     #3475
deborah62
Grand Master Sweeper

Got all my errands and chores done so will not have anything to do Saturday or Sunday
I like my job..the people are nice and I started out prepping parts for the 3 ladies who put all the parts together (there is a lot of parts) and build the printers..on Wednesday they put me over there to learn how to put them together.

What if the hokey pokey is what its all about?
  Old  November 18th, 2017, 1:08am     #3476
cdengler
Senior Master Sweeper

Old  November 18th, 2017, 11:30am     #3477
DKG514
Sweeper

What nonsense
Why do you always post stupid SMILIES ? Give it a rest !!

Donna
  Old  November 18th, 2017, 11:45am     #3478
QBookie
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG514 View Post
Why do you always post stupid SMILIES ? Give it a rest !!
I think members do that in order to increase the number of posts which are needed to become a Grand Master Sweeper.

Honey, Ain't Nothin' Ever Gonna Be Like It Was Before.
  Old  November 18th, 2017, 12:51pm     #3479
dopey
Grand Master Sweeper

I just now realized that Thansgiving is less than a week away. MY oldest and his family to up to Denver to spend the day with her family and my youngest will be working his first Thanksgiving and BF at Walmart. Doesn't really bother me having nothing to do, just makes me want to wait a little longer than usual to put up the tree.

Old  November 18th, 2017, 4:08pm     #3480
andee506
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post
MY son has been walking to Wal-Mart every day for 2 weeks to see if the have any mini SNES's in stock and today after unsuccessfully trying to snag one online, he called and they have them in stock. Crossing my fingers and toes hoping he manages to walk down there and get one before they're all gone.
I hope he gets lucky! I was checking in Walmart and,Game stop several times a week,and always missed any.After a month and a half, just out of habit, asked in electronics at Walmart the other day and she had 2 in back!! I about fell over. I almost bought them both in case anybody else in the family wanted one.But I decided not to because there were probably people trying hard to find one like I had been.