Old  July 15th, 2017, 5:03pm     #3151
MrsWW is online now
MrsWW
Master Sweeper
 
MrsWW's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,096
Location: Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborah62 View Post
Finally found a job,it is temp(through the company for 6 months with a chance to be hired on) it is for a company that tests products,I will be in the candle lab testing candles,it is 4 10 hour days and pays $13 hour and there is down time so I will not be on my feet all day,we can read books or whatever.
I am so relieved because I was denied for unemployment andthings were getting scary,I start tomorrow morning at 4:30 am.
Congratulations on the new job! You have got to love three day weekends!
Reply With Quote
  Old  July 15th, 2017, 5:10pm     #3152
deborah62 is offline
deborah62
Grand Master Sweeper
 
deborah62's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 22,586
Location: Buckeye Country
A little apprehensive too,hope they will give me longer than 4 and a half days to learn the job like the other job did.

What if the hokey pokey is what its all about?
Reply With Quote
  Old  July 15th, 2017, 11:06pm     #3153
CalicoGirl is offline
CalicoGirl
Master Sweeper
 
CalicoGirl's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,196
Location: The Wild West
I no sooner change the sheets on my bed and then Bella throws up on them! Also found a small dead frog in my bedroom!! Poor little guy. Not sure how he got there, but the heat was too much for him.
Reply With Quote
  Old  July 16th, 2017, 2:48pm     #3154
mcclave is offline
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper
 
mcclave's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 31,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBookie View Post
I wish I had your talent for posting beautiful things.
It isn't really a talent. I have come across things over the years that I like and have them saved on photobucket.
Reply With Quote
  Old  July 16th, 2017, 2:50pm     #3155
mcclave is offline
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper
 
mcclave's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 31,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborah62 View Post
Finally found a job,it is temp(through the company for 6 months with a chance to be hired on) it is for a company that tests products,I will be in the candle lab testing candles,it is 4 10 hour days and pays $13 hour and there is down time so I will not be on my feet all day,we can read books or whatever.
I am so relieved because I was denied for unemployment andthings were getting scary,I start tomorrow morning at 4:30 am.
Wow a job playing with fire. Sounds like my kind of thing!
Reply With Quote
  Old  July 16th, 2017, 2:52pm     #3156
mcclave is offline
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper
 
mcclave's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 31,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalicoGirl View Post
I no sooner change the sheets on my bed and then Bella throws up on them! Also found a small dead frog in my bedroom!! Poor little guy. Not sure how he got there, but the heat was too much for him.
OMG! Sounds like my house! Rudy is always trying to bring things in the house he catches outside like frogs, half eaten snakes etc.
Reply With Quote
  Old  July 16th, 2017, 3:15pm     #3157
sparkle8 is offline
sparkle8
Grand Master Sweeper
 
sparkle8's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,835
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
How is Happy doing Millie??

‎"A keen sense of humor helps us to overlook the unbecoming, understand the unconventional, tolerate the unpleasant, overcome the unexpected and outlast the unbearable." ~ Billy Graham
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Sparkle8 If I win, you win at Swagbucks!
Reply With Quote
  Old  July 16th, 2017, 6:05pm     #3158
MrsWW is online now
MrsWW
Master Sweeper
 
MrsWW's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,096
Location: Iowa
Stand by Me
I've always liked the movie Stand by Me. I wanted to watch it about a month ago so I searched both Netflix & Hulu. It wasn't on either. My daughter told me she had it on DVD and I could borrow it. I got about half way through it and it quit. I tried again, still the same results. I decided it was my DVD player when I couldn't even get another DVD to start. So I returned it to my daughter.

Today I was at my daughter's house. We were trying to decide what to watch when I suggested Stand by Me. Again, the movie stopped about in the same place! After several starts and stops, we got to watch a little bit more, but never quite made it to the end. I am so disappointed. I really wanted to see that movie!

Reply With Quote
  Old  July 16th, 2017, 8:13pm     #3159
sandyk is offline
sandyk
Senior Master Sweeper
 
sandyk's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,447
Location: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborah62 View Post
Finally found a job,it is temp(through the company for 6 months with a chance to be hired on) it is for a company that tests products,I will be in the candle lab testing candles,it is 4 10 hour days and pays $13 hour and there is down time so I will not be on my feet all day,we can read books or whatever.
I am so relieved because I was denied for unemployment andthings were getting scary,I start tomorrow morning at 4:30 am.
Yeah! Hope it works out and the people in the department are nice to work with.
Reply With Quote
  Old  July 16th, 2017, 8:51pm     #3160
deborah62 is offline
deborah62
Grand Master Sweeper
 
deborah62's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 22,586
Location: Buckeye Country
My sister's husband had one of his knees replaced a few months ago,it got infected and caused him trouble,one day last week his knee gave out and it was really bad,he lost his leg,just found out today.

What if the hokey pokey is what its all about?
Reply With Quote
  Old  July 16th, 2017, 9:34pm     #3161
mcclave is offline
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper
 
mcclave's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 31,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborah62 View Post
My sister's husband had one of his knees replaced a few months ago,it got infected and caused him trouble,one day last week his knee gave out and it was really bad,he lost his leg,just found out today.
That sucks. I'm sorry!

My SIL started out with a blister on her foot that wouldn't heal (diabetes) went on and on for a few years. First she lost a toe then half her foot then most recently her leg below the knee. Kept getting infection in the bone. They hope they took enough this time that it doesn't come back. She is having to try and get use to a prosthesis.

Infections are nothing to fool around with!
Reply With Quote
  Old  July 16th, 2017, 9:36pm     #3162
mcclave is offline
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper
 
mcclave's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 31,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsWW View Post
I've always liked the movie Stand by Me. I wanted to watch it about a month ago so I searched both Netflix & Hulu. It wasn't on either. My daughter told me she had it on DVD and I could borrow it. I got about half way through it and it quit. I tried again, still the same results. I decided it was my DVD player when I couldn't even get another DVD to start. So I returned it to my daughter.

Today I was at my daughter's house. We were trying to decide what to watch when I suggested Stand by Me. Again, the movie stopped about in the same place! After several starts and stops, we got to watch a little bit more, but never quite made it to the end. I am so disappointed. I really wanted to see that movie!

Sometimes all it takes is a good cleaning with a cotton ball and some alcohol.
Reply With Quote
  Old  July 18th, 2017, 3:30am     #3163
CalicoGirl is offline
CalicoGirl
Master Sweeper
 
CalicoGirl's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,196
Location: The Wild West
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcclave View Post
OMG! Sounds like my house! Rudy is always trying to bring things in the house he catches outside like frogs, half eaten snakes etc.
I didn't think about the dogs bringing it in. That makes me feel a bit better. I just wish I could have saved it!
Reply With Quote
  Old  July 18th, 2017, 10:27am     #3164
Cajun_Mum is offline
Cajun_Mum
Master Sweeper
 
Cajun_Mum's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,133
Location: Lafayette, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsWW View Post
I've always liked the movie Stand by Me. I wanted to watch it about a month ago so I searched both Netflix & Hulu. It wasn't on either. My daughter told me she had it on DVD and I could borrow it. I got about half way through it and it quit. I tried again, still the same results. I decided it was my DVD player when I couldn't even get another DVD to start. So I returned it to my daughter.

Today I was at my daughter's house. We were trying to decide what to watch when I suggested Stand by Me. Again, the movie stopped about in the same place! After several starts and stops, we got to watch a little bit more, but never quite made it to the end. I am so disappointed. I really wanted to see that movie!

Can you get it at your local library?

My wins
Reply With Quote
  Old  July 18th, 2017, 11:36am     #3165
Susan is offline
Susan
Senior Master Sweeper
 
Susan's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 5,441
Wondering how Deborah62 likes her new job. Fingers crossed!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:39am.