Old  July 15th, 2017, 12:01pm     #3151
deborah62
Grand Master Sweeper

Finally found a job,it is temp(through the company for 6 months with a chance to be hired on) it is for a company that tests products,I will be in the candle lab testing candles,it is 4 10 hour days and pays $13 hour and there is down time so I will not be on my feet all day,we can read books or whatever.
I am so relieved because I was denied for unemployment andthings were getting scary,I start tomorrow morning at 4:30 am.

What if the hokey pokey is what its all about?
  Old  July 15th, 2017, 2:18pm     #3152
QBookie
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by deborah62 View Post
Finally found a job,it is temp(through the company for 6 months with a chance to be hired on) it is for a company that tests products,I will be in the candle lab testing candles,it is 4 10 hour days and pays $13 hour and there is down time so I will not be on my feet all day,we can read books or whatever.
I am so relieved because I was denied for unemployment andthings were getting scary,I start tomorrow morning at 4:30 am.
I am so very happy for you.

Honey, Ain't Nothin' Ever Gonna Be Like It Was Before.
  Old  July 15th, 2017, 3:22pm     #3153
sparkle8
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Awesome Deborah!! Congrats!
Sounds like a fun job too.

‎"A keen sense of humor helps us to overlook the unbecoming, understand the unconventional, tolerate the unpleasant, overcome the unexpected and outlast the unbearable." ~ Billy Graham
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Sparkle8 If I win, you win at Swagbucks!
  Old  July 15th, 2017, 4:03pm     #3154
MrsWW
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Congratulations on the new job! You have got to love three day weekends!
  Old  July 15th, 2017, 4:10pm     #3155
deborah62
Grand Master Sweeper

A little apprehensive too,hope they will give me longer than 4 and a half days to learn the job like the other job did.

Old  July 15th, 2017, 10:06pm     #3156
CalicoGirl
Master Sweeper

I no sooner change the sheets on my bed and then Bella throws up on them! Also found a small dead frog in my bedroom!! Poor little guy. Not sure how he got there, but the heat was too much for him.
  Old  July 16th, 2017, 1:48pm     #3157
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBookie View Post
I wish I had your talent for posting beautiful things.
It isn't really a talent. I have come across things over the years that I like and have them saved on photobucket.
  Old  July 16th, 2017, 1:50pm     #3158
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Wow a job playing with fire. Sounds like my kind of thing!
  Old  July 16th, 2017, 1:52pm     #3159
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalicoGirl View Post
I no sooner change the sheets on my bed and then Bella throws up on them! Also found a small dead frog in my bedroom!! Poor little guy. Not sure how he got there, but the heat was too much for him.
OMG! Sounds like my house! Rudy is always trying to bring things in the house he catches outside like frogs, half eaten snakes etc.
  Old  July 16th, 2017, 2:15pm     #3160
sparkle8
Grand Master Sweeper

How is Happy doing Millie??

‎"A keen sense of humor helps us to overlook the unbecoming, understand the unconventional, tolerate the unpleasant, overcome the unexpected and outlast the unbearable." ~ Billy Graham
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Sparkle8 If I win, you win at Swagbucks!
  Old  July 16th, 2017, 5:05pm     #3161
MrsWW
Master Sweeper

Stand by Me
I've always liked the movie Stand by Me. I wanted to watch it about a month ago so I searched both Netflix & Hulu. It wasn't on either. My daughter told me she had it on DVD and I could borrow it. I got about half way through it and it quit. I tried again, still the same results. I decided it was my DVD player when I couldn't even get another DVD to start. So I returned it to my daughter.

Today I was at my daughter's house. We were trying to decide what to watch when I suggested Stand by Me. Again, the movie stopped about in the same place! After several starts and stops, we got to watch a little bit more, but never quite made it to the end. I am so disappointed. I really wanted to see that movie!

Old  July 16th, 2017, 7:13pm     #3162
sandyk
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Yeah! Hope it works out and the people in the department are nice to work with.
  Old  July 16th, 2017, 7:51pm     #3163
deborah62
Grand Master Sweeper

My sister's husband had one of his knees replaced a few months ago,it got infected and caused him trouble,one day last week his knee gave out and it was really bad,he lost his leg,just found out today.

Old  July 16th, 2017, 8:34pm     #3164
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
My sister's husband had one of his knees replaced a few months ago,it got infected and caused him trouble,one day last week his knee gave out and it was really bad,he lost his leg,just found out today.
That sucks. I'm sorry!

My SIL started out with a blister on her foot that wouldn't heal (diabetes) went on and on for a few years. First she lost a toe then half her foot then most recently her leg below the knee. Kept getting infection in the bone. They hope they took enough this time that it doesn't come back. She is having to try and get use to a prosthesis.

Infections are nothing to fool around with!
  Old  July 16th, 2017, 8:36pm     #3165
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsWW View Post
I've always liked the movie Stand by Me. I wanted to watch it about a month ago so I searched both Netflix & Hulu. It wasn't on either. My daughter told me she had it on DVD and I could borrow it. I got about half way through it and it quit. I tried again, still the same results. I decided it was my DVD player when I couldn't even get another DVD to start. So I returned it to my daughter.

Today I was at my daughter's house. We were trying to decide what to watch when I suggested Stand by Me. Again, the movie stopped about in the same place! After several starts and stops, we got to watch a little bit more, but never quite made it to the end. I am so disappointed. I really wanted to see that movie!

Sometimes all it takes is a good cleaning with a cotton ball and some alcohol.