Old  May 18th, 2017, 2:42pm     #2881
MrsWW
Master Sweeper

The doctor released me to drive again and no more support hose!

Well that's until surgery for my second knee on June 1 but I'm still happy!

Old  May 18th, 2017, 2:44pm     #2882
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsWW View Post
What kind of bird is she?
Female Cardinal
  Old  May 18th, 2017, 2:45pm     #2883
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsWW View Post
The doctor released me to drive again and no more support hose!

Well that's until surgery for my second knee on June 1 but I'm still happy!

Yeah!
  Old  May 18th, 2017, 5:18pm     #2884
sparkle8
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcclave View Post
Female Cardinal
She's too young to be on her own yet.

‎"A keen sense of humor helps us to overlook the unbecoming, understand the unconventional, tolerate the unpleasant, overcome the unexpected and outlast the unbearable." ~ Billy Graham
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Sparkle8 If I win, you win at Swagbucks!
  Old  May 18th, 2017, 6:08pm     #2885
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle8 View Post
She's too young to be on her own yet.
I have raised a lot of wild birds over the years and have only even had one other bird that acted like this, a male Mocking Bird and he was with me for years till he passed away. Just didn't want to go at all. I would let him go and he would come back demanding to come into the apartment. I lived in an upstairs apartment then and didn't have cats or dogs that would try and get him.

I have a large yard now and cats and a dog that would like nothing more than to get hold of this bird and kill it. I'm going to have to be very creative to make sure that doesn't happen. I'm going to train her to go to a small cage high up where nothing can get to her. I will keep food and water in there in case I'm not outside. Door open all the time so she can come and go.

Meanwhile I will keep bringing her into the house. She is starting to eat seed on her own now but still hasn't figured out how to crack the sunflower seeds open which are a Cardinal's favorite.

Today when all this was going on there was a full grown Male Cardinal that came down and was hopping around after Happy. I'm thinking it was the Daddy. I have seen the mama bird several times she always comes in close when she is outside in the cage and sits on top talking to her. Not sure where she was today.

Even though it is illegal for me to do this. I am suppose to call the wildlife rescue and they will come and pick her up BUT they haul her off somewhere and she gets released and has no hope of finding her family. This way she does. Like I said I have raised lots of them and I know what I'm doing and she will get better care and attention with me than she will an overburdened wildlife rescue.

I have been putting videos of Cardinals singing on the computer and Happy really loves that! LOL!
  Old  May 18th, 2017, 11:24pm     #2886
cdengler
Senior Master Sweeper

Old  May 19th, 2017, 9:11am     #2887
bigskwinner
Grand Master Sweeper

THINK ABOUT it for amoment

cats

they prob think humans are needy....soon as we see them we want to touch them or pet them.....they have such soft fur (unlike most dogs I've touched who's fur is more like a wild animals pelt)
we want to touch them when we see them, pick them up (whooaa there human, giving me a head rush)...... want to hug them, bury our faces in there super soft fur and WHACK...you get a scratch cus clearly they are so over this shit

PERSONAL SPACE PLEASE lol

my wins 2014
MY 2016 wins
MY 2017 wins
you JELLY?
  Old  May 19th, 2017, 8:39pm     #2888
deborah62
Grand Master Sweeper

LOL
would love to know what cats are thinking,especially when they sit and stare at you lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskwinner View Post

cats

they prob think humans are needy....soon as we see them we want to touch them or pet them.....they have such soft fur (unlike most dogs I've touched who's fur is more like a wild animals pelt)
we want to touch them when we see them, pick them up (whooaa there human, giving me a head rush)...... want to hug them, bury our faces in there super soft fur and WHACK...you get a scratch cus clearly they are so over this shit

What if the hokey pokey is what its all about?
  Old  May 19th, 2017, 10:22pm     #2889
MrsWW
Master Sweeper

Anyone have a vehicle with inactivated Sirius XM? You can get it free until May 30. I love my Sirius XM but then I drive a lot!
  Old  May 19th, 2017, 11:34pm     #2890
cdengler
Senior Master Sweeper

Old  May 20th, 2017, 5:34am     #2891
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskwinner View Post

cats

Except when they want to be fed then they scream at you and do that thing where they walk circles in between your legs and try to trip you while you are carrying the food to feed them!
  Old  May 20th, 2017, 5:35am     #2892
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Note to self: You should have known by some of this persons post that they were mentally unstable! STAY FAR AWAY!!!
  Old  May 20th, 2017, 9:37am     #2893
plazamama
Senior Master Sweeper

I don't have a cat now but I have in the past and I do enjoy them.
Domestic cats have not been studied much, (by scientists) but they did recently learn from experiments that actually do care more for our company than we all thought.

http://time.com/4714823/cats-very-social-study/
  Old  May 20th, 2017, 11:51am     #2894
bigskwinner
Grand Master Sweeper

suddenly CAMPING
yay for the may long weekend and paid stat holidays and all that fun OT that I've been doing at work

(last yr at this time I was off work for 4 months due to surgeries and I made NO MONEY lol)

be happy for what you have

my wins 2014
MY 2016 wins
MY 2017 wins
you JELLY?
  Old  May 20th, 2017, 2:44pm     #2895
sparkle8
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcclave View Post
I have raised a lot of wild birds over the years and have only even had one other bird that acted like this, a male Mocking Bird and he was with me for years till he passed away. Just didn't want to go at all. I would let him go and he would come back demanding to come into the apartment. I lived in an upstairs apartment then and didn't have cats or dogs that would try and get him.

I have a large yard now and cats and a dog that would like nothing more than to get hold of this bird and kill it. I'm going to have to be very creative to make sure that doesn't happen. I'm going to train her to go to a small cage high up where nothing can get to her. I will keep food and water in there in case I'm not outside. Door open all the time so she can come and go.

Meanwhile I will keep bringing her into the house. She is starting to eat seed on her own now but still hasn't figured out how to crack the sunflower seeds open which are a Cardinal's favorite.

Today when all this was going on there was a full grown Male Cardinal that came down and was hopping around after Happy. I'm thinking it was the Daddy. I have seen the mama bird several times she always comes in close when she is outside in the cage and sits on top talking to her. Not sure where she was today.

Even though it is illegal for me to do this. I am suppose to call the wildlife rescue and they will come and pick her up BUT they haul her off somewhere and she gets released and has no hope of finding her family. This way she does. Like I said I have raised lots of them and I know what I'm doing and she will get better care and attention with me than she will an overburdened wildlife rescue.

I have been putting videos of Cardinals singing on the computer and Happy really loves that! LOL!
Wonderful! Sounds like you have taken great care of Happy!
It does sound like it very well may be her parents hanging around nearby. I hope so!
Guess I was just worried that since she can't yet fly and being out in the yard she might have been easy prey.
I look forward to more stories about her.

‎"A keen sense of humor helps us to overlook the unbecoming, understand the unconventional, tolerate the unpleasant, overcome the unexpected and outlast the unbearable." ~ Billy Graham
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Sparkle8 If I win, you win at Swagbucks!