Old  April 21st, 2017, 8:15am     #76
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Live stream is being taken down today around 4:30.

"Once we choose HOPE, EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE" ~ Christopher Reeve
Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.
  Old  April 21st, 2017, 8:56am     #77
jofo3511
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen_246 View Post
Live stream is being taken down today around 4:30.
I am sad... It was really fun especially in the beginning. My daughter was also due so we thought it was a close race. But she beat the giraffe by 5 weeks and now I have a beautiful grand daughter.

Old  April 21st, 2017, 5:24pm     #78
deborah62
Grand Master Sweeper

I guess the live stream was going to be taken down anyway but I think it is happening earlier because earlier this week April hurt her leg a little bit and so many people were emailing AAP about it and playing armchair vet,to bad they ruined it for others.
I will miss April,Oliver and baby.

What if the hokey pokey is what its all about?
  Old  April 24th, 2017, 7:50pm     #79
metalmaniac8
Junior Sweeper

Giraffe cam is back on
The baby Giraffe cam is back on
  Old  April 24th, 2017, 8:25pm     #80
metalmaniac8
Junior Sweeper

false alarm
Sorry false alarm.said live but is a recording. will be back on this week at certain times to be announced
  Old  April 24th, 2017, 9:22pm     #81
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by deborah62 View Post
I guess the live stream was going to be taken down anyway but I think it is happening earlier because earlier this week April hurt her leg a little bit and so many people were emailing AAP about it and playing armchair vet,to bad they ruined it for others.
I will miss April,Oliver and baby.
They said from the beginning that the cam would be shut down approx. 5 days after the birth. I know lots of people were pain in the butts.. calling Dr. Tim no good, yelling about letting the giraffes outside when the weather was bad or when they were outside but the person didn't see it.. complaining about the giraffes being separated... and on and on. It's no wonder they kept their cool. I know Dr. Tim stopped updating on his FB page after the crap thrown at him.

Geez even before and during the birth people were yelling about giving her a c-section, inducing, pulling the baby out, baby's taking too long .. etc.

Tons of emails when the cam was signal was down during storms, yelling that the pens aren't clean (right after they were cleaned - but of course April managed to spread the bale of hay all over the floor )

It was frustrating for those following April to see all the crap thrown at AAP and Dr. Tim.

Keep in tune, though because they are going to have certain hours when they activate the cam and also install one outside.

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  April 24th, 2017, 9:56pm     #82
deborah62
Grand Master Sweeper

it was frustrating to see people complaining about everything and acting like Dr Tim did not know what he was doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomar97 View Post
They said from the beginning that the cam would be shut down approx. 5 days after the birth. I know lots of people were pain in the butts.. calling Dr. Tim no good, yelling about letting the giraffes outside when the weather was bad or when they were outside but the person didn't see it.. complaining about the giraffes being separated... and on and on. It's no wonder they kept their cool. I know Dr. Tim stopped updating on his FB page after the crap thrown at him.

Geez even before and during the birth people were yelling about giving her a c-section, inducing, pulling the baby out, baby's taking too long .. etc.

Tons of emails when the cam was signal was down during storms, yelling that the pens aren't clean (right after they were cleaned - but of course April managed to spread the bale of hay all over the floor )

It was frustrating for those following April to see all the crap thrown at AAP and Dr. Tim.

Keep in tune, though because they are going to have certain hours when they activate the cam and also install one outside.

Old  May 1st, 2017, 10:04pm     #83
deborah62
Grand Master Sweeper

So people voted and Alyssa's choice won and she named him Tajiri, which means hope. I like it.

Old  May 1st, 2017, 11:26pm     #84
jas11563
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by deborah62 View Post
So people voted and Alyssa's choice won and she named him Tajiri, which means hope. I like it.
I had wondered where Tajiri came from, it wasn't on any list of names that I saw.

I am glad Alyssa got to choose, she really bonded with April and spent a lot of her own time with her.