Old  March 19th, 2017, 9:30am     #1
deborah62
Grand Master Sweeper

Newest Window update..not installing
anyone else not able to install new update? it stops at 2%

What if the hokey pokey is what its all about?
  Old  March 19th, 2017, 9:43am     #2
nanjhall
Sweeper

Mine took a few hours. I say ignore the percentage complete and let it run. Eventually it will finish.
  Old  March 19th, 2017, 9:49am     #3
deborah62
Grand Master Sweeper

I do let it run but then it stops and and I get the message There were some problems installing updates and will try again later

What if the hokey pokey is what its all about?
  Old  March 19th, 2017, 10:00am     #4
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Last Win. 10 update took a while for hubby... hate that you don't have a way to not install as he went to shut down one night and there was only the choices to update and shut down or update.. so he updated and shut down, which meant when he turned it on the next morning, it had to install everything and he had to wait before he could use it!

Earn cash back while shopping with ebates - my referral https://www.ebates.com/r/BOMER92
  Old  March 19th, 2017, 10:14am     #5
Urlik
Master Sweeper

I had no issues. No reports of widespread problems with this week's big security updates either. Sorry I can't help. You may have some luck if you go into the update log and get the number of the update failing and googling that.

My 2017 Wins
  Old  March 19th, 2017, 7:35pm     #6
NJsunbunny
Master Sweeper

Deb I didn't have any problems installing this update but in the past on my other laptop I had to shut off my antivirus program so you can try that just don't forget to turn it back on. This article gives a few more hints if you scroll down http://sihmar.com/fix-windows-10-upd...l-blue-screen/

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/njsunbunny
  Old  March 19th, 2017, 8:03pm     #7
jgates8
Senior Sweeper

Basically shut me down for 4 days. I have VERY slow connection (as in .600!!! - note the decimal point!). I didn't even realize that it was trying to install or I'd have left the laptop on overnight during the week (mine doesn't display while it is doing it). It basically shut me off from using any internet while it was trying to do this.

I even had CenturyLink trying to figure out what was wrong. Two nights & several hours on the phone before they finally agreed to send a tech. He did check the lines but knew right away what the problem was as evidently mine was about the 4th call this week. I had to leave it sit on with nothing else going on for nearly 5 hours until the full thing completed downloading. After that I was back to normal. Not really any public wi-fi around here I would dare to go use. Don't like installing things like that on a public network.

6/07? - $500 Airfare 2/08 - Disney Trip, 8/08 - Florida trip, 11/08 - Bike GPS, 3/09 - Allure bag w/Aveeno Products, 3/09 - Advil product, 5/09 - Tylenol Backpack, 7/09-$200 Pamida GC, 08/09-Beautifix Gift Box, 10/10-$250 Kelloggs, 9/11-OldWisc Packer win - 2 Club Tix/merch. 5/12-AC Trip & Macys/HD GCs, 8/12-2012 Harley Trike, 2014-$75 Dollar Tree, $25 Snickers. 2015-$300GC & 4 Country Inn Nights, Pepsi 3 $200 Live Nation Concert Cash.
  Old  March 19th, 2017, 10:27pm     #8
Urlik
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgates8 View Post
Not really any public wi-fi around here I would dare to go use. Don't like installing things like that on a public network.
I wouldn't worry about downloading Microsoft Windows updates on public WiFi. None of your private information is sent and you won't get fake updates.

My 2017 Wins
  Old  March 20th, 2017, 12:14am     #9
gerwood
Master Sweeper

blew up my 1 year old machine!