Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  Old  January 10th, 2017, 6:42pm     #16
deborah62 is offline
deborah62
Grand Master Sweeper
 
deborah62's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 22,472
Location: Buckeye Country
Can not believe its been 9 months since I got my teeth pulled,after all the fittings and sore spots and waiting to get my full set(in August)I can now say I am glad I did it for cosmetic and health reasons,sometimes though I sometimes forget and still smile with my mouth closed(a habit) but not as much anymore,I am finally not ashamed of my teeth.
The only part I don't like is when you take them out and adhesive is on the roof of your mouth,it grosses me out

What if the hokey pokey is what its all about?
Reply With Quote
  Old  January 10th, 2017, 6:50pm     #17
Tinkerbell is offline
Tinkerbell
Master Sweeper
 
Tinkerbell's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,488
Location: AZ
I'm so happy for you!
Reply With Quote
  Old  January 10th, 2017, 8:05pm     #18
kingmiller is offline
kingmiller
Grand Master Sweeper
 
kingmiller's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,521
Location: Atascadero, CA
How I envy you! I can't afford to get dentures or even partials. Medicaid. I used to have a partial, but one tooth fell off, and then the wires began to break. Now I don't have enough teeth to support a partial. I tasted blood in my mouth this morning, so I guess another broken tooth fell out. (TMI?) Just call me snaggletooth. :-(

So Many Books; So Little Time!
Reply With Quote
  Old  January 10th, 2017, 10:01pm     #19
juniorgirl is offline
juniorgirl
Master Sweeper
 
juniorgirl's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,787
People who can get good dentures are so fortunate. Hooray for you!
Reply With Quote
  Old  January 11th, 2017, 4:09am     #20
laura264 is offline
laura264
Master Sweeper
 
laura264's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,747
Location: Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborah62 View Post
Can not believe its been 9 months since I got my teeth pulled,after all the fittings and sore spots and waiting to get my full set(in August)I can now say I am glad I did it for cosmetic and health reasons,sometimes though I sometimes forget and still smile with my mouth closed(a habit) but not as much anymore,I am finally not ashamed of my teeth.
The only part I don't like is when you take them out and adhesive is on the roof of your mouth,it grosses me out
You and I are in the same boat. I got all of my teeth pulled and had to wait 10 months. ....I ate soooo much oatmeal. lol I also have to use the adhesive and it is bad. i tell my husband it tastes like shoe inserts. How I know what they taste like (or think they taste like) is a mystery.

Enjoy your new choppers!
Reply With Quote
  Old  January 11th, 2017, 8:26am     #21
Mumto5girls2boys is offline
Mumto5girls2boys
Senior Sweeper
 
Mumto5girls2boys's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 610
Location: Columbus, OH
Awesome news! Where did you go to get them done? I had my top done 8 years ago. My bottom ones are next. I am not looking forward to it at all.

My Wins
Reply With Quote
  Old  January 16th, 2017, 5:40pm     #22
deborah62 is offline
deborah62
Grand Master Sweeper
 
deborah62's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 22,472
Location: Buckeye Country
I got mine through Medicaid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmiller View Post
How I envy you! I can't afford to get dentures or even partials. Medicaid. I used to have a partial, but one tooth fell off, and then the wires began to break. Now I don't have enough teeth to support a partial. I tasted blood in my mouth this morning, so I guess another broken tooth fell out. (TMI?) Just call me snaggletooth. :-(

What if the hokey pokey is what its all about?
Reply With Quote
  Old  January 16th, 2017, 5:47pm     #23
deborah62 is offline
deborah62
Grand Master Sweeper
 
deborah62's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 22,472
Location: Buckeye Country
Yeah it taste so gross but it does hold them in really well.
You could taste a shoe insert to see if that is what it taste like
Some times at home I eat without them,I did not think you could eat without teeth but now I can eat most anything without them.
Yeah at first I ate so much oatmeal and pudding and mashed potatoes and soup,I was so sick of soft foods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura264 View Post
You and I are in the same boat. I got all of my teeth pulled and had to wait 10 months. ....I ate soooo much oatmeal. lol I also have to use the adhesive and it is bad. i tell my husband it tastes like shoe inserts. How I know what they taste like (or think they taste like) is a mystery.

Enjoy your new choppers!

What if the hokey pokey is what its all about?
Reply With Quote
  Old  January 16th, 2017, 5:50pm     #24
deborah62 is offline
deborah62
Grand Master Sweeper
 
deborah62's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 22,472
Location: Buckeye Country
Got it done at Immediadent.
I am glad I got them all out at the same time.
And it was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be,they numbed me up real good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumto5girls2boys View Post
Awesome news! Where did you go to get them done? I had my top done 8 years ago. My bottom ones are next. I am not looking forward to it at all.

What if the hokey pokey is what its all about?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:06am.