Old  January 15th, 2014, 9:38pm     #31
dreamzperpetual
Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by implode View Post
I have a hard time admitting to winning $1,000 or a vacation anymore...

I've had nut cases get jealous before. Called the judging agency claiming my entry was invalid. Then it was on me to prove I had entered legitimately. Huge hassle, you live and learn. Missed out on a trip to universal studios, movie premier, and a 1 in 8 shot at a car. All because someone alleged I wasn't a college student during when I entered a college related sweep. Even though I submitted my college ID and a copy of a paid receipt. It could happen to anybody. Absolutely don't reveal wins before you have collected them. Or in the case I ever win a million dollars or large sum of cash, EVER.

BEWARE of jealous stalker behavior.
Oh, I never would tell anybody until I collected. Even then, I've only told close family members about my biggest win. But I'd put up with a lot to for a million dollars.
  Old  January 15th, 2014, 11:45pm     #32
tupik3702
Grand Master Sweeper

Red face I'vebeen playing this sweep since the beginning of time and have
Never won !!!
  Old  January 16th, 2014, 2:07am     #33
strawberry3d
Master Sweeper

Never

Old  January 16th, 2014, 8:58pm     #34
arouet
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by implode View Post
I have a hard time admitting to winning $1,000 or a vacation anymore...

I've had nut cases get jealous before. Called the judging agency claiming my entry was invalid. Then it was on me to prove I had entered legitimately. Huge hassle, you live and learn. Missed out on a trip to universal studios, movie premier, and a 1 in 8 shot at a car. All because someone alleged I wasn't a college student during when I entered a college related sweep. Even though I submitted my college ID and a copy of a paid receipt. It could happen to anybody. Absolutely don't reveal wins before you have collected them. Or in the case I ever win a million dollars or large sum of cash, EVER.

BEWARE of jealous stalker behavior.
I'd go to the state AG's office if they refused to give me the prize even though I could prove I was a college student. Just stating that if they were going to wrongfully DQ you, you would have no other choice than go to the AG's office might stop them in their tracks.
  Old  January 17th, 2014, 2:56pm     #35
implode
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by arouet View Post
I'd go to the state AG's office if they refused to give me the prize even though I could prove I was a college student. Just stating that if they were going to wrongfully DQ you, you would have no other choice than go to the AG's office might stop them in their tracks.
Maybe I should have done that...all these years later it still rubs me the wrong way.

Hall of Fame Winner of a trip to NZ!!!
Hall of Fame Winner of $10,000!!!
Hall of Fame winner of Super Bowl Trip!!!