Old  September 19th, 2013, 8:09pm     #1
arouet
Grand Master Sweeper

Woobox and Facebook Winner Announcements
I am really hating this already. It was in my email.

New Feature: Prize Claim App
While Facebook's new policies concerning promotions make it possible for page admins to execute simple timeline post promotions, it presents a new challenge: how do you contact winners when all you are supplied with is their Facebook id? Depending on their privacy settings, you may or may not be able to reach them to let them know they've won.
Woobox is proud to offer a simple solution with the Prize Claim App, a tool that allows page admins to post winners on their timeline, a page tab, or website. The tool allows fans to view the winners, and if they see their Facebook profile picture in the Prize Claim App, they simply click on the photo and fill out a customizable form to validate their profile and provide contact information for prize fulfillment. Admins can even set a time limit for prize claim, establishing both a sense of urgency among fans and the ability to choose a new winner if the original winners don't claim their prize during the prize claim period. Use in conjunction with Woobox's Pick A Winner app for a complete Facebook post promotions solution.
4 Easy Steps to Running a Timeline Like/Comment to Win Promotion using Woobox’s Winner Picker and Prize Claim Apps.

1. Post a promotion on your Facebook timeline and ask your users to Like or Comment on your Post for a chance to win.

2. Pick your Winners using our Free Winner Picking Tool.

3. Announce your Winners by posting your Prize Claim link.
Prize Claim App

4. Collect contact information for prize fulfillment. Only the winners you selected will be able to click the Claim Prize button and provide their information.
Prize Fulfillment
5. If your winners don’t claim their prize by the deadline, the app will display that the claim period has ended and you can pick more winners and repeat.
Expired Claim
BONUS TIP: For even more engagement, pick your replacement winners from anyone that likes your winner announcement post!

Click here for a detailed description of how it works or login to your dashboard and check it out for yourself. The app is available on all Woobox pro plans starting as low as $1/month.
  Old  September 19th, 2013, 8:34pm     #2
Embee
Master Sweeper

ugh. so pretty much they benefit from the all traffic, and too bad, so sad if you miss the post? Seriously, how many posts can one person view in a day? And why can't they just have meaningful engagement by contacting a winner?? Really, I'd be more inclined to share if the sponsor actually takes the time to contact me. boo.

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Embee/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]
  Old  September 19th, 2013, 10:45pm     #3
Pamhoff
Master Sweeper

I joined a facebook group called Sweepstakes Winners - We post sweepstakes winners from around the net. Not sure if there is a group limit. We all watch for winners on the facebook pages and then post and/or tag the winner if they are in the group.

Old  September 19th, 2013, 10:54pm     #4
iloverats2013
Junior Sweeper

:)
Thanks for letting me know about this group. I have sent a request to join.
  Old  September 19th, 2013, 11:48pm     #5
Pamhoff
Master Sweeper

No problem. Just friend request a bunch of us and you can see what we enter/share. Good luck!

Old  September 20th, 2013, 4:51am     #6
bnit2winit
Master Sweeper

Is this the group that is ran by Ron Miller?

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." --- Martin Luther King Jr.
  Old  September 20th, 2013, 7:41am     #7
momofboys51
Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnit2winit View Post
Is this the group that is ran by Ron Miller?
Yes Great group! There are quite a few wins I would have missed if I hadn't been in the group.
  Old  September 21st, 2013, 10:51am     #8
cowboyswife
Master Sweeper

Thank you for the information, I joined the group.
  Old  September 21st, 2013, 12:04pm     #9
louiseb130
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamhoff View Post
I joined a facebook group called Sweepstakes Winners - We post sweepstakes winners from around the net. Not sure if there is a group limit. We all watch for winners on the facebook pages and then post and/or tag the winner if they are in the group.
What a great idea! I'll join them...thanks for posting this.
  Old  September 21st, 2013, 2:59pm     #10
chestnutfall
Grand Master Sweeper

Not long ago I read something in the FB info. area and they said that anyone fb member can Message any other FB member unless in the circumstance you have blocked a particular person
So the sponsor can message a Winner it may go into your other tab in your message area though.

Lots of people do not have apps download available on their phone. Some people do not even have a cell phone.
  Old  September 21st, 2013, 3:45pm     #11
Abbyyy
Senior Sweeper

I wish the sweeps ran through Facebook would stop in general, I don't know why companies even use it as a platform for their sweeps since FB doesn't seem to be very user or company friendly. Myself and a few other sweepers have been blocked for 30 days for liking too many pages (and I know I'm personally not at the 5,000 likes limit or whatever) which is ridiculous in my opinion, and some of the pages I had liked are un-liked now. Another Facebook friend I have was blocked from commenting for awhile because she was commenting "too much" (and no she wasn't spamming) and I know others have had issues with Facebook too. I just think if they're going to pull stuff like this then the sponsors need to go elsewhere to host their giveaways, so people can actually enter without wading through the constant bs of Facebook's ever-changing "policies". Plus I feel that if Facebook can use and sell my personal info I should be able to like every page in existence on that site if I dang well feel like it. /endrant.

Getting to the topic of this Woobox thing, I don't know why they do all this when they can just put up a simple regular entry form on the page to fill out, then send an email to the winner.

"Errrryday I'm shufflin "
  Old  September 21st, 2013, 5:19pm     #12
xxyyzz
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbyyy View Post
I wish the sweeps ran through Facebook would stop in general, I don't know why companies even use it as a platform for their sweeps since FB doesn't seem to be very user or company friendly. Myself and a few other sweepers have been blocked for 30 days for liking too many pages (and I know I'm personally not at the 5,000 likes limit or whatever) which is ridiculous in my opinion, and some of the pages I had liked are un-liked now. Another Facebook friend I have was blocked from commenting for awhile because she was commenting "too much" (and no she wasn't spamming) and I know others have had issues with Facebook too. I just think if they're going to pull stuff like this then the sponsors need to go elsewhere to host their giveaways, so people can actually enter without wading through the constant bs of Facebook's ever-changing "policies". Plus I feel that if Facebook can use and sell my personal info I should be able to like every page in existence on that site if I dang well feel like it. /endrant.

Getting to the topic of this Woobox thing, I don't know why they do all this when they can just put up a simple regular entry form on the page to fill out, then send an email to the winner.
Right On! Right On!
  Old  September 21st, 2013, 10:18pm     #13
kkman51
Sweeper

I still think they should at least message us at FB, I spend enough time checking emails, twitter , pinterest & google+ to see if I have a win...then there was the blog I entered, where you had to check back with them to see if you won....if I had I never heard about it.

Pinning my wins to my board...follow if you like.
http://www.pinterest.com/kattzzzFL/s...kes-i-did-win/
@kattzzz Need friends on twitter
  Old  September 22nd, 2013, 8:52am     #14
ferretlady
Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbyyy View Post

I totally agree!!!! Same goes for Twitter. While I haven't been blocked on FB yet (knock on wood), my twitter account was suspended after "tweeting" only about a dozen sweepstakes! I'm still going in circles with them, trying to get it reinstated. Nowadays, I completely skip over any "rafflecopter" sweeps, or any others like those, that focus so heavily on tweeting & "liking" multiple pages at once in order to have a better chance of winning.
  Old  September 22nd, 2013, 9:46am     #15
Ravzie
Grand Master Sweeper

Check here and POST here too, please!