Old  July 19th, 2013, 4:34pm     #31
alicat68
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by terps1990 View Post
I don't understand what is firefox?
terps1990 -- It's a type of browser -- like Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Safari

Ali
  Old  July 19th, 2013, 5:35pm     #32
tlak
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by implode View Post
CP are some of the dirteist tricks around...I've seen the following things done:
1) Hidden portals to enter...
2) Poorly identified total # of presentations...
3) Many many cheap prize presentations, only a few big prizes...so chance of drawing a big prize presentation to award is almost non existent.
4) Companies who keep extending the time period of entry or contests that if you look closely that run for over a eyars time.
5) Companies who hide the winning notices in a manner prizes won't be claimed...for example a magazine will send you a postcard that looks like a soliciation if you don't read it closely.

I have seen all these tactics used repeatedly by many companies. I would go so far as to say creative presentations are an epidemic in how dishonestly they are run. The VAST majority are extremely dishonest. Hearst, Merideth, Readers Digest, and Publishers Clearing House are some of the worst companies when it comes to these tactics.
I didn't know of the dirty crap just the actual way they're suppose to run.
  Old  July 19th, 2013, 6:25pm     #33
mcclave
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskwinner View Post
yeah def try roboform or some other type of program

I enter 1000 in about 1.5 hrs with roboform pro and firefox
  Old  July 19th, 2013, 6:58pm     #34
gunz4hire
Junior Sweeper

Is the premium membership worth it here? I'm used to using roboform and fire fox. I did read the facts but I'm just trying to figure out if people find it usefull!
  Old  July 19th, 2013, 8:16pm     #35
coljim
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyllisc View Post
I have been entering about 7 hrs a day for over a year and have only won 3 things. How in the world do you win so many good prizes. I enter about 100-125 sweeps a day. Are the Better Homes any good? How about the magazine sweeps that run for about a year?
A lot depends on what you want to win. If you enter a lot of blogs/Rafflecopter then you'll spend a lot of time. Do you do Facebook? Lots of prizes, friends, sweepstakes available there. Twitter, text? I just decided not to do any more BHG sweeps because takes too long. Unclick even with robo and the captcha that doesn't always work. My time is better spent elsewhere.
Try robo and a trial Premium membership. I don't win as much as some but I'm mostly happy with what I get.

My Wins
  Old  July 19th, 2013, 8:27pm     #36
Qncterra
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittles View Post
If you are entering 7 hrs. a day and only enter that small of an amount, something's not right. I enter many more then that in half the amount of time and I win often (sometimes a prize or more a day).
I enter about 90 a day in about 20-25 minutes. I win regularly,but not often, because I am very selective in what I enter.
  Old  July 19th, 2013, 10:07pm     #37
jgates8
Senior Sweeper

I definitely consider the premium worth it. I have won a Florida trip & a Disney trip both which were displayed in the premium section only - more than paid for my membership for oh probably the rest of my life lol. As well as a few smaller things. I believe most of my wins have actually been premium sweeps.

6/07? - $500 Airfare Cert. 2/08 - ESPN/Dick's Disney Sweeps, 8/08 - visitflorida Florida trip, 11/08 - Garmin Bike GPS, 3/09 - Allure bag w/Aveeno Products, 3/09 - Advil product, 5/09 - Tylenol Backpack, 7/09-$200 Pamida Gift Card, 08/09-Beautifix Gift Box, 10/10-$250 Kelloggs, 9/11-OldWisc Packer win - 2 Club Tix/merch. 5/12-AC Trip & Macys/HD GCs, 8/12-2012 Harley Trike.
  Old  July 19th, 2013, 11:14pm     #38
Ashton7
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceej View Post
I am unclear on which kind of magazine sweeps you are referring to.

I have won several of magazine sweeps, I am not sure if I can name them or not though if they are premium.

In Touch and others like them, who have many of the same prizes, do award their prizes, not only have I personally won from them (more than once this year already) but know others who have as well.

Magazine sweeps in general, the daily ones, are also valid ones and worth entering. I have won from several of them this year, including the "elusive" Woman's Day, more than once since January.

The larger prized ones ($250k and so on that run long periods) also award the prize. You can request the winner's list. I have in the past.
I won $2500 from one of the Hearst magazine sweeps. And my SO has won twice from some of the other magazines like Good Housekeeping (small prizes but wins). The check for $2500 was sent to me within about a month or less after the sweep ended. I was notified I had won within a few days of the ending date. I was impressed.

Annie

My Blog
Startoons Parodies (Stargate Cartoons by my SO)
  Old  July 20th, 2013, 9:32am     #39
Daisylee
Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by prismperfect View Post
An internet browser, like Internet Explorer or Chrome. It's nice feature is that you can open multiple bookmarks at once. For example I have a folder of sweeps that I enter daily. I can right click on that folder, "open all in tabs", and it will open all those webpages all at once in tabs. Then you click submit on each one and close the tab. Saves a lot of time.
This sounds awesome. I use Firefox and don't know about that feature. How can I find it or is it an add on?
  Old  July 20th, 2013, 9:43am     #40
prismperfect
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisylee View Post
This sounds awesome. I use Firefox and don't know about that feature. How can I find it or is it an add on?
Well it just requires that you bookmark your sweeps. If you do, put them in folders, then you can right click on that folder and select "Open All in Tabs". I wouldn't try to open more than 50 or so unless you have a really fast computer.

Total Wins Since 2005: $55,968
Follow Me on Twitter!

Old  July 20th, 2013, 9:50am     #41
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Well it just requires that you bookmark your sweeps. If you do, put them in folders, then you can right click on that folder and select "Open All in Tabs". I wouldn't try to open more than 50 or so unless you have a really fast computer.
I have trouble opening more than 40 and it's my ISP, not the computer... too much flash and video trying to come in at once!

Time to win, win, win!!
  Old  July 20th, 2013, 10:22am     #42
implode
Master Sweeper

I mentioned publishers above...and I wish I could comment on individual sweeps. Where I could very specifically illustrate what I said with examples. However, with respect to premium memberships I don't think I can do so. It will be the MYUPS thread all over and get moved where commoners (like myself) can't view it.

I will say I've won before from a CP run by shoe stores. NOT all CP companies are bad or misleading. However, I will say that is the minority of them, most seem to operate in a less then honest fashion.

Hall of Fame Winner of a trip to NZ!!!
Hall of Fame Winner of $10,000!!!
Hall of Fame winner of Super Bowl Trip!!!
  Old  July 20th, 2013, 11:12am     #43
carcon
Senior Master Sweeper

I've been sweeping for over 10 years and have won a lot of great prizes and 4 trips but I have to warn you that winning a lot of prizes these days is almost impossible. That's not to say you can't win but winning has become so much more difficult what with Facebook, Pinterest, Blogs, Instagram etc. I agree with enter, enter, enter but be prepared to wait too. Being premium offers lots more choices.

You've to to prime the pump, you've got to have faith and believe
You've got to give of yourself before your worthy to receive!
  Old  July 20th, 2013, 11:25am     #44
Daisylee
Sweeper

Quote:
Thanks prismperfect! I do have quite a few in bookmarks along with other stuff and created a folder for them. My bookmark list is much neater also with the folders.
  Old  July 20th, 2013, 4:52pm     #45
lieutcrunch
Sweeper

I'm totally blown away by the number of contests you guys can get with this Roboform thing. Can someone give a quick and dirty version of how to get all these entries? I looked around, I see something about having to use firefox and bookmarking each contest page.