Old  June 19th, 2013, 12:20am     #16
Brittles
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerknight View Post
I just joined this site & I was wondering what best sweepstakes to enter are. Is it better to focus on entering the daily or the single? And is there a point of playing the instant wins? Any advice would be very helpful!
I'd say focus on any that have prizes that you would like or would make a great gift for a loved one or friend. I enter all types of contests and have won on each type, but probably win the most on the dailies that I entered often (although by no means did I enter everyday of the contests as that's too much work). Definitely play the instant games, I've won some nice prizes on them including 2 American Airline vouchers just the other day.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
  Old  June 19th, 2013, 4:39am     #17
donnaou
Senior Sweeper

Focus on what you want to win the most.
Everyone has their own system. You have to figure out what's best for you and how much time you have to devote or want to devote to this hobby. There are so many ways to win and so many prizes to be won and you learn over time. My advice is to do a keyword search for what you want to win the most and go from there! Good Luck! I don't concentrate on getting a lot of extra entries either as I have won a lot of things with 1 or 2 entries! I like to enter my stuff towards the end of the sweep as opposed to the beginning too LOL I think my methods are in the minority LOL

My son is now an 11th grader! Congrats Anthony! I love you very much! Go Red Sox!
Follow Me On Twitter!
  Old  June 19th, 2013, 10:43am     #18
bjdotson
Grand Master Sweeper

The best contests for you to enter are the ones that I am NOT entering.

:-)

Work out what you like best; we have a saying here that a win is a win. Don't forget to enter for movies or books, etc that you would like to watch or read. The small wins can keep your spirits up while your waiting for a "good' one.

I received notification of a win once over a year after the sweep closed, so patience and persistance is the key.

Good Luck

Old  June 19th, 2013, 10:45am     #19
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Great advice for all newbies.

I just enter what I like.

This one hasn't been back since they posted this.

"Once we choose HOPE, EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE" ~ Christopher Reeve
Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.