Old  April 20th, 2013, 8:01am     #1
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Google Chrome Question
Okay, I really like Google Chrome (when I can get it working). Am I doing something wrong with it?

Each day after I have to uninstall it and reinstall it to get it to work. Did that yesterday. Worked great all day and when I logged on this morning and clicked it to bring it up, all I get is the blank blue screen. All my bookmarks are there, but it won't load.

I was really hoping to make it my main browswer.

I'm back to IE8 with Vista again.

Thanks.

"Once we choose HOPE, EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE" ~ Christopher Reeve
Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.
  Old  April 20th, 2013, 8:20am     #2
howard74
Sweeper

I have been using the Acer Chromebook for a couple of months now and love it. I have had no problems. I bought it at BestBuy and received 12 free GOGO inflight passes which came in handy on our recent trip to Hollywood. I was online many hours at no cost to me. Very cool. I do use my chromebook for sweeping and have had no problems. You have to use Robo lite which takes a little getting use to. Hope this helps. The chromebook is perfect for Flying/Traveling.

Last edited by howard74; April 21st, 2013 at 11:35am. Reason: Inflight WiFi is GOGO not BoGo.
  Old  April 20th, 2013, 8:26am     #3
howard74
Sweeper

Oops! I see now your question is about the chrome browser? Not the Chromebook? I have been using the browser for over a year with no problems at all. Highly prefer it over all other browsers. I was once a IE diehard. Then a Firefox diehard. Now a Chrome diehard.
  Old  April 20th, 2013, 9:00am     #4
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Yea I am trying to get away from IE, which still isn't working right (places where ads would be say "internet explorer cannot open up" and my FF is crashing left and right. SoI was hoping Google Chrome was the answer.

Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.
  Old  April 20th, 2013, 10:04am     #5
howard74
Sweeper

Sounds more like a harddrive or virus problem than a browser problem. GL
  Old  April 20th, 2013, 10:07am     #6
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard74 View Post
Sounds more like a harddrive or virus problem than a browser problem. GL
All clean got that all taken care of finally yesterday. Think it is a flash issue with FF, because that is the message that I get when it freezes up. Think it is time to uninstall that and reinstall again.

And being that it is just the "ads" that the message displays on "internet explorer cannot open" it is almost like I have disabled something while I was getting rid of the malaware.

I would really like the Google Chrome to work. Hate to have to uninstall it and reinstall it daily so I can use it.

Old  April 20th, 2013, 10:40am     #7
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

DH has Chrome on his Vista but we didn't install it.. from what another OLSer said, it added itself with one of the adobe software updates.

I want to try to get him into using Chrome, but he's not too willing... but it does work with no issues. Haven't done any add-ons to it.

Anything with your firewall or anti-virus doing something as it installs?

Is it a re-start issue where something isn't loading for Chrome?

Time to win, win, win!!
  Old  April 21st, 2013, 12:58am     #8
yadgirl
Senior Master Sweeper
Deep Ends

I saw your post from another thread. When you got rid of the virus, did you also turn off system restore and scan your computer from Safe mode? If not, try doing that because virus remnants can linger in restore points.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/SosaLover/FREEval6/bunny.gif

Squirrel Butts Do Not Glow.
  Old  April 21st, 2013, 8:20am     #9
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Thanks. I just did that, scanned in both SuperAntiSpyware and Malawarebytes and came up clean in safe mode.

Old  April 21st, 2013, 9:17am     #10
fullhart
Master Sweeper

Karen, here's some things you can try. It's from a Google group discussion on the problem:

https://productforums.google.com/for...me/mrnDeD1BrUM

Larry
  Old  April 21st, 2013, 10:00am     #11
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullhart View Post
Karen, here's some things you can try. It's from a Google group discussion on the problem:

https://productforums.google.com/for...me/mrnDeD1BrUM
Awesome. Thank you.

My compatiabilty box was checked, unchecked it. Uninstalled, reinstalled and it is working right now. Will have to see if it'll still be working tomorrow.

Right now my issues seem to be less. IE appears to be working a tad better, FF still lagging but quicker. Hopefully I can get it up to the shop sometime in the future.

Old  April 22nd, 2013, 2:18am     #12
yadgirl
Senior Master Sweeper
Deep Ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen_246 View Post
Thanks. I just did that, scanned in both SuperAntiSpyware and Malawarebytes and came up clean in safe mode.
OK. Make sure you turn System Restore back on. Sorry it didn't help.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/SosaLover/FREEval6/bunny.gif

Squirrel Butts Do Not Glow.
  Old  April 22nd, 2013, 8:19am     #13
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Quote:
Originally Posted by yadgirl View Post
OK. Make sure you turn System Restore back on. Sorry it didn't help.
Thanks for the idea.

Old  April 22nd, 2013, 8:21am     #14
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen_246 View Post
Awesome. Thank you.

My compatiabilty box was checked, unchecked it. Uninstalled, reinstalled and it is working right now. Will have to see if it'll still be working tomorrow.

Right now my issues seem to be less. IE appears to be working a tad better, FF still lagging but quicker. Hopefully I can get it up to the shop sometime in the future.
Nope, not working this morning. So if I want to use it I have to uninstall and reinstall. Plus the old IE is back to crashing. Hopefully by next week I can get it into the shop.

How many of you use IE10? I'm thinking of maybe upgrading to it and seeing if that helps. I can always get rid of it and go back to IE8 if it is more of a hassle than anything. I did not like IE9, at all.

Old  April 22nd, 2013, 8:44am     #15
pattywack
Senior Sweeper

Maybe this will work
http://youtu.be/GdNHPtATsc4