Old  January 16th, 2013, 6:25pm     #1
rja00
Sweeper

my town winner from pch
I just started sweeping first week of January

I tried to respond to the pch thread but it said there was not post in 6 months so it was closed

look what my neighbor won
http://www.citizentribune.com/?p=35312
  Old  January 16th, 2013, 6:32pm     #2
Ravzie
Grand Master Sweeper

Awesome win! Welcome to the board.

Old  January 16th, 2013, 7:01pm     #3
lititz
Master Sweeper

Wow - "People really do win" -- lol

Good for them - and welcome!

My Blog
  Old  February 10th, 2013, 9:58am     #4
deelytful1
Master Sweeper

Thanks, after putting together my jigsaw puzzle of a PCH entry just now, I was searching the forums to see if PCH was truly legit. I mean, I know they award prizes, but a friend of mine said he worked for them years ago (25 or so) and they would throw away all the entries that did not have orders.

I'd like to ask this guy if he bought something with every entry submitted.

Also... What happens if you're not home????
  Old  February 10th, 2013, 11:21am     #5
TawnyNY
Senior Master Sweeper

They are legit as well as the Reader's Digest sweeps but be aware there are scammers that pose as officials from these companys to defraud you in sending money to them to collect your winnings.

My sister almost fell for a caller saying he was from Readers Digest and won a million dollars. Just as she was sending a western union payment of 2000.00 for "security clearance" the owner of the Mailbox etc. store (former cop) talked her out of it and told her it was a scam. But other family members try to tell her it was a scam before that and she didn't listen because she thought everyone was jealous. She is a college educated professional in her mid 60s, not some lonely, gullible elderly person.
  Old  February 10th, 2013, 4:27pm     #6
Globug_47
Grand Master Sweeper

How awesome for your neighbor!

It's always good to hear when there are winners in the PCH sweeps. It gives us hope!

Old  March 16th, 2013, 11:24pm     #7
NE Pa winner
Junior Sweeper

I just wanted to add that PCH is definately real. I recently won $1,000 from them. I also had a next door neighbor win $5,000. And a girl I went to high school with won twice, I think it was $15,000, and three months later another $25,000.
  Old  March 17th, 2013, 12:51am     #8
Iknownothing
Senior Sweeper

PBS and some others were sued by the government many years ago. While they didn't admit guilt, as part of the settlement, they had to clean up their act, make it more obvious that you didn't have to buy to win and hire an outside group to oversee entries and make sure they adhered to that. So while they may have had problems in the past, they are watched more closely now and more than one winner has admitted to not ordering anything.

Imagine if they all learned not that everyone has to be friends but that they could not be friends, with compassion and decency. - Meredith Melnick
  Old  March 17th, 2013, 2:11am     #9
isavegas
Master Sweeper

Glad to know PCH is legit. I spend hours daily on their website piling up those tokens and entering sweeps!

My eBay
My ols FSOT
My Facebbook
  Old  March 17th, 2013, 7:29am     #10
Norstar1
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TawnyNY View Post
They are legit as well as the Reader's Digest sweeps but be aware there are scammers that pose as officials from these companys to defraud you in sending money to them to collect your winnings.

My sister almost fell for a caller saying he was from Readers Digest and won a million dollars. Just as she was sending a western union payment of 2000.00 for "security clearance" the owner of the Mailbox etc. store (former cop) talked her out of it and told her it was a scam. But other family members try to tell her it was a scam before that and she didn't listen because she thought everyone was jealous. She is a college educated professional in her mid 60s, not some lonely, gullible elderly person.
Just because someone has a college education does not mean they have any intelligence!!! I think that street smarts are more valuable to have then some college education that is meaningless!!!

My Wins -- http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com....php?t=1114350
  Old  March 17th, 2013, 10:31am     #11
jolee62
Grand Master Sweeper

Old  March 17th, 2013, 6:26pm     #12
Jane Mansfield
Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelytful1 View Post
Thanks, after putting together my jigsaw puzzle of a PCH entry just now, I was searching the forums to see if PCH was truly legit. I mean, I know they award prizes, but a friend of mine said he worked for them years ago (25 or so) and they would throw away all the entries that did not have orders.

Is that true?! I'd never order anything from PCH.
  Old  March 17th, 2013, 6:29pm     #13
MrsM
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norstar1 View Post
think that street smarts are more valuable to have then some college education that is meaningless!!!
I TOTALLY agree with that statement - alot of people I know have degrees, but are dumb as a stump when it comes to the real world. And you don't have to pay back street smarts.
  Old  March 17th, 2013, 9:24pm     #14
connie123
Master Sweeper

cool!!!!
  Old  March 27th, 2013, 2:29am     #15
davisesq212
Senior Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelytful1 View Post

The guy mentioned in his interview he has bought items from PCH.

To the other posters on here who said they won, did you guys buy anything from PCH?

Although everyone can do as they wish, I cannot even remotely fathom spending hours a day on the PCH site trying to win (tokens or what not). To each his own though.