Old  April 10th, 2012, 2:22am     #16
Kelly222boogie
Sweeper

Today
Today I was suspended and they told me not to use @reply button like all the rafflcopters use..I dont get it? if i cant use that..whats the point?

Hello,

This account was suspended for sending multiple unsolicited messages using the @reply and/or mention feature. These features are intended to make communication between people on Twitter easier. Twitter monitors the use of these features to make sure they are used as intended and not for abuse. Using either feature to post messages to a bunch of users in an unsolicited or egregious manner is considered an abuse of its use, which results in account suspension.

For more information about these features, please visit our @Replies and Mentions help page:

http://support.twitter.com/articles/14023

Before reinstating your account, we request:

• If you are using tools to help you automatically message users, please stop.
• If you've signed up for a service aimed at sending targeted @ replies, you'll need to discontinue use and change your password, so they're no longer able to access your account.
• If you were messaging large numbers of users via @ reply manually, please don't continue to do so.

Could you reply to this message to confirm that you'll cease any of the above behaviors?

Thanks,
Twitter Trust & Safety

anyway..another problem i was having was i was at follower limit 2,000 on twitter and 5,000 on facebook after just 4 1/2 months of blogging everyday....the blog contest creators seem to not understand that hastle...we need to be able to purge our account every 3 months or jump of a bridge and get out out of blogging.

Now they have directed me to a page where there is no help....Looks like the TSA works for twitter also

"Twitter is no longer accepting email at this address. If you need help using Twitter, please visit http://help.twitter.com for information & assistance. "

lookout if you use auto reply on raffle blogs...something in one of those tweets triggered my account to Hell!!
  Old  April 10th, 2012, 2:51am     #17
RockysJewel
Grand Master Sweeper

If you dint interact with others by chatting to your friends and others they assume you are a disney. Stay saying hello to people you follow and interact done and you well be ok

I am not Rocky . I am ~JEWEL~
  Old  April 10th, 2012, 8:34am     #18
Moms3Sons
Master Sweeper

if you add a . before the @ symbol, the mentioned won't be notified that they were mentioned. For example: Giveaway from .@abcde - Maybe that would help?
  Old  April 10th, 2012, 9:53am     #19
lmaomostly
Master Sweeper

I don't think anyone who has held a contest has reported you for spamming. It's just a twitter thing, they suspended you because you don't have any personal tweets, especially compared to your contest sweeps.
Try sending out a few "personal" tweets a day. Like "Today I had Eggs Benedict for breakfast" and "super yummy!" Or choose some quotes, song phrases, sayings, proverb...whatever. Just try to send one personal for every 3-5 contest tweets and see how that works.

I've been put off for an hour or two on twitter, but never suspended. It might also be a new thing, I heard somewhere that because of complaints to twitter and authorities about contests/sweeps not following through and/or being fair, that they are tightening up.

Good Luck OLS members!
  Old  April 10th, 2012, 10:45am     #20
bomar97
Grand Master Sweeper

I have reported spamming a couple times in the past.. always someone I don't know.. who sends some link about check this out.. or buy this.. or look at these pics..

First, I pull up their profile and look at what is on there.. if I see them sending the same tweet to everyone else and have 0 to 5 followers, I'll report them.. If I see they send out other tweets, not just the linked one.. and have more than 5 followers, I don't report it..

Sometimes those I didn't report are gone from my feed so I assume someone else reported them.

And I still think it's like OLS.. you can report, but it's up to someone at twitter to decide if it's spam. I'd hat to think someone could mark a tweet as spam just because they don't like someone and get them banned from twitter!!

Time to win, win, win!!
  Old  April 10th, 2012, 11:26am     #21
bigskwinner
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomar97 View Post
I have reported spamming a couple times in the past.. always someone I don't know.. who sends some link about check this out.. or buy this.. or look at these pics..

First, I pull up their profile and look at what is on there.. if I see them sending the same tweet to everyone else and have 0 to 5 followers, I'll report them.. If I see they send out other tweets, not just the linked one.. and have more than 5 followers, I don't report it..

Sometimes those I didn't report are gone from my feed so I assume someone else reported them.

And I still think it's like OLS.. you can report, but it's up to someone at twitter to decide if it's spam. I'd hat to think someone could mark a tweet as spam just because they don't like someone and get them banned from twitter!!
I do this as well, esp when you can see that they sent the same message to 10 other people

my wins

you JELLY?
  Old  April 12th, 2012, 4:05am     #22
stridentapple
Junior Sweeper

Twitter hates me too
I'm having the same problem. I thought it was a newbie issue that other people were getting around but maybe no one is using twitter as much as I am/we are.

That said I've probably entered hundreds of blog contests in the past week and haven't had one win yet! I really am unlucky. Maybe I should give up while I'm [not] ahead.
  Old  April 12th, 2012, 11:17pm     #23
antennaball
Master Sweeper

if you are having the generic background, the egg as avatar and no bio makes you (not naming anybody specifically) look like a spammer if you are just retweeting links

"tenna follows back https://twitter.com/#!/left_the_stars
America - What Time Is Love?!
Got Klout? Me too! http://klout.com/#/left_the_stars I give back within 24 hours
  Old  April 13th, 2012, 1:09am     #24
RockysJewel
Grand Master Sweeper

If someone enters contests a lot trust me there are many on there who will see that it is the same person using more than one account to enter. We have found many and one was so disappointing because we all really liked her but winning with 4 accounts really isn't OK
twitter suspended all the accounts and blocked their IP although im sure there are ways aroudn that

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoirLeSoleil View Post
To answer my own question...can we have multiple twitter accounts. Per Twitter rules:

"You may not create serial accounts for disruptive or abusive purposes, or with overlapping use cases. Mass account creation may result in suspension of all related accounts. Please note that any violation of the Twitter Rules is cause for permanent suspension of all accounts."

I wonder how they know which counts are related. By IP address?

They also state that if the majority of your tweets contain links, that is considered spamming and is therefore against the rules. Well I only use twitter to enter contests, so all my tweets contain links. I would have to create thousands of fake non-link tweets to get around this one.

I guess I'm going to have to create more twitter accounts and divide up my blogs, assigning each to a certain account.

I am not Rocky . I am ~JEWEL~
  Old  April 13th, 2012, 2:20am     #25
bigskwinner
Grand Master Sweeper

well everyone in my house has a twitter account so I hope they don't go by IP

my wins

you JELLY?
  Old  April 13th, 2012, 5:47am     #26
antennaball
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly222boogie View Post
Today I was suspended and they told me not to use @reply button like all the rafflcopters use..I dont get it? if i cant use that..whats the point?

Hello,

This account was suspended for sending multiple unsolicited messages using the @reply and/or mention feature. These features are intended to make communication between people on Twitter easier. Twitter monitors the use of these features to make sure they are used as intended and not for abuse. Using either feature to post messages to a bunch of users in an unsolicited or egregious manner is considered an abuse of its use, which results in account suspension.

For more information about these features, please visit our @Replies and Mentions help page:

http://support.twitter.com/articles/14023

Before reinstating your account, we request:

If you are using tools to help you automatically message users, please stop.
If you've signed up for a service aimed at sending targeted @ replies, you'll need to discontinue use and change your password, so they're no longer able to access your account.
If you were messaging large numbers of users via @ reply manually, please don't continue to do so.

Could you reply to this message to confirm that you'll cease any of the above behaviors?

Thanks,
Twitter Trust & Safety

anyway..another problem i was having was i was at follower limit 2,000 on twitter and 5,000 on facebook after just 4 1/2 months of blogging everyday....the blog contest creators seem to not understand that hastle...we need to be able to purge our account every 3 months or jump of a bridge and get out out of blogging.

Now they have directed me to a page where there is no help....Looks like the TSA works for twitter also

"Twitter is no longer accepting email at this address. If you need help using Twitter, please visit http://help.twitter.com for information & assistance. "

lookout if you use auto reply on raffle blogs...something in one of those tweets triggered my account to Hell!!
can you check on your twitter what DM's you sent out?
I am asking because there is one or more app floating around what tweets on your behalf saying something "This person is saying something terrible about you and then a link to a malware site"

"tenna follows back https://twitter.com/#!/left_the_stars
America - What Time Is Love?!
Got Klout? Me too! http://klout.com/#/left_the_stars I give back within 24 hours
  Old  April 13th, 2012, 7:20am     #27
sottovoce
Senior Master Sweeper

I reached my limit of "following" last month...I was so frustrated. A very kind blogger gave me a link to a site that one can use to see all who are not following you but you are following. Then I "unfollowed" all the bloggers who were not following me and I refuse to re-follow those that are thoughtless enough to not follow in return. I feel liberated!

If anyone wants the link to that very useful service pm me and I will send it...would post it here, but not sure OLS would approve.

Brent Toady!
  Old  May 11th, 2012, 12:29am     #28
sewmuchstuff
Senior Sweeper

I just got suspended. I was entering giveaways and tweeting through rafflecopter. I only did maybe 5 this evening so far and now I got the boot.
  Old  May 11th, 2012, 3:00am     #29
LUCKYLADY43
Master Sweeper

Thumbs down
Me too for me following to many tweeters I guess I hit my limit of 1,000.At least that's what they said.
  Old  May 11th, 2012, 9:34am     #30
sewmuchstuff
Senior Sweeper

How long does it take for them to respond? Crap I'm totally missing out on my extra entries and bloggers are going to think that I liked about following. grrrr!