Old  April 29th, 2012, 12:28am     #1
Liz1218
Junior Sweeper

I know, I know. Patience....
I've only been "sweeping" for maybe 2-3 days but.. How long will it take until I'm maybe going to win something?

Better question - How long did it take for you to win?

Ty,
Liz
  Old  April 29th, 2012, 12:43am     #2
jstdeb
Senior Sweeper

well for one depends on what kinds of sweeps you are entering,blogs? regular sweeps? You just have to learn which ways are best for you.for example on thursday i won 3 blog prizes but i do wish you my wins and welcome to ols
  Old  April 29th, 2012, 12:46am     #3
Nana*2*4
Senior Master Sweeper

Welcome Liz!! It takes a bit of time for quite few of the prizes to start arriving...if you look at the rules a lot of them will say that the prize will arrive 6-8 weeks after the drawing.....some arrive sooner I won from a magazine and recd the gift about a week after being notified. Sometimes you are notified and sometimes things just show up ( these are really the best). For me it was about 2 months after starting to sweep full time. Happy Sweeping and many Wins to you!!!

Dance..as though no one is watching,
Love....as though you have never been hurt before,
Sing.....as though no one can hear you,
Live......as though heaven is on earth ....Souza
  Old  April 29th, 2012, 1:06am     #4
imaclutz89
Master Sweeper

We have people that have been on this site for months and are posting the same topic. It can take months. It depends on how many sweeps you are entering and if you are entering blogs. No given amount of time. I won a digital camera the first week off an IWG, but remember besides IWGs, you may be entering for sweeps that end in a month or two so you won't get the results if you did win until then.

IWG = Instant Win Games*

Also I can honestly say you win more often being premium. I said I wouldn't renew my premium last year if I didn't win something worth $30 that was worth the money in the time remaining of my last premium subscription. Well, I won $500 off a premium sweep, so it stayed. It IS worth it.
  Old  April 29th, 2012, 6:01am     #5
jolee62
Grand Master Sweeper

You are right! It definately takes more than a few days or months to win!!

Old  April 29th, 2012, 8:00am     #6
PanamaKay
Master Sweeper

How about ...you could win tomorrow, OR it could be 8 months from now, or a year. The answer is persistence. Sweep every day, and eventually a win will occur. No promises that it will be a big one, though I haven't had a big win in abouth three years.

My Wins
  Old  April 29th, 2012, 11:08am     #7
sis7460
Master Sweeper

Keep Entering!!
When I came to OLS, a member told me to enter every instant win every day. She was right, I started winning (little prizes but so exciting) and then after about two months, the regular sweeps started ending and I started getting a few of them.
It can take time, but if you are sweeping because you enjoy the "thrill of the hunt", you are on the right path..
Instant Win Games..
Welcome to OLS..

Ever wonder how engineers think?
http://opinionbypen.com
  Old  April 29th, 2012, 11:29am     #8
karenl1920
Sweeper

Welcome!

For 9 years, I have never won anything during the months January - April (for whatever reason). After that, I usually win small to medium prizes through the end of the year. I don't enter blogs or FB.
  Old  April 29th, 2012, 11:37am     #9
mlnii
Master Sweeper

Cool Wow 2-3 days........
This may not be the hobby for you.

........ marvin
  Old  April 29th, 2012, 12:24pm     #10
chancebunny
Grand Master Sweeper

Welcome to OLS! You've gotten some good advice here. I've seen some new people post that they won an instant within a week of starting sweeping. Others don't win their first prize for several months, and if you are a seasoned sweeper, you can hit dry spells where you don't win anything for a while too. Enter as often as possible and hopefully you will see some wins soon. Good luck!

Our task must be to free ourselves...by widening our circle of compassion
to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty.

Albert Einstein
  Old  April 29th, 2012, 12:37pm     #11
Kayte71
Grand Master Sweeper

Give it a year. That is a long enough time for you to see what sweeping is really like. You get what you put into it.Lots of entries will eventually pay off. Good luck!

Deepak_Chopra Your true essence is beyond the ego. It is fearless; free; it is immune to criticism; it does not fear any challenge. It is beneath no one.
  Old  April 29th, 2012, 1:06pm     #12
Candicesweeps
Sweeper

Talking
Welcome! I started in March and I enter about 166 that are dailies saved in MySweeps and then I enter the ones that are ending 2 days from today (to stay ahead), then I enter all the instant and then, at the end of the day, enter the new ones from today. In total, I probably enter close to 400 a day. I have won three prizes and two of them, I was notified almost 2 weeks after I won. I won those about two weeks ago and still haven't received them. Like everyone said, once you win something, it could be a few months before you get them and sometimes, you don't even get emailed that you won. Just hang in there! It's so fun when you do win, it's like Christmas morning!
Best of luck and happy sweeping!
  Old  April 29th, 2012, 1:17pm     #13
muncha66
Master Sweeper

Yup, that -
... and enter for a Stella Artois chalice, it'll probably make you feel better!

Last edited by muncha66; April 29th, 2012 at 1:18pm. Reason: left out a letter...
  Old  April 29th, 2012, 2:28pm     #14
JenniferPaige
Master Sweeper

I was doing instant win games here and there for a year before I won anything. If I'm consistent and enter everyday (blogs, instant win games, dailies, 1x'ers) then I average about 5-15 small wins a month. In 4 months I will have been sweeping for a year, pretty heavily and I've never won anything to write home about.