Old  February 22nd, 2012, 3:06pm     #1
crazicow
Junior Sweeper

Is this Legit?
Hey everyone, I'm a new guy to the forums! That being said, I entered a photo contest on FaceBook awhile ago and didn't really expect much from it. That being said, I got an email saying this today:

"Dear ________

We're happy to let you know you're a Finalist in the BlackBerry Verizon Famtastic Challenge! You've won a BlackBerry prize pack which includes four (4) BlackBerry smartphone devices and four (4) $50 Verizon Wireless gift cards that can be used for one (1) month of free data service (terms and conditions apply). This prize has an approximate retail value of $1300. Congratulations!

To confirm your win, and your eligibility, please complete a Declaration of Compliance, Liability & Publicity Release ("Declaration"). It's available online by clicking here.

Please fully complete the Declaration and return a signed original to ePrize, the administrator of this promotion. You'll find the mailing address on top of the Declaration. It must be received within seven (7) calendar days of this email. If you do not return your Declaration within this timeframe, you will no longer be eligible for the Grand Prize, and we will need to draw another winner. You may also fax in your completed Declaration to (248)336-5580. Please note, that you must still mail in the original copy to ePrize, once your fax has been received.

As a finalist, you will be able to upload a Finalist Video Submission to be eligible for the Grand Prize. To upload your Finalist Video Submission, visit "________" between March 7th and March 13th. This video should be showcasing the theme of Famtastic Family Moments. Please review the Official rules for video guidelines and content restrictions.

If you are unable to open the Declaration, download Adobe Acrobat Reader from the Adobe website for free.

Once we have received and reviewed your completed Declaration, you'll be sent a follow up email, confirming your win. Once that email is received, you can expect to receive your prize within 8-10 weeks after promotion conclusion.

Please note that if you choose to accept this prize, you will receive a 1099 form (required for all prizes with a value of $600 or more). You may wish to speak with a tax advisor for further information.

For a complete set of Rules for this promotion, please click here. Please refer to them for any questions you may have.

If you have any additional questions, feel free to reply to this email. Just be sure to keep the original subject line.

Congratulations again and thank you for your participation!

Prize Fulfillment Services

fulfillment@eprizefulfillment.com"

I'm in a state of disbelief right now (partially because the form asks for a SS number) but I guess it makes sense since you need to file taxes or something like that if the prize is worth over $600. I've never won anything before (and I'm hoping I did) so I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me identify if this is a scam or a legit notification!

Last edited by crazicow; February 22nd, 2012 at 3:07pm. Reason: Forgot introduction of self
  Old  February 22nd, 2012, 3:11pm     #2
Karen_246
Grand Master Sweeper
Senior Moderator/Editor
PITA

Looks legit to me and you said you entered it. Congrats.

Also, just a fyi, it isn't just over $600 wins you are supposed to pay taxes on. Just wanted to point that out since you mentioned that in your post.

"Once we choose HOPE, EVERYTHING is POSSIBLE" ~ Christopher Reeve
Come check out my blog, please follow if you would like. Looking to get the word out about your company, etsy shop, etc, please give me a shout as I am actively seeking sponsors for reviews and giveaways.
  Old  February 22nd, 2012, 3:14pm     #3
guruwan2b
Grand Master Sweeper

Looks legit, but I would read here and see if you remember actually entering:

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Veriz...rlando_id26237
  Old  February 22nd, 2012, 3:36pm     #4
jdhj2
Master Sweeper

eprize, yes
  Old  February 22nd, 2012, 3:57pm     #5
chrissybum
Master Sweeper

Congratulations!!

Chrissy
Apple iPod (arv $300)
10 personal trainer sessions & 4 hours nutritionist (arv $1400) dvd (arv $20)
Trip to LA for taping of Will & Grace show($3000)
  Old  February 22nd, 2012, 8:34pm     #6
crazicow
Junior Sweeper

Thanks for the help guys - I probably would've seen this as a scam otherwise!
  Old  February 25th, 2012, 12:13pm     #7
daisycarter
Junior Sweeper

Newbie!
Hi, everyone! I'm a newbie! I found this site through e-how.com where I was researching how to get my blog giveaway more visibility! This seems like a great site!
  Old  February 25th, 2012, 1:11pm     #8
webgirl256
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisycarter View Post
Hi, everyone! I'm a newbie! I found this site through e-how.com where I was researching how to get my blog giveaway more visibility! This seems like a great site!
Hi, its ok to start your own thread lol as for sites its great just remember to mark it blog good luck daisy!
  Old  February 25th, 2012, 1:40pm     #9
Full Monte Carlo
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by webgirl256 View Post
Hi, its ok to start your own thread lol as for sites its great just remember to mark it blog good luck daisy!
I did the same thing as a newbie... I didn't know how to start a thread lol welcome newbies and congrats to the OP!

>>>>> My Las Vegas BLOG
  Old  February 25th, 2012, 1:49pm     #10
webgirl256
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Monte Carlo View Post
I did the same thing as a newbie... I didn't know how to start a thread lol welcome newbies and congrats to the OP!
I know just telling them it was ok to do it lol Welcome all the newbies to the site!
  Old  February 25th, 2012, 2:25pm     #11
arouet
Grand Master Sweeper

Congrats on the win!!

And you'll learn to love ePrize, they are the judging organization for so many sweeps, especially the instants, that if you receive an email from them you're usually pretty sure to have won something. We all love them.
  Old  February 25th, 2012, 8:08pm     #12
CanadaSamples
Junior Sweeper

Congrats on your win! That is awesome!
  Old  February 25th, 2012, 8:27pm     #13
brightstarr
Master Sweeper

Congratulations!!! You need to change your name to luckycow. I can,t wait to see what else you win this year. Welcome to the OLS!
  Old  February 25th, 2012, 9:46pm     #14
FreakDuJour
Grand Master Sweeper

Looks legit to me!

Old  April 23rd, 2012, 1:26pm     #15
petee76
Junior Sweeper

What was the outcome? I received the same exact email.