Old  April 23rd, 2012, 12:25pm     #2356
rangerxenos
Grand Master Sweeper

Kathleen, I'm glad you're getting to spend time with your Mom, give her a hug from CT for me!

Also, thank you for sponsoring me in the Relay for Life!
  Old  April 23rd, 2012, 1:37pm     #2357
sula_nsb
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerxenos View Post
Skena, you've got something coming as well, but I suspect it will be at least another week before it gets to you, maybe more.
that's exciting thanks a lot for thinking of me
Quote:
Originally Posted by daskds View Post
Skena - how much fun! Taking Malak to the amusement park. They are so easily entertained at 4. I hardly remember those days!
yes she kept saying " I'm happy happy happy happy 4 happies just like my age " all the day. she's so lovely and always seems content. I'm not sure if I told you before why malak is so special to me. her parents got divorced about 2 years ago and this sweet angel got an Awful father. his like a curse to all of our family. even when my sister tried to get married to someone else he went to him and kept telling him lies about us lead to the end of the relationship and for malak to loose a second father whom she started to love. she didn't get get a typical family life ever . it kills me when I notice her looks sad while watching a tv show with a father and daughter in it or seeing my brother with his daughter but all of our family adores her and try to make her happy as she really deserves.

Old  April 23rd, 2012, 2:32pm     #2358
FreakDuJour
Grand Master Sweeper

Dawn I just opened the package you sent! I LOVE the adorable penguin shirt! LOVE IT!!
Thank you, so much for thinking of me

Old  April 23rd, 2012, 5:35pm     #2359
kimkij
Senior Master Sweeper

Tina, I just wanted to let you know that I brought the butterfly bonanza to my place of work. I put the butterfly clips on the wall to my cubicle and the butterfly magnets on the metal cabinet. I used four butterfly cards to send out to SMF friends for Thinking of You and Birthday wishes. I also have almost eaten one package of Nerds. Yum! Thanks again!

Kimberly
  Old  April 23rd, 2012, 6:19pm     #2360
ariyana9501
Senior Master Sweeper

Donna! THANK YOU for the sweet package today! I LOVE the book, can't wait to read it, and I sincerely hope to meet you one day. It really can't be that far off into the future, since you really aren't that far from me!!!!! I am so glad to be your friend!

Time stands still.....
  Old  April 23rd, 2012, 6:41pm     #2361
ariyana9501
Senior Master Sweeper

Just bought another something through Etsy to be mailed to one of my awesome friends here. Be on the lookout!

Time stands still.....
  Old  April 23rd, 2012, 7:05pm     #2362
daskds
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by souldolphindream View Post
Thank you all for your kind words. It has been a release for my whole family. My Bella put a picture of her dad up on the wall. I keep telling myself to just remember the good about him and that is all she needs to know. Sending a package to her grandma today that Bella, Caleb, and I put together.

How sweet that the kids put together a package for her!

"..it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan
  Old  April 23rd, 2012, 11:11pm     #2363
tinamarina71
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimkij View Post
Tina, I just wanted to let you know that I brought the butterfly bonanza to my place of work. I put the butterfly clips on the wall to my cubicle and the butterfly magnets on the metal cabinet. I used four butterfly cards to send out to SMF friends for Thinking of You and Birthday wishes. I also have almost eaten one package of Nerds. Yum! Thanks again!

Aww Kim - I am so glad I didn't over do it on the Butterfly madness. I love doing Theme boxes for people and your list said you love butterflies.

I also think of you as our own beautiful OLS butterfly who is always doing kind things here and there for us.

My next box will go out to an SMFer next week.

This week I am sending a box out to another OLSer who is not an SMF member but was kind enough to mail me her beloved tea cups and saucers to make a lamp with.

I am sending her several books autographed by the author. Chris' aunt TJ is a famous Christian author with several books published and one really nice coffee table book about Reno Air - our very own airline that is now defunct.

I have all of TJ's books and I Feel so blessed when I read them. She recently wrote a new book and just came off of her book tour. She's also besties with Toni Tenille (of Captain and Tenille fame).

She autographed each book for me to send to my pal and I thought that was just amazing of her.

Well that is enough of my rambling.

Kath - I am so happy for you to spend this time with your mom!

Leigh - Happy Belated to Travis!!!

D'Andra- just continued hugs for you and your family.

Andrianita - We sure miss you here regularly!!!

Deb - hope you are doing better.

Dawn - Hi!!

Both Vickie's - Hugs to each of you.... big big hugs!

Rich - Hi there Lurker LOL!

Skena - I hope my postcard makes it to you soon. I still have the one you sent me a few years ago and I treasure it.

Gayle - I carry the tote bag you made me every single day to work and the runner has a place of honor down my dining room table. I am so blessed to have your work!

Tara- I just love you to pieces you caffeine addicted IRS worker!!!

DCliffy - I won't guess a time since I stink at that sort of thing but it sounds like your girl is the light of your life.

If I forgot anyone - definitely NOT intentional. Hugs and light to one and all.

"Yes, Jesus loves you. Everyone else thinks you're an A - Hole!"

TREAT PEOPLE THE WAY YOU EXPECT TO BE TREATED!!
  Old  April 23rd, 2012, 11:21pm     #2364
FreakDuJour
Grand Master Sweeper

It's all quiet here tonight- Travis turned 18 yesterday and has already struck out with his independence and gone off for an undetermined amount of time to visit with his "father". Not a thing I can do about it- when he left I burst into tears after the door closed.
I know this is where he wants to live, but some kind of adventure bug bit him in the butt and he's out there in the world and I just worry- I can't protect him
This is way harder than I thought it would be.

I just passed by his room and noticed he made up his bed before he left- and started crying all over again.

Old  April 23rd, 2012, 11:28pm     #2365
tinamarina71
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakDuJour View Post
It's all quiet here tonight- Travis turned 18 yesterday and has already struck out with his independence and gone off for an undetermined amount of time to visit with his "father". Not a thing I can do about it- when he left I burst into tears after the door closed.
I know this is where he wants to live, but some kind of adventure bug bit him in the butt and he's out there in the world and I just worry- I can't protect him
This is way harder than I thought it would be.

I just passed by his room and noticed he made up his bed before he left- and started crying all over again.
How is your daughter doing sweetie?

Travis is just finding his manhood. Don't worry - they always need their Mom.

"Yes, Jesus loves you. Everyone else thinks you're an A - Hole!"

TREAT PEOPLE THE WAY YOU EXPECT TO BE TREATED!!
  Old  April 24th, 2012, 12:06am     #2366
FreakDuJour
Grand Master Sweeper

He's just so vulnerable, Tina- he's not really 18 mentally, with his ADHD and all. I know i'm being silly and overprotective- but I just can't help it.

My daughter is scheduled for surgery the first week of May to repair her shoulder injuries- she seems to be doing alright- though she is very sick with a head and chest cold right now. She's still uninsured and unemployed- we're all just trying to take care of her.

Thank you for asking- that was really sweet of you

Old  April 24th, 2012, 6:08am     #2367
souldolphindream
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathBrat View Post
Poppin in with a quick hello

Been reading the posts - please know everyone is in my heart. And I wish healing vibes and positive futures for you all.

Mom arrived safely on Saturday night. It was really nice to come home to her on Sunday morning.
We got to eat a late breakfast on the patio, then took a nap to acclimate me to day time, and then had supper on the patio again. The weather is cooperating and being nice but not overly hot/cold.

She is sleeping now since she is used to it being 2 hours earlier.

If she is up to it, probably going to try going to the movies. I think we will see Hunger Games.

btw, Thank you again D'Andra for the book cash, it helped me splurge to get my own copy of Hunger games, which both mom and I will enjoy reading.

Wishing you all a Wonderful Day!
So happy to hear that you and your mom are having a good time. Hugs

Rainbow of Light and Love
  Old  April 24th, 2012, 6:15am     #2368
souldolphindream
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakDuJour View Post
He's just so vulnerable, Tina- he's not really 18 mentally, with his ADHD and all. I know i'm being silly and overprotective- but I just can't help it.

My daughter is scheduled for surgery the first week of May to repair her shoulder injuries- she seems to be doing alright- though she is very sick with a head and chest cold right now. She's still uninsured and unemployed- we're all just trying to take care of her.

Thank you for asking- that was really sweet of you
Your not being silly. You are being a mom who loves her son very much and wants the best for him

Rainbow of Light and Love
  Old  April 24th, 2012, 6:34am     #2369
KathBrat
Senior Master Sweeper

Mom and I went to see Hunger Games on Monday. It was strange to be at the theater at noon, there were only four other people in there with us.
I have not been to a movie in ages. I can not believe a full price admission for an adult is $9.25! Yikes! The cheapest time for viewing is $5.50 and that still seems like a lot.
We did have some movie passes I was able to score for cheap from another OLS' r for Carmike which made it more reasonable, and then I splurged for the large $8.50 popcorn.
Hate to admit it, but I have not been to the movies in more years than I can remember.

We had a very nice time. I wasn't sure if the movie would be to Mom's liking, but she actually enjoyed it. The only part that made it difficult and I concurred with her, was sometimes the filming would do a blurring thing on some of the scenes, and that made it difficult to stay focused on what was going on. I will not be a spoiler for anyone, there is a scene very near the end that was what I call "beautiful". The female lead is quite pretty too.

When we went I took my lovely purse that Gayle made me and put our water bottles in it. My mom who used to sew all our clothes when I was little, was checking it out, admiring the great seamstress work and I think she was a touch envious (in a good way - lol)

When we got home, mom started reading the book, and commented how some of the movie was now making a bit more sense. I usually read first, watch later. In this case I read some, then watched and will now finish reading - LOL. I think I will then move onto the next book in the trilogy.

Richard made us dinner last night, and then I help mom clean out her email. She had over 4500 emails!!!!! And that is just ONE of her accounts. She also has a combined one that she used with dad. I think we might tackle that one today and also I suggested she clean out the junk mail on that one and then just use her "joint" email as her bill and medicine account, so it will help her with those scammers out there. Apparently my Aunt got conned out of thousands and thousands on a painting and magazines. Just crazy stuff.

Mom is sleeping and I'm playing catch up with my emails.

Wishing everyone a TERRIFIC TUESDAY!!!

To be capable of steady friendship or lasting love, are the two greatest proofs, not only of goodness of heart, but of strength of mind.
  Old  April 24th, 2012, 7:57am     #2370
rangerxenos
Grand Master Sweeper

Leigh, a {BIG HUG} to you today.
Closed Thread