ironbutterfly
Grand Master Sweeper

I had some nice wine and a beer in the yard with an old friend who moved

All I Want For You My Son Is To Be Satisfied
  Old  April 17th, 2012, 9:44am     #872
OLSPickedMyNick
Senior Master Sweeper

Good Morning my lovely ladies!

One more day with the kids and then four days off and this grandma is ready freddy! LOL They are so much fun but soooooooo much work. Anyway, won a couple of small things the last couple of days.

I hope everyone is doing well. SD how is the new city? I hope you can find lots of things you love there.

Off to enter, enter and enter some more.

Much love and hugs to all of you.

Becky
  Old  April 19th, 2012, 11:12am     #873
OLSPickedMyNick
Senior Master Sweeper

Good Morning ladies!

Everyone has been quiet. I hope you are all doing well.

Angie you ok?

We are both sick here. Doug has a stomach virus and I have a cold. Both suck.

Have a great day everyone and I hope you are quiet because you are winning a bunch of goodies.

Becky
  Old  April 19th, 2012, 11:30am     #874
secular
Grand Master Sweeper

Becky .... feel better.
  Old  April 19th, 2012, 11:58am     #875
OLSPickedMyNick
Senior Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by secular View Post
Becky .... feel better.
I would kiss you but I don't want to spread the ickies.

Becky
  Old  April 19th, 2012, 12:03pm     #876
SaneDough
Master Sweeper

Feel better OLS! Plenty of fluids, and REST! We can't have you under the weather if we get the urgent need to run off and have a weekend of debauchery...now can we? Who would corral all the 22 year old boys for us!?
  Old  April 19th, 2012, 12:31pm     #877
HistoryMystery
Grand Master Sweeper

I'm here! There's just not much to report!

I started swimming again this week. I feel AWESOME. AWE.SOME. If I keep this up, I might be skinny again one day!

We're having a potluck for a co-worker in the building who is leaving. I just whipped up the most amazing jalapeno popper dip. I really just want to keep it all for myself. It's delicious.

My sister and I are planning a TON of adventures for the next 4 weeks. After she leaves, I will need you all to rotate weekends in DC so I have someone to accompany on adventures. Okthx.
  Old  April 19th, 2012, 12:51pm     #878
ironbutterfly
Grand Master Sweeper

I need that recipe! I have a party in 2 weeks to go to

I'm quiet because work is stressful and the sun is shining, so I'm out in the yard as soon as I get home. I bought a lay down chair for the yard and have been retreating to it every day until the sun goes down.

I am back off sweeping. My one and only win turned into a complete hassle to receive and I am just so blah about it now My ass probably doesn't need me to enjoy a sedentary hobby when I have a sedentary job either

All I Want For You My Son Is To Be Satisfied
  Old  April 19th, 2012, 2:48pm     #879
trainmom
Senior Master Sweeper

MMmmmmm that dip sounds hot and yummy. Please post your recipe. thx
  Old  April 19th, 2012, 2:55pm     #880
SaneDough
Master Sweeper

I also need the recipe HM! I love a good dip.

IB...I just know you would love to get some decent wins under your belt. Trust me, a few hours of hassle are so worth it when the check finally arrives! But I get it, it can be frustrating and seem hopeless. I put in a few hours every day and really reap great benefits...but if it isnt fun...no amount of money is worth it.

So train...any job prospects? What am I doing that's productive??? Me? I am drinking a Raskin Bobbins Mint chocolate chip milkshake. Yummmm.

And yes HM...I would love to be a distraction to you for a weekend, but Im sure my old ass Granny self would only slow ya down.
  Old  April 19th, 2012, 3:03pm     #881
secular
Grand Master Sweeper

That dip sounds good.

SD, I had the strangest dream 2 nights ago. We were moving to Lexington, KY (?) and that I was so excited that we would be in neighboring states.
  Old  April 19th, 2012, 3:09pm     #882
SaneDough
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by secular View Post
That dip sounds good.

SD, I had the strangest dream 2 nights ago. We were moving to Lexington, KY (?) and that I was so excited that we would be in neighboring states.
I like Lexington. And yes, we would be really close.

We got lost getting off the freeway going towards the hotel in Lexington, and saw the most lovely homes. Huge blue grass, horses, fresh air. Ahhh. Keep dreamin. For both of us!
  Old  April 19th, 2012, 3:18pm     #883
HistoryMystery
Grand Master Sweeper

Here is the recipe for the dip (you can halve it if you're just making it for a couple of people, but you'll probably wish you made the whole thing).

2 8 oz blocks cream cheese (I used light)
2/3 cup mayonnaise (I used light)
2 tbsp minced garlic (yes, tablespoons. You can use less if you don't love garlic. Or more if you do!)
Poblano and/or jalapeno peppers, diced. (If I'm making it for a wide audience, I use one poblano and one small jalapeno. If I'm making it for me, I use, like, 8 jalapenos. )
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (not the powdered stuff in the jar)
1 cup 4-cheese Mexican blend

Place cream cheese, mayo, garlic, and peppers in a small crock pot that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. (If you have a larger pot, it will just cook faster.) Turn it to low for about an hour. Stir ingredients together and replace lid. About 15 minutes before serving, stir in the cheeses and set pot to warm.

You could probably do this on the stovetop or in the microwave. I just needed something I could put together and forget about and serve right from the dish.

I dipped tortilla chips, carrots, and celery in it. It would also be great with bread, crackers, a spoon, etc.
  Old  April 19th, 2012, 3:22pm     #884
SaneDough
Master Sweeper

speaking of mayo...I have made my own for years...but the Olive Oil Hellmann's/Best Foods Olive Oil has a great texture like homemade, and has so far fewer calories than their regular mayo. I love it.

Old  April 19th, 2012, 4:08pm     #885
secular
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaneDough View Post
speaking of mayo...I have made my own for years...but the Olive Oil Hellmann's/Best Foods Olive Oil has a great texture like homemade, and has so far fewer calories than their regular mayo. I love it.

I like homemade mayo but I love Hain Celestial Light Safflower. VERY pricey so I stock up when it is on sale.
Closed Thread