Old  December 2nd, 2011, 5:45pm     #16
TapDancer
Master Sweeper

I won $500 from them back in April--- could have knocked me over with a feather! I was disappointed that no one showed up with balloons but a check did arrive rather quickly.
Ya can't win if you don't enter!

Old  December 2nd, 2011, 5:54pm     #17
awssm
Master Sweeper

I have been one of their "best" customers for over thirty years (they still remember the last year I purchased anything from them) and I keep entering- by snail mail only because I've seen what they can do with email-
hoping to become one of their best winners.
  Old  December 2nd, 2011, 6:06pm     #18
dietingqueen
Senior Sweeper

I don't think it's a scam but I think the chances of winning are astronomical and the entry forms are too cumbersome and too many (basically more work and effort for what the payoff is). I've recently tried to get out from under all forms of publisher clearing house sweeps - it takes forever to stop getting their emails. Sure, I'd love to win $5000 a week for life or a trillion dollar whatever, but I'll step out and let others go for it.

Fat Loss Lass
The Healthiest Meal of the Day
"Join Me in the Beachbody Challenge
  Old  December 2nd, 2011, 6:19pm     #19
awssm
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietingqueen View Post
I don't think it's a scam but I think the chances of winning are astronomical and the entry forms are too cumbersome and too many (basically more work and effort for what the payoff is). I've recently tried to get out from under all forms of publisher clearing house sweeps - it takes forever to stop getting their emails. Sure, I'd love to win $5000 a week for life or a trillion dollar whatever, but I'll step out and let others go for it.
Like I said, IMO it's worth the price of a postage stamp to keep my inbox relatively clear.
  Old  December 2nd, 2011, 6:23pm     #20
fbwilliams69
Senior Sweeper

won a $100.00 from them about three years ago.
  Old  December 2nd, 2011, 6:37pm     #21
desertwings
Sweeper

Nigerian PCH Scam!
Beware....there is a scam under the guise of PCH Sweepstakes. They call from a (876) area code and tell you that you won, and someone will be at your door in 45 minutes. But, you first have to wire them $199 to Nigeria., or a Georgia address. I know someone who just about fell for it. They also ended up with a huge international phone bill because they returned the call. Publishers Clearing House Sweeps is for real. They acknowledged there is a scam going around, it has been reported to the FTC. Also the official representative from Publishers Clearing House said they ONLY notify by coming to your door. You will not receive a phone call or email. Hope no one else gets caught on this one.
  Old  December 3rd, 2011, 4:35am     #22
HeatherC191
Senior Sweeper

You can't win if you don't enter but the mail in ones we were getting were way too much of a hassle. They began REALLY pushing for purchases, having multiple forms, one for purchases only then saying you need a separate one to enter and you have to find two little stickers inside the sea of ads to confirm your entry and sometimes saying that there was no form for free entrees at all and you were supposed to mail in an index card? Sometimes the one for "purchases only" would only say that it was for purchases only in tiny tiny text on the back of the page or shoved in somewhere inconspicuous.

It was fun for a while, like a riddle almost to jump through all the hoops and wade through the ads for silly stuff I didn't need but eventually it got to be too time consuming. We never won anything.
  Old  December 3rd, 2011, 1:28pm     #23
Ardy22
Sweeper

It's not a scam but the odds of winning are simply astronomical. Same can be said for state lotteries for the big prizes.

I dont waste my time nor money on either.