Old  September 11th, 2011, 7:44am     #16
Tonysopranogirl
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolg View Post
Here's some quotes from their Facebook page:

my old school from cali is ranked 33...we have to get passed them...i need to make more accounts

I'm already voting for 36!!

You can ask them to register and once they have confirmed their email address with Avery, you can then take over the voting using their email and password.

I currently have to do 13 every morning!!!

I made my dogs email accounts so that they can vote too!

I am up to 23 now! Everyone is letting me do it for them, but I am HAPPY to do it!!!
Hopefully the sponsor does something this is soooo slimy!
ps got your school again this morning
  Old  September 12th, 2011, 3:40pm     #17
Carolg
Master Sweeper

Heard back from sponsor. They aren't going to do anything about the cheaters. Here is their reply:

Avery is using an industry-standard account verification (CAPTCHA codes
and email confirmation); since we do not check Photo ID, there's no way to
ensure that every account is owned by a real person. Our promotion rules
state: Voters must complete and submit the registration form precisely as
instructed in order for their votes to be eligible. These email addresses
are verified and registration rules are followed.

Thank you for your concern and feedback.

http://givewith.target.com/
  Old  September 12th, 2011, 6:33pm     #18
SweepingBeauty
Grand Master Sweeper

send that info to the school as well, they should hate cheaters more.

“Daughter, your faith has made you well; go in peace, and be healed of your disease.”-Mark 5:34
  Old  September 12th, 2011, 6:50pm     #19
Carolg
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweepingBeauty View Post
send that info to the school as well, they should hate cheaters more.
I think the school knows about it from what I have read. I called the corporate headquarters today and had a chat with the CEO's assistant. She was appalled (or seemed to be). She asked me to forward the info to her.

I never went looking for cheaters. I went searching to see how some of these schools were getting so many votes and I found this. I am sorry I did. It's taken all the fun of trying to win for these kids.

Old  September 12th, 2011, 7:27pm     #20
arouet
Grand Master Sweeper

I'm actually more appalled at the sponsor than the cheaters. We all know that there are dishonest people out there, liars, cheats, thieves etc. They are what they are, and usually by the time they hit adulthood, it's ingrained so deep, it's no longer what they do, but actually the sum total of who they are.

The sponsors on the other hand, are the ones who make me sick. They are supposedly running this contest for completely altruistic reasons, to help out schools, but they have just shown that they don't care about anything but their own bottom line, which in this case is page hits and getting their name in front of as many people as possible. They don't care about the integrity of their contest, they don't care about any sense of fairness when it comes to the outcome of the contest, and they really don't care about the people and or schools that actually took the time to enter this contest.

Well they got their name out there, but certainly not in a good way, with anyone who reads about this. Count me as being totally unimpressed by Avery and anything that they do or produce. All I can think of is that if they don't care about fairness or integrity when it comes to this, what are you going to be able to expect from them if you buy their products and have a problem with them? Are you going to just get a letter like this from them full of puffery about their make believe standards and how they can't be expected to be held responsible for anything higher?
  Old  September 13th, 2011, 3:23pm     #21
Tonysopranogirl
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Heard back from sponsor. They aren't going to do anything about the cheaters. Here is their reply:

Avery is using an industry-standard account verification (CAPTCHA codes
and email confirmation); since we do not check Photo ID, there's no way to
ensure that every account is owned by a real person. Our promotion rules
state: Voters must complete and submit the registration form precisely as
instructed in order for their votes to be eligible. These email addresses
are verified and registration rules are followed.

Thank you for your concern and feedback.
That is awful are you kidding me????????
  Old  September 13th, 2011, 3:35pm     #22
Carolg
Master Sweeper

No, that's their response. In a later post I mentioned that I called the CEO's office. I spoke with one of his assistants. She asked for me to forward her the documentation that I had. She seemed to understand my concern more than whoever replied to my email. I asked her if I could vote for my cats since they were voting for dogs. We were actually laughing at one point.

I also explained to her that CAPTCHA codes only insure that a human being is entering. It does not insure that people are only voting once. I told her that they needed to look at IP addresses. 40 and 50 votes coming from the same IP address is obviously voter fraud. I went on to state that 2 or 3 votes with the same IP address just mean that family members are voting, but that 40 people would not have the same IP address!

I went back and read their rules again. They actually state that unsportsmanship behavior will get you disqualified! Apparently, not.

Old  September 13th, 2011, 10:37pm     #23
Tonysopranogirl
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
No, that's their response. In a later post I mentioned that I called the CEO's office. I spoke with one of his assistants. She asked for me to forward her the documentation that I had. She seemed to understand my concern more than whoever replied to my email. I asked her if I could vote for my cats since they were voting for dogs. We were actually laughing at one point.

I also explained to her that CAPTCHA codes only insure that a human being is entering. It does not insure that people are only voting once. I told her that they needed to look at IP addresses. 40 and 50 votes coming from the same IP address is obviously voter fraud. I went on to state that 2 or 3 votes with the same IP address just mean that family members are voting, but that 40 people would not have the same IP address!

I went back and read their rules again. They actually state that unsportsmanship behavior will get you disqualified! Apparently, not.
Well hopefully they will look into it after she gets on it and dq the cheaters! I have but one day left of my contest and I for one CAN not wait....
  Old  September 14th, 2011, 8:43am     #24
Carolg
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonysopranogirl View Post
Well hopefully they will look into it after she gets on it and dq the cheaters! I have but one day left of my contest and I for one CAN not wait....
How is your school doing? I, too, will be so happy when this is over.

The cheating school has quit posting about their tactics on Facebook leading me to believe that Avery contacted them. But they are probably still voting for all those bogus emails that they setup. LCA only moved up one space yesterday, so there is no way that they can win this. They are 46 right now.

Good Luck with your school.

Old  September 14th, 2011, 2:03pm     #25
Carolg
Master Sweeper

There is another school that is moving very quickly. I couldn't see how they were moving up so fast, so I did a search. Here's what I found:

I registered 11 new friends today for the Avery contest. As long as I registered them, then they would forward the email to me so I could vote daily. That way I don't have to bug them ever day and I know they voted because I'm doing it for them. Do you guys know anyone that you could do this for? We can still come in the money. We just really need to stay focused and try to get some more voters. Let's do it!
Share · September 9 at 8:03pm

Old  September 14th, 2011, 2:26pm     #26
LadyCat
Grand Master Sweeper

that is just awful what message is this sending to these kids-win no matte r how even cheat-is all thats important
the sponsor should be ashamed the way they are handling this sweep i feel for you

Every entry is a potential Winner -
  Old  September 14th, 2011, 4:15pm     #27
Silver Spring
Master Sweeper

Well, you know what they say: Anything worth having is worth cheating for....

Kinda makes you want to friend them and blast them on their own Facebook page, doesn't it?
  Old  September 14th, 2011, 4:50pm     #28
zelda
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Spring View Post
Well, you know what they say: Anything worth having is worth cheating for....

Kinda makes you want to friend them and blast them on their own Facebook page, doesn't it?
I have never heard that saying in my life, what a horrible saying

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/8...nniesigbw1.jpg