Old  August 2nd, 2011, 3:47pm     #76
mtdoonmeister
Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy27 View Post
Im a newbie but I think this sounds a little too good to be true. Has anyone ever really won anything and how many sweepstakes have you won?
I won a blog sweepstakes the first time I entered. A $70 computer case from STM…

I win, on an average, 1-4 times a week.

I've won a Pyrex cooking set, ($300 bucks), and an iPod Touch, ($299). Also, a GoFlex drive.

Some of the prizes are… How shall I put it… 'disappointing'. What looked really good on the screen didn't turn out all that well in real life - I donate these to charity.

Last week, I was out of town and when I got home, there were five prizes waiting for me. And when I picked up my mail, there was a $100 GC. I've also won $150 GCs.

I told a friend of mine, it's the only hobby that you can come home and find that UPS has left $300 of electronics on your front porch that you don't have to pay for.

My sister, who got me into this, only enters commercial sweeps. She wins, a lot. But not as often as I do - I concentrate on blog sweepstakes and I do the commercial sweeps to a certain degree, too.

As far as how many times I've won; I, honestly, don't know. After a couple of times, it begins to blurr.

No, Virginia, it isn't too good to be true... People out there are dying to give you stuff...

Take your time, enter the sweeps you want. Learn to budget your time to spend only on those sweeps you want to win. I guarantee that you will win - and win alot...
  Old  August 2nd, 2011, 4:31pm     #77
Sirius_Moonlight
Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpnqn View Post
nobody ever wins- we pay for membership here so we can hang out and see who posts questions!
Really? That seems pointless!

I do win much more than my $30/yr. Just yesterday I got a mushroom kit in the mail worth $20. Okay, not much, but my family loves mushrooms & science. This seems like a lot of fun! Well worth the $30/yr.

Oh, wait, I won 5 boxes of Fiber One the previous month. This is a cereal I always buy! So, another $20 or so. Now I'm up to $40. Then there was the I Love Trains DVD that a kid I work with (I'm in Pediatric Physical Therapy) absolutely loves and will work for so +$10. The Dr. Scholls inserts (I'm on my feet alot) is a +$50.

Hmm, when you think about the $30 and in 3 wins can say you've got $90 bucks off three wins (not including the Twister game I play now at work, the Rocco DiSpirito cookbook , or the Kaliedescope, Petz Bunny game, or the Screen wipes, . . . yeah, not much to win. Considering I only enter a few times a month. I'm not one of those all day sweepers.

Unless that was sarcasm, I'd say the membership fee was very well worth it!

>
  Old  August 3rd, 2011, 10:02pm     #78
janedr
Sweeper

NOPE, NEVER, not worth the hours you put in for a free bag of skittles
  Old  August 3rd, 2011, 11:20pm     #79
Inkyskeeper
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Im a newbie but I think this sounds a little too good to be true. Has anyone ever really won anything and how many sweepstakes have you won?

lol you sound like i did when i first started through a former friend who told me about sweepstakes...i had some really funny dummie questions and 6 months later i won my trip number 1

so YES this is real...so now that you know enter and shut up lol

Already at over 32.000 points...won 25.000 a few days ago https://www.superpoints.com/join/AfySHwFdXsWdVjyK6ransDzR71A
  Old  August 5th, 2011, 1:32am     #80
flared0ne
Grand Master Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkyskeeper View Post
so YES this is real...so now that you know enter and shut up lol
(and don't TELL anyone!!)
  Old  August 5th, 2011, 1:51am     #81
fly18grl21
Master Sweeper

I earn back my $30 premium membership easily the same week I pay for it. The best $30 I've ever spent.
  Old  August 5th, 2011, 2:54pm     #82
nygrad
Sweeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius_Moonlight View Post
Really? That seems pointless!

I do win much more than my $30/yr. Just yesterday I got a mushroom kit in the mail worth $20. Okay, not much, but my family loves mushrooms & science. This seems like a lot of fun! Well worth the $30/yr.

Oh, wait, I won 5 boxes of Fiber One the previous month. This is a cereal I always buy! So, another $20 or so. Now I'm up to $40. Then there was the I Love Trains DVD that a kid I work with (I'm in Pediatric Physical Therapy) absolutely loves and will work for so +$10. The Dr. Scholls inserts (I'm on my feet alot) is a +$50.

Hmm, when you think about the $30 and in 3 wins can say you've got $90 bucks off three wins (not including the Twister game I play now at work, the Rocco DiSpirito cookbook , or the Kaliedescope, Petz Bunny game, or the Screen wipes, . . . yeah, not much to win. Considering I only enter a few times a month. I'm not one of those all day sweepers.

Unless that was sarcasm, I'd say the membership fee was very well worth it!
I just got the premium membership and I dont mean to be a debbie downer but when I go in the premium section it seems like a lot of the sweeps are only one prize so there are lower odds. I must be missing something because many of you have said that you get back your money and more. Is there a particular away to that you use the premium section I havent seen any sweeps worth entering so far.

I haven't been sweeping long. I started in 2010 and then I stopped and now I'm back at it. I won a bunch of products from glamour, a pair of socks, a DVD, $30 gift card from office depot and a $10 visa gift card. So I know it's possible.
  Old  November 4th, 2011, 4:30pm     #83
ruger9315@hotmai
Junior Sweeper

YES
I WATCHED A T.V SHOW ABOUT WINNING ON-LINE SWEEPSTAKES. BUT DID NOT BELIEVE, BUT I STILL SAT DOWN FOR A FEW WEEKS AND ENTERED ABOUT 200 OR SO. I STOPPED BECAUSE I THINK I ENTERED ABOUT EVERY ONE I COULD FIND AT THE TIME..
ABOUT THREE WEEKS AGO I WAS CONTACTED AND TOLD THAT I WAS A GRAND PRICE WINNER, I DISMISSED IT AS A SCAM..
ABOUT A WEEK LATTER I WAS EMAILED BACK AND TOLD IT WAS MY LAST CHANCE TO SEND FORMS. I WAITED A COUPLE OF DAYS AND FINALLY I DECIDED WHAT THE HECK I WILL SEND THEM IN ..
ABOUT THREE DAYS LATTER I WAS CONTACTED BY THE SPONSOR AND I WAS INFORMED I WON, I WAS STILL VERY SKEPTICAL AND PRETTY MUCH HAD THE WHATEVER ATTITUDE.
TODAY I RECEIVED MY FIRST OF FIVE PRICES FROM FED EX.. I WON A PACKAGE VALUED AT OVER $ 3000... SO YES YOU CAN WIN AND I AM NOT A PERSON TO WIN ANYTHING SO IF I CAN DO IT ANYONE CAN.. IT IS VERY TIME CONSUMING, BUT I MADE $3000 IN ABOUT 40 HOURS OR SO, AND I AM STILL ENTERED IN MANY OTHER SWEEPSTAKES..
I NOW SPEND ABOUT 10 HOURS A MONTH ENTERING SWEEPSTAKES..
  Old  November 4th, 2011, 4:41pm     #84
Robrose63
Master Sweeper

Quote:
took me about 7 years, But I finally won a big one
PA270074.jpg

My Wins
  Old  November 7th, 2011, 10:15pm     #85
Mosaic317
Senior Sweeper

I have only been doing this since August and I probably win several things a week (nothing over $200), but man, I have LOST a lot of sweeps!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL, keep it all in perspective. I am having a blast and get a rush when I win anything, be it a candy bar, an umbrella or a $100 gift card! I am grateful for every win and am thoroughly enjoying this hobby. If I start getting bitter and start focusing on what I DO NOT win, well then it will be time to walk away.
  Old  November 7th, 2011, 10:35pm     #86
DAWN0124
Senior Sweeper

OP Lasted less than 2 days

Joined July 28th, 2011

Last Activity: July 29th, 2011 6:49pm

Don't think she's going to win anything
  Old  November 7th, 2011, 11:06pm     #87
libby918
Sweeper

Smile
I won an all expenses paid trip to Paris last year and a $2500 Bergdorf Goodman giftcard this year. I have won lots of smaller prizes as well and those are what keep me interested in this hobby.
Wishing you lots of luck.

libby918
  Old  November 8th, 2011, 12:49am     #88
JenniferPaige
Master Sweeper

OP, those were my intial thoughts, but I entered a contest where 100,000 people would get chosen to win a tiny little clinique mascara sample. I got an email saying I was a winner and that was all it took. I said "hmmmm, what else can I win?" The answer is, lots of things

My Wins